Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

How to disable Register Page & Only Show Login Page

This topic is resolved
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 40 Topics
    • 139 Posts
    @harryshapes

Hi,

On the register page it also has a tab for the login. How can i hide the register page and only show the login on the same page it shows on the front end. I don’t want people to login via the wordpress login only via the front end login.

Please advise.

Thanks

Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi kam,

Do you want to create a page including only the login form?
    Please confirm after visiting the following example: https://classic.gwangi-theme.com/login/

Do you want to also prevent users from registering?
    Or do you want to separate the registration page from the login page?

Finally do you want to completely prevent users from logging in using the /wp-login.php form and redirect them to your primary login form?
    Or simply hiding all link to the default WP login form is good enough?

Thank you for your reply.

Regards

kam
    Participant
    • 40 Topics
    • 139 Posts
    @harryshapes

Hi,

Yes to all actually please.

Thank you

kam
    Participant
    • 40 Topics
    • 139 Posts
    @harryshapes

Hi,

Do you have an update?

Kind regards,

Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi kam,

1) We use Login With Ajax (https://wordpress.org/plugins/login-with-ajax/) on our demos to create the login form. Please make sure this plugin is installed on your server and then, read the following tutorial to find how to setup your login form:

Creating the Login Page

2) Do you want to separate the registration page from the login page?
    If yes, the simplest way might be to hide the “Login” tab from the registration page.
    To do so, please visit your website CSS editor (“Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS”) and paste the following code:

.bp_register .nav-register .nav-item:last-child {
        display: none;
    }

3) Finally, to completely prevent users from logging in using the /wp-login.php form and redirect them to your primary login, you can install and activate any plugin of your choosing, like WPS Hide Login (https://fr.wordpress.org/plugins/wps-hide-login/).

Regards

kam
    Participant
    • 40 Topics
    • 139 Posts
    @harryshapes

Thanks this helps alot however I do have a note to add to this..

When i register how do i get it to redirect to a page that i want.. example the home page?

with the above instructions once when i login it keeps me on the login page when logged in.. i then have to manually go to another page..

how do i redirect when i log in automatically?

please advise.

Thanks

Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi kam,

Unfortunately, this feature is not supported by BuddyPress. Changing the way BP redirect after login or registration is outside the scope of any theme and thus unsupported by Gwangi.

If you want to improve redirection settings, you will need to add custom code or one of the following plugins:

BuddyPress Redirect to Profile

BP Login Redirect

You can also change the default redirection settings in Login With Ajax (please review attachment).

Regards

kam
    Participant
    • 40 Topics
    • 139 Posts
    @harryshapes

Thanks I will look at this.

I have just noticed tho when following your steps regarding the register page and not to show the login page when I view the site from a mobile in the menu it just gives me the register//login option and when pressed only takes me to a register page with no login option.

How do I change the menu so it’s the same as when viewing on a PC on a mobile?

Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi Kam,

Thank you for your great feedback.
    We understand that in your case, the display of this link might be disturbing for your visitors. What we should have displayed is the Logged Out User Menu, to show them the pages you’ve chosen for Login and Register.

You can change this by adding the following CSS code to your website:

@media screen and (max-width: 992px) {
        .navbar-nav--buddypress #menu-user-logged-out {
            display: block !important;
        }
    }

Please note that we will also change this in a coming update of Gwangi. At that point, the given CSS code snippet will no longer be necessary.

Regards

kam
    Participant
    • 40 Topics
    • 139 Posts
    @harryshapes

Ok so I should remove the code you gave before and put the new on in is that correct??

Also when logged in and viewing on a mobile it doesn’t show me an option to logout??

Please advise

Thanks

Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi Kam,

1) Yes, you can remove this code snippet once Gwangi 1.1.0 will be released. In the meantime, it will help you achieve what you are looking for.
    2) Did you already add the snippet to your website ?

Regards

kam
    Participant
    • 40 Topics
    • 139 Posts
    @harryshapes

The snippet has been added however no option to logout in the menu is shown when viewing on a mobile.

Please advise

Thanks

Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi Kam,

Can you please replace the previous code snippet by the following to see if it solve your issue ?

@media screen and (max-width: 992px) {
        .navbar-nav--buddypress #menu-user-logged-in,
        .navbar-nav--buddypress #menu-user-logged-out {
            display: block !important;
        }
    }

Once it is done, please confirm if it works for you.

Regards

kam
    Participant
    • 40 Topics
    • 139 Posts
    @harryshapes

Hi yes this does work now however when u log out it now shows the separate option for register and login as you would do when viewing the website on a PC??

Basically it says register//login twice

Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi,

Can you provide us with the URL to your website and screenshots of what you’re looking to change please ?

kam
    Participant
    • 40 Topics
    • 139 Posts
    @harryshapes
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi kam,

Once you have pasted the CSS code snippet to your custom CSS panel, these menus should be displayed like in the attached screenshots.
    Please make sure your menus are correctly set to prevent from displaying the same page links twice.

To edit menus, you can navigate to “Appearance > Menus” in your admin panels.

Regards

Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Kam,

For your information here are some previews of how the user-menu will be displayed in the next update of Gwangi.

Cheers,

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘How to disable Register Page & Only Show Login Page’ is closed to new replies.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site