Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

Redirect Free Users to Paid Memberships Plans When Reaching Superlikes Limits

Find Answers and Get Support Forums MatchPress – Let’s Swipe Your BuddyPress Community Feature Requests Redirect Free Users to Paid Memberships Plans When Reaching Superlikes Limits

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 1 Topics
    • 8 Posts
    @alvarolzaiser
    Up
    ::

I can’t find how to configure different membership plans for each user, their cost, the payment gateway. I have matchpress and also the plugin I am having the problem with. Additionally, I would like users to not be able to send superlikes for free, that this would only be reserved for premium or paid members. So, my problem is that I can’t find how to configure those “memberships” that the plugin talks about

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6435 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Alvaro,

Thank you for buying MatchPress. We hope it will meet all your expectations! 🙂

In order to achieve paid plans, you need Paid Memberships Pro, which allow you to restrict content or areas of your website that will only be displayed to premium members. Plenty of PMPro add-ons are available on the author website to go further if necessary, including one for BuddyPress restrictions.

Note that you’ll need three plugins for get that features:

1. Paid Memeberhips pro,
    2. MatchPress,
    3. MatchPress for PMpro add-on.

Plans are managed by Paid Memberships Pro plugin. MatchPress works out of the box once the plans and role have been configured. In case you need more help to configure plans for your members, it’s best if you ask directly to the plugin authors. They will be more informed and better suited to answer you:
    paidmembershipspro.com/contact

Hope this will help you. 🙂

Best,

Alvaro
    Participant
    • 1 Topics
    • 8 Posts
    @alvarolzaiser

Perfect, thank you. How can I do if I have match press and I want the “free” users to not have any “super like” for free, and I want that when they click on a “super like” which appears crossed out or gray, I display the memberships to give super like.

I would also like users to be able to see their matches on a specific page, and for other users not to be able to access that, only their own matches, not other people’s matches.

Alvaro.

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6435 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Alvaro,

Once all plugins are activated, you can see all settings in Dashboard > Memberships > Settings > Levels > Other Settings. Please find the attached screenshots.

Concerning your second issue, I’m afraid it might require custom development to create a specific page for displaying matches. 🤔

Hope this will help you. 🙂

Best,

Alvaro
    Participant
    • 1 Topics
    • 8 Posts
    @alvarolzaiser

I understand what you are telling me, but your response does not answer my question about how I can ensure that when a user who does not have more than 1 superlike, per day, when he exceeds, or wants to give more than what is allowed, take him to the subscriptions page, I understand that this is under the responsibility of matchpress. In other words, I need that if a user has 1 superlike, and is trying to give more than that, that they be redirected to the subscriptions page or shown the plans.

Thank you, Alvaro.

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6435 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Alvaro,

At this point, it is not possible. I’m afraid it requires Custom development. We discussed this feature, and we concluded it would be indeed very nice to have the possibility to redirect the free users to the premiums plans with a direct link or a popup when they want to do an action limited to paid users.

Please note that I took the liberty to move this topic to our Feature Requests forum. As your idea could be a nice addition to our plugin, we will implement this feature if other community members upvote your request.

We’ll keep you informed. Thank you very much for contributing to this theme!

Best regards,

Alvaro
    Participant
    • 1 Topics
    • 8 Posts
    @alvarolzaiser

Perfect, now I want to know if the buddy press friendship features are overridden when I install matchpress. And, in that case, if that is the case, can I use buddy press friendship links to show matches?

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6435 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Alvaro,

Indeed, MatchPress uses the friendship features. 🙂

Best,

Alvaro
    Participant
    • 1 Topics
    • 8 Posts
    @alvarolzaiser

Of course, friendships are replaced by matches, right? What I need to know is if I can show something like requested friend requests, as if they were likes that have not yet ended up in matches. That is, a user liked me, but I didn’t, so I want to show which user that user is to the premium users. Is it possible to do that?

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6435 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Alvaro,

Thank you for reaching out.

In MatchPress, we intentionally hide likes received to preserve the significance of superlikes. Superlikes offer users the unique ability to connect without requiring a mutual match, providing an exclusive and engaging experience. Leveraging superlikes, especially for premium users, can enhance the overall appeal of your platform.

If you are determined to display likes received despite the potential impact on superlikes’ exclusivity, it would involve custom development to modify the plugin’s behavior. In consequence, our recommendation is to hire a developer to do this job for you.

If you’re on a tight budget, we recommend you to require the services from Fiverr. This web platform gives you access to developers who already have experience with theme customizations, and for very competitive prices.

Disclaimer : we have no affiliation with Fiverr and are only recommending it as a starting point and a popular option for those who might not be sure where to look when in need of some custom work.

Best,

Alvaro
    Participant
    • 1 Topics
    • 8 Posts
    @alvarolzaiser

I UNDERSTAND, BUT IF YOU ARE THE ONE WHO INTENTIONALLY HIDDEN THAT FEATURE, I WANT YOU TO EXPLAIN TO ME HOW I CAN RESTORE IT

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6435 Posts
    @themodactyl

It seems the politeness slipped off your message. Could you please ask your question again?

Alvaro
    Participant
    • 1 Topics
    • 8 Posts
    @alvarolzaiser

I’m using a translator because I don’t speak English. It may disfigure the message or make it seem like it was not polite, I’m just trying to know how to activate that functionality again that you intentionally hid, I don’t know how I should ask for it sincerely, I don’t think it was rude

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6435 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Alvaro,

Sorry, it seems it’s a misunderstanding. As your message was all in uppercase, it seems you were yelling at us.

I’ll see with our developers team, but I think it might be complicated to remove this feature. 🤔

Thank you in advance for your patience.

Cheers,

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6435 Posts
    @themodactyl

Thank you for your patience. 🙂

To restore friend requests visibility, simply add the following code snippet to your website:

/**
     * Restore Friend Requests Visibility
     */
    add_action( 'matchpress_loaded', function() {
       global $matchpress;
       remove_action( 'bp_actions', array( $matchpress, 'remove_friend_requests_sub_nav'  ), 10 );
       add_action( 'friends_friendship_requested', 'bp_friends_friendship_requested_notification', 10 );
       add_action( 'friends_friendship_requested', 'friends_notification_new_request', 10 );
       remove_filter( 'bp_friend_get_total_requests_count', array( $matchpress, 'hide_friend_requests_count' ), 10 );
    } );

To add this code snippet to your site, we recommend that you use the Code Snippets plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/code-snippets/). If you have never activated this plugin, please read the following post: Adding Custom PHP Without Changing Your Child Theme.

Please also note that we don’t provide any theme customization. So, you shouldn’t expect other snippets from us unless it’s to fix an issue stemming from our own codebase. We always try our best to help theme users whenever we can and only provide code snippets out of courtesy to prevent them from waiting for the next update.

Regards,

Alvaro
    Participant
    • 1 Topics
    • 8 Posts
    @alvarolzaiser

THANK YOU Manathan FOR THE INFORMATION, I WILL BE TRYING IT AND WILL NOTIFY YOU. YOU ARE VERY KIND, GREETINGS, ÁLVARO.

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6435 Posts
    @themodactyl

You’re welcome Alvaro! 🙂

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site