Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

How to replicate Youth 'Demo Site' contact form?

This topic is resolved
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 40 Topics
    • 139 Posts
    @harryshapes

Hi,

I followed the documentation that you provided for setting up the contact page which is great however I want it to look like your demo site contact page.

The small contact form window that seamlessly pops up with the map underneath with some additional venue workplaces..

Could you please explain how this can be achieved.

Much appreciated! 😀

Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi Kam,

On our demos, the contact page is widgetized page and it contains Grimlock section widgets and a map widget from Google Maps Easy (https://wordpress.org/plugins/google-maps-easy/).

If you want to make your contact page look exactly the same as the demo, you will need to use the “Homepage Minimal” template and override the Homepage widget area using Easy Custom Sidebars (https://wordpress.org/plugins/easy-custom-sidebars/). This will allow you to add Grimlock section widgets to your contact page.
    Next, you can copy/paste your contact form 7 shortcode into the content of any Grimlock section widget. You can make your contact form “float” by adding the following CSS classes to your widget:

section--boxed
    pb-0

To add CSS classes to any Grimlock section widget, please navigate to its “Style” tab and paste the given code in the “CSS Classes” text field.

Finally, regarding Google Maps Easy, you will first need to configure your map. Then, just add the widget from Google Maps Easy to your page widget area and select the right map to display.

To setup your map, please read Google Maps Easy documentation:
    https://supsystic.com/plugins/google-maps-plugin/#faq

We’ve made a tutorial to help you create additional widgetized pages:

Creating Widgetized Pages

You will find the steps to create a widgetized page in the following quick video tutorial:

We hope this helps! ?

Best,

Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Sorry, I forgot to mention the way to replicate the “Our workplaces” widget.
    You will have to add a Grimlock Query Section widget to your page. Then, you can make a WordPress query for the post type of your choosing, in this the Venues from The Events Calendar (if activated on your website).

You could also select another post type or create your own to display workplaces.

Best,

kam
    Participant
    • 40 Topics
    • 139 Posts
    @harryshapes

Hi,

Ok I did what you said and edited my contact page and made it home page minimal template and then got rid of the other widgets that was not needed on the contact page.. perfect.. contact page looks great.. however

I go to my home page and I have the front search option then below it’s the contact form and nothing else.. it’s as if what I edited on the contact page has now replicated to my home page and lost everything there..

How do I get that all back as well as keeping both pages separate when editing?

🙁

kam
    Participant
    • 40 Topics
    • 139 Posts
    @harryshapes

Please note that my revision option was not active at the time sooooo theres no way for me to go back to when it was there.

Could you please provide information on the sections and the content you have on the demo home page so i can replicate.

I tried adding them in manually however the font doesnt look the same.. the orange underline of for example ‘Be part of a Real Commmunity’ dont know how to add.. I just want to have it the home page back to how it was before I was advised making the change as it was perfect :(:(:(

help 🙁

Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi Kam,

Oh, we’re really sorry for your trouble. ?

We think you might have ignored this step:

If you want to make your contact page look exactly the same as the demo, you will need to use the “Homepage Minimal” template and override the Homepage widget area using Easy Custom Sidebars (https://wordpress.org/plugins/easy-custom-sidebars/). This will allow you to add Grimlock section widgets to your contact page.

You HAVE TO override/duplicate the homepage widget area otherwise, you will be editing the same widgets as those displayed on your homepage. In this case, removing them from your contact page will remove them from your homepage as your widget area has remained the same.

To solve this:
    1) Be sure to create a widgetized page for your contact page. This will duplicate your widget area and separate homepage widgets from those displayed on your new page.
    For more, please also follow this video tutorial:

2) We recommend that you import again your widgets like you did when you first installed our demo.

Gwangi Setup Guide

All existing widgets will be ignored and missing demo widgets will be added to your homepage. You can then modify them again as you did.
    It’s probably the quickest way to restore your homepage.

We hope this helps.

Best,

kam
    Participant
    • 40 Topics
    • 139 Posts
    @harryshapes

You are correct.. slight miss step from myself so not your fault at all.. user error as they say! Oops

I have managed to get back what it was that I wanted to some degree apart from the little things like slash underlines on headings and slanted sections … again I have raised separate tickets for these minor things..

Support is really good btw and very pleased with the helpfulness and quick responses so far 😀

Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi Kam,

Thank you very much for the kind words! We really appreciate. ?
    We’ve also replied to your other topics as it might help other Gwangi users. Some will surely ask themselves the same questions. So, thank you for raising those.

Best,

Roboraptor 🦖
Themosaurus Topic Closer

Hi there,

This topic has been inactive for a while now so we will be closing it to keep the forum tidy. Don't hesitate to create a new topic if you still need help and we'll be glad to help you!

Best regards,
The Themosaurus team.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘How to replicate Youth 'Demo Site' contact form?’ is closed to new replies.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site