Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

I have a problem to import gwangi-latest.xml

This topic is resolved
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 6 Topics
    • 20 Posts
    @mahdi

Hello dear,

I wish you are feeling good.

Can you please login to my admin panel and import gwangi-latest.xml. I tried many times even I tried manually but still there is a problem and I face a error message. Where can I provide you the username and password of my website?

I guess if I write here, everyone can ready it.

Best regards.

Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi @mahdi,

Import issues are frequently caused by insufficient memory allocation or file permission misconfiguration for your server.

For better debugging purposes, please first activate logging on your website, just turn WP_DEBUG to true, like following:
    define ('WP_DEBUG', TRUE);
    You will find this constant in your wp-config.php file.

More on this in the following topic: https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress

Then, please deactivate all plugins, activate a default WP theme (i.e. Twenty Seventeen) and then try to run the WP Importer with the following file:
    https://raw.githubusercontent.com/WPTRT/theme-unit-test/master/themeunittestdata.wordpress.xml

This may confirm that the problem is related with your configuration and it will give you the necessary error logs to transfer to your server hosting support.

Finally, please also check the WordPress prerequisites here: https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/.

For better performance (and better security) we obviously recommend the version 7.2 for PHP. Nevertheless, if this is not possible for you (server type, incompatibilities with plugins, etc.) we recommend at least version 5.6.X.

We hope this will help.

Regards

Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Also, if you feel the need to share sensitive info with us like your error logs or credentials, please set you reply as private.

Regards,

daniel
    Participant
    • 6 Topics
    • 20 Posts
    @mahdi
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi @mahdi,

Could please share the error logs with us like suggested before?

Thank you.

daniel
    Participant
    • 6 Topics
    • 20 Posts
    @mahdi
    daniel
    Participant
    • 6 Topics
    • 20 Posts
    @mahdi

Hello dear,

By the way, if I install Youzer – Buddypress Community & User Profile WordPress Plugin (Demo) it works with your them? Because it looks honestly very nice. Is that work on your them?

Thanks

Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi @mahdi,

It seems that your demo content import went completely wrong… ?
    You’re missing the demo posts, demo pages and demo custom sidebars, which -as you’ve discovered by yourself- are supposed to store your widgets.

We’ve logged into your website and manually imported these sidebars and your widgets. This issue is now solved (see attachment from following private reply).

HOWEVER, these sidebars aren’t attached to the pages that they’re supposed to as those are missing… So, you will face new issue when continuing building your website this way! It’s best if you empty your database and start the theme setup from scratch.

Each time you start again with a fresh install, you must follow the steps described in the setup guide: https://doc.themosaurus.com/gwangi-setup-guide/
    This guide is also available in your admin panel. Please navigate to “Appearance > About Gwangi > Setup Guide” to open it.

As suggested before, please first activate logging on your website by adding the following PHP code snippet to your wp-config.php file:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

// Disable display of errors and warnings 
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
    @ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

In case the demo content import step still goes wrong, it will provide us with the required log files to better help you.

Furthermore, if you want to correctly import contents and widgets related the different plugins, you have to make sure they are activated and configured (like BuddyPress).

Once you followed the steps described in the guide, you will have the same setup as the basic demo: https://basic.gwangi-theme.com/

You can start from there to create your website and add the features you want (shop, agenda, contact forms).

Just follow the documentation posts or support topics from our website.

If you have any further request for help, please don’t hesitate to create more topics on our forums. The more precise is your question, the easier it is for us to help you.

You can rest assured that we will handle your request as soon as possible.

Regards,

Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus
    Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Please also note that our theme does not support Youzer and we do not recommend its activation with Gwangi. Integrating both will require further efforts on your part that we will not support.

Regards,

daniel
    Participant
    • 6 Topics
    • 20 Posts
    @mahdi

Hello dear,

Ok , thanks I will try to install again and make the DB empty first . If I face any problem, I will contact u again.

Best regards.

daniel
    Participant
    • 6 Topics
    • 20 Posts
    @mahdi

Hello dear,

I have tried again and again but it did not work as well.

What I had done, I installed the wp (very pure) – Install the theme – put the below items in the right place :
    // Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define( ‘WP_DEBUG’, true );

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define( ‘WP_DEBUG_LOG’, true );

// Disable display of errors and warnings
    define( ‘WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY’, false );
    @ini_set( ‘display_errors’, 0 );

then it’s ready to import xml.

Please login and import xml file because I could not.

Thanks

best regards.

Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi @mahdi,

Thank you for keeping us updated. We’ve logged into your website and gave a shot to this import… It’s still going nowhere.

Could please share your WP logs in your next reply? You can find the log file under the following path /wp-content/debug.log. It will give clues about what’s going wrong with your website.

Without this information, we won’t be able to help you further or point you to someone else who could.

Thank you.

daniel
    Participant
    • 6 Topics
    • 20 Posts
    @mahdi
    Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus
    daniel
    Participant
    • 6 Topics
    • 20 Posts
    @mahdi
    Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi @mahdi,

We checked your configuration and it was just necessary to increase two parameters. This allows the import to take a little longer and not to be blocked (404 error).

The demo contents are now successfully imported.
    Hope this will help you.

Best regards,

daniel
    Participant
    • 6 Topics
    • 20 Posts
    @mahdi

hello dear,

thank you. Now I can start working with this theme? everything is ok? did you import everythng? even Widgets? i do need to import anything else?

best regards.

Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi @mahdi,

Yes all contents are imported (posts, widgets, menus, etc.), so you can work without any fear ;).
    So I’m going to close this ticket. Fell free to create new ones if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘I have a problem to import gwangi-latest.xml’ is closed to new replies.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site