Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

In regards to the COVID-19 situation

Your support team is currently doing their best to offer the best support possible despite the current COVID-19 situation. However during these exceptional circumstances, please note that you should expect a response time of 2-3 business days, until further notice.Rest assured that we will still do our best to handle your requests as soon as possible! Everyone stay safe and healthy! 😷

How to search for all occurences of a Buddypress function and replace them

Find Answers and Get Support Forums Gwangi – PRO Multi-Purpose Membership, Social Network & BuddyPress Community Theme Fine Tuning Child Themes How to search for all occurences of a Buddypress function and replace them

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 4 Topics
    • 4 Posts

I need to search for all occurrences of bp_core_fetch_avatar() and replace them with get_avatar(). This is because I will assign profile pictures (avatars) to my website through an API.

Do you know where these occurrences can be found within the templates? If not, what tool do you suggest using to find them? this is the last issue I need to solve to get the website up and running, help would be greatly appreciated. I know a simpler solution would be to find a Buddypress function to change avatar with PHP code, but apparently, they haven’t implemented this (neither has WordPress, although I created my own custom solution for this), which is honestly a little ridiculous, as this is a very basic process I would expect from any framework.

Cheers, Fernando from Just Game

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2207 Posts

Hi Fernando,

Thanks for getting in touch! We’ve received your request and we’ll get you an answer as soon as possible. 🙂

We really thank you for your patience!

In the meantime, feel free to check out our documentation resources for more help:

FAQ & Support Documentation

Kind regards,

Olivier
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 1889 Posts

Hi Fernando,

Thank you for your question.

You should find most occurrences from any BP function in BuddyPress itself or Grimlock for BuddyPress. This other plugin should be located in wp-content/plugins/grimlock-buddypress.

Please note that we advise against writing any code directly in those plugins to prevent future updates from erasing all your changes. You should consider creating your own plugin and hook the required filter:
    http://hookr.io/filters/bp_core_fetch_avatar/

For more about filters, please also read the following post:
    https://www.wpbeginner.com/glossary/filters/

Best,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️