Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

How to increase space between sidebars and content?

This topic is resolved
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 10 Topics
    • 40 Posts
    @seatsfordeparture

Hi guys I wanted to know how can I increase the space between the content page and the sidebars on the side?
    Help please. Thank you. <3

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Hi @seatsfordeparture,

This is standard design with our theme, I’m afraid. We could indicate the HTML element to style yourself but changing margins on those type of elements might be more difficult than expected as soon as we have to take into account the content and the widgets displayed or even screen sizes…

As this is not breaking the page, changing this is considered customization work. Unfortunately, this is a service that we do not provide.

We only share snippet only to solve issues with our theme. Any further request for CSS snippets will have to be part of a defect that needs to be fixed urgently. No snippets will be shared otherwise.

If you want to go further with the customization of your website, we advise that you hire a freelancer to do it for you.

If you’re on a tight budget, we recommend you to require the services from Envato Studio freelancers (https://studio.envato.com/explore/websites-programming). This web platform gives you access to developers who have already experience with theme customizations, and for very competitive prices.

Thank you for your understanding.

SEATSforDEPARTURE
    Participant
    • 10 Topics
    • 40 Posts
    @seatsfordeparture

Please! I don’t think it’s gonna be hard to do… I am on a very tight budget I can’t hire anyone. Please help me out! I paid your theme fully and I was hoping you would help me!

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6288 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi @seatsfordeparture, 🙂

We can do it as a favor. Where exactly would you like to increase the space ? Could you give me the url of the concerned pages, please?

Regards,

SEATSforDEPARTURE
    Participant
    • 10 Topics
    • 40 Posts
    @seatsfordeparture

Aww thank you so much you’re so sweet and helpful . xx :-*
    Anyway I was thinking about all pages in my site because I want a unique design through the whole portal.
    Like I was thinking about a setting to increase/reduce space between sidebar and page content so I can decide whether it looks better with more space or not.
    if it’s something easy to do maybe you can put it as a setting in the customize panel in a future update.
    so the page for instance would be: https://seatsfordeparture.com/live/ and you can bypass the Coming soon page by clicking here: https://seatsfordeparture.com?bypass=betatest
    <3 cheers

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6288 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi @seatsfordeparture,

Simply add the following code snippet to your website:

/**
    * Increase the space between content and sidebar
    */
    .page-template-template-classic-9-3-cols-left #secondary-right {
        padding-left: 0px;
    }
    .page-template-template-classic-3-9-cols-right #secondary-left {
        padding-right: 0px;
    }

To add this code snippet to your site, we recommend that you paste it to the Custom CSS panel of your WordPress Customizer. Just go to your dashboard and navigate to “Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS”.
    Pasting your code snippet there should do the trick for you.

I’m waiting for your feedback to make sure that no third party plugin or extra css style conflicts with this snippet. 🙂

Regards,

SEATSforDEPARTURE
    Participant
    • 10 Topics
    • 40 Posts
    @seatsfordeparture

Thank you for your help. I’ve just tried it but the one you gave me actually REDUCE the space between the sidebar and the content. So I tried changing the 0px value accordingly in this code:

.page-template-template-classic-9-3-cols-left #secondary-right {
        padding-left: 0px;
    }

and it works but it also reduce the width size of the widget (which I want to remain the same).
    if I change the value in this other piece of code nothing changes instead:

.page-template-template-classic-3-9-cols-left #secondary-left {
        padding-right: 0px;
    }

So I reckon it’s the size of the page content which should me reduced basically in order to increase the space between it and the sidebars. I hope you get what I mean XD

PS: I tried this in pages. In posts it doesn’t work unfortunately 🙁

SEATSforDEPARTURE
    Participant
    • 10 Topics
    • 40 Posts
    @seatsfordeparture

I had an idea. I thought about creating all the pages with custom templates with Elementor. So I can customize each indivual element in the page.
    I tried adding the sidebar widget in the Elementor page though but the style is completely wrong. (*look at 22 image)
    The sidebar appears like the first screenshot I am attaching whereas I want it to look like the Youzer widgets style (*look at 24 image).
    How can I copy the css of the Youzer widgets style? I would like to use the custom CSS aerea in the Elementor builder to make it look the same. Please help.
    In another topic you helped me out shaping your theme widget style like the Youzer widget ones so you should know how to do this.
    <3 I hope you can help me out. I’d be so grateful. I am still new at building websites but I wanna make sure it’s perfect before releasing it. I will include you guys in a credit page when I finish creating my website. <3

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6288 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi @seatsfordeparture,

As you asked me: “[…] a setting to increase/reduce space between sidebar […]” I though it will be easier to set the padding to 0px and let you increase it. Indeed, you just have to change the pixels. 🙂

The second style line (#secondary-left) is in the case you’re using the sidebar to the other side. This way, you keep the same space.

To reduce the content instead, I will provide you a second snippet. As we provide you snippet as a favor, we would like to ask you to review our theme.
    https://themeforest.net/item/gwangi-dating-community-theme/21115855

It is very appreciated and it helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality over time and develop new features. It’s a win-win !

And by doing this, you will be making a great contribution to our community! #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Thank you!

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6288 Posts
    @themodactyl

Thank you for bring this new issue to our attention. We’re glad to answer any question related with the setup of our theme.

However, it very difficult for us to provide the best support possible and to keep track of issues and their resolution if so many questions are asked in the same topic.
    Moreover, it’s easier for us to share the resolution for a single issue with other members of our community facing the same problem.

So, could you move your other question into a different topic, please?
    By doing this, you will be making a great contribution to this forum, and we thank you very much for that! 🙂

Thank you.

Roboraptor 🦖
Themosaurus Topic Closer

Hi there,

This topic has been inactive for a while now so we will be closing it to keep the forum tidy. Don't hesitate to create a new topic if you still need help and we'll be glad to help you!

Best regards,
The Themosaurus team.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘How to increase space between sidebars and content?’ is closed to new replies.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site