Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

How to make a matchmaking notification ?

This topic is resolved
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 13 Topics
    • 28 Posts
    @malasreda

Hello,

I have a couple of questions regarding the matchmaking:

– How can a member receive a notification for any matching profile ? a notification that will appear like the image uploaded on your envato theme page.

– On the member card list i want to always show the % match without clicking on the hearts to see the %, how can i do that ?
    – How can i change the member card list appearance ?

Thank you,

Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi @malasreda,

• Unfortunately the Math me for BuddyPress plugin doesn’t have any notification features by default. The image from ThemeForest that you attached is not a specific view included in the theme, but is just an image we made to illustrate the matchmaking feature.
    • Having to click on the hearts is the default behavior of the Match for BuddyPress plugin, and as theme authors we have unfortunately no control over that.

However, for the two above points, the author of the Match me for BuddyPress plugin indicated on the plugin FAQ that you can request custom development to him if you need:

Match me for BuddyPress

Can I request customization?
    Yes! the base plugin if FREE of cost but you can always request custom features. if you need some customization or a custom feature please send your requirements at hmk.arain@gmail.com for a quote.

• To customize your member cards, first open the Customizer by going in Appearance > Customize from your admin board.

The member cards inherit the style from the posts cards. So you can customize the members cards appearance in Posts > Posts page > Item.
      Some colors in the theme are also inherited from the buttons color, which you can find in the Appearance > Buttons panel.
      Finally, the buttons on the member cards (like the friend request and message buttons) can be customized in BuddyPress panel.

We hope this information helps you in your setup and we are sorry that we can’t help you more with the Match me for BuddyPress plugin.

Best regards,

Malas Reda
    Participant
    • 13 Topics
    • 28 Posts
    @malasreda

Thank you for the reply, i have one more question.

In the registration form, i have included a field “what are you looking for”. If the user selected “male”, he must have access to only male members and the other genders are restricted.

How can i make this possible ?
    And how can i run notification using ajax, so i dont need to reload to see new notifications ?

Thanks in advance.

Malas Reda
    Participant
    • 13 Topics
    • 28 Posts
    @malasreda

Hey,

I have found another issue regarding the members swap page, the profile card does not show the same items as on the search results like matching hearts on the right bottom corner and other fields.

I have used the snippet plugin to show some fields on the members page but does not appear on the swap members page. How can i make them appear as well as the matchmaking button ?

Best regards,

Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi @malasreda,

Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. We’ll be glad to answer any question related with the setup/use of our theme.

However, it very difficult for us to provide the best support possible and to keep track of issues and their resolution when there are multiple questions in the same topic.
    Moreover, it’s easier for us to share the resolution for a single issue with other members of our community facing the same problem.
    So for any eventual future request you might have for us, please try to create a new topic for each question

I have split your three last questions into different topics so I can reply to each of them separately:

Restrict directory by gender

Ajax notifications

Display same fields as member directory on member swap cards

Best regards,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘How to make a matchmaking notification ?’ is closed to new replies.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site