Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

How to Rearrange Profile, Notification Icons and Menu on Navigation Bar

Find Answers and Get Support Forums Gwangi – PRO Multi-Purpose Membership, Social Network & BuddyPress Community Theme Theme Customizer Menus How to Rearrange Profile, Notification Icons and Menu on Navigation Bar

This topic is resolved
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 9 Topics
    • 19 Posts
    @newbienewgirl

Hi!

A week ago I had some problems with the Kirki customizer breaking my site and in the process of trying to fix it from my end, I’ve messed up my logged in menu navigation bar. It seems like the menu is now looking like a submenu under the user profile… and I can’t seem to fix it. I have images below.

I’m trying to get the navigation bar ordered (from top to bottom) Search field, profile image, notification icons and then the logged in menu – basically ordered exactly like the navigation on the “Mentor” demo of Gwangi. Image of the Gwangi “Mentor” navigation I’m trying to recover below.

Thank you so much for your help! I love this theme.

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Lia,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We’ve recently addressed a very similar issue in another topic:

CERA FATAL ERROR WITH KIRKI & BUDDYPRESS

Kirki was updated to version 4.0 which changes a lot of things and caused some issues for many WordPress installations. The solution was to reinstall Kirki to get the 3.1.9 version. However, it seems that the current version is not causing critical anymore.

Could you please make sure that you have the latest theme version and that all recommended plugins are up-to-date? Then, could you consider clearing all activated caching system as well as your browser cache before investigating any further? If you want to read more on what browser cache is and how to clear it, here is an article that might help you: How to Clear Internet Cache in Every Major Browser.

If this issue still occurring, please come back to us.

Thank you.

Lia
    Participant
    • 9 Topics
    • 19 Posts
    @newbienewgirl

Thank you for the recommendations. I’ve cleared my caches and have auto-update enabled on all my active plugins at the moment. The Gwangi theme version I’m working with is the 2.3.4 (is there newer version available?). The problem still seems to be lingering on both computer and mobile views.

I currently have the latest version of Kirki running. On Feb 9th or 10th, I noticed my site had only the hero and footer – I read a topic posted here suggesting to roll back to the 3.1.9 version, so I did and also reverted to my parent theme because the home page elements were all missing. This resolved the temporarily resolved the problems. On Feb 14th I updated to the latest Kirki version and all the issues seemed resolved – I returned to my child theme. These menu issues (and some very minor layout problems) are the only things that aren’t resolved.

Thanks again for your help with this.

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Lia,

Thank you for your feedback. Please note that the theme version you’re using is outdated. Could you please try to update your theme to the latest version to see if it fixes the issue?

To update your theme, you can download and install the Envato Market plugin (https://envato.com/market-plugin/) on your WordPress site.

Once the plugin is installed and activated, go to “Envato Market” in your admin menu and follow the instructions under “Activate Envato API Connection”.

When this is done, you will see your purchased themes under the “Themes” tab and you should be able to update your theme from there by clicking the “Update available” button.

Cheers,

Lia
    Participant
    • 9 Topics
    • 19 Posts
    @newbienewgirl

This is good to know! I had the Envato Market plugin installed but did not have the API token set up. I got it working and updated the theme to the latest version.

My hosting service is acting up tonight 🤦 – so I will try and see if the issues are resolved tomorrow.

Thank you for helping me with this! This was a major oversight that I didn’t realize I was making.

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

You’re welcome Lia. 🙂

Don’t hesitate to keep us up to date concerning the resolution of these issues.

Best,

Lia
    Participant
    • 9 Topics
    • 19 Posts
    @newbienewgirl

I’ve gotten everything updated and had a chance to play around with it all, but I can’t seem to correct the order of my navigation menu. The nav menu is still acting like a sub-menu beneath the username, making it difficult to click the drop down arrow without going straight to the user profile page (as seen in images above).

I probably messed this up myself while trying to fix some elements that were broken as a result of the Kirki update or my outdated theme version… I’m just not sure what I did. I’m tempted to try to reinstall the “Mentor” demo and see what exactly is different in the menu settings from my own. I would love to get it ordered exactly like the attached image (Mentor demo) – I had it ordered this way before the site broke, so I know it is possible.

I’m wondering if the profile and notification icon bar can be changed when editing the logged in menu under customization>menus by adding some elements – I’m just not sure what needs to be added. 😔

Thanks for your help! I’m sorry to take up so much of your time with this!

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Lia,

My best guess is that the navigation has been set in the User – Logged In menu, instead of the Primary menu. When editing your navigation in Dashboard > Appearance > Menus, please make sure to check the “Primary” feature at the bottom of the page. Please find the attached screenshots.

Concerning the icons in the navigation, please be aware that it is automatically managed related to the features activated on your website. I’m afraid changing this requires custom development work. In consequence, our recommendation is to hire a freelancer to do this job for you.

If you’re on a tight budget, we recommend you to require the services from Envato Studio freelancers (https://studio.envato.com/explore/websites-programming). This web platform gives you access to developers who have already experience with theme customizations, and for very competitive prices.

Best,

Lia
    Participant
    • 9 Topics
    • 19 Posts
    @newbienewgirl

You were absolutely right! I switched it to the Primary menu and that’s fixed it – now it’s all ordered perfectly again. 😊

Thank you so much for your help!

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Lia,

I’m glad to read your issue is now fixed. 🙂

You are such a positive user that we really enjoy helping you! If you have further questions or requests, feel free to create other forum topics.

Cheers,

Roboraptor 🦖
Themosaurus Topic Closer

Hi there,

This topic has been inactive for a while now so we will be closing it to keep the forum tidy. Don't hesitate to create a new topic if you still need help and we'll be glad to help you!

Best regards,
The Themosaurus team.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘How to Rearrange Profile, Notification Icons and Menu on Navigation Bar’ is closed to new replies.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site