Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

I would like to hide your footer and use mine from Elementor

This topic is resolved
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 10 Topics
    • 22 Posts
    @medienor

Hi,

I would like to hide your standard footer and use my own footer created in Elementor.

I know how to make the footer and apply it to the entire site with Elementor, but i dont know how to hide your standard footer. I would rather not use CSS like display:none because of speed issues.

Thanks!

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Medienor,

Thank you for buying our theme. We hope it will meet all your expectations! 🙂

Once you deleted all the widget in Customize > Widgets > Prefooter and/or Customize > Widgets > Footer, you have to hide the footer with a css snippet.

If you proceed as described, be sure you will not have any speed issue related to this.

Best,

Medienor
    Participant
    • 10 Topics
    • 22 Posts
    @medienor

Much love! 🙂

Medienor
    Participant
    • 10 Topics
    • 22 Posts
    @medienor

Hi @manhatan – I tried this.

But when showing my Elementor Footer, the header dissapears (With logo, buddypress icons and menu etc)

Can you help me? Its a bug.

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Medienor,

As you’re concern about speed, please note that I don’t suggest you to use Elementor as Gutenberg is more lighter. In case you would like to know more about Gutenberg and our theme, I’ll be glad to explain you how you could use this editor.

However, if I’m not mistaken, when using an Elementor footer, you have to use an Elementor Navigation as well. In that case, you have to create a navigation with Elementor.

Best,

Medienor
    Participant
    • 10 Topics
    • 22 Posts
    @medienor

Hello, i dont understand what you mean.

You told me to remove footer widgets, hide it with CSS – I did all this.

But when i add the Elementor Footer your header dissapears, this should not happend.

Could you help me?

Medienor
    Participant
    • 10 Topics
    • 22 Posts
    @medienor

By Elementor Navigation do you mean Elementor Header?

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Medienor,

It seems this topic is becoming a little confusing. Allow me start again:

Note that we recommend you to keep the standard footer. As it is made with widgets, it is quite easy to edit it. Can you please tell us why you would like to use an Elementor footer? Is there something you can’t do with the widgets?

To use Elementor as your page builder, you need to select the right Elementor template for your pages: the “Elementor Full Width” and “Elementor Canvas”.

The “Elementor Full Width” allow you to use Elementor editor to edit the content of the page. By using this plugin, the standard header and footer will be used. Of course, you can edit them by using the customizer.

Using the “Elementor Canvas” prevents these standard elements from appearing. This way, you page is quite empty so you can use Elementor to build, for exemple, the header.

Can you please tell us which template you’re using?

Best,

Medienor
    Participant
    • 10 Topics
    • 22 Posts
    @medienor

Hi,

We would like to use Elementor Footer because it give us more freedom with the design aspect.

Please look at the short video i added, it explains my problem.

See video attached!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1r2SKtJlhnl8MGPZTC-1xOTeDN77zNg2p/view?usp=sharing

Medienor
    Participant
    • 10 Topics
    • 22 Posts
    @medienor

We would like our Elementor footer to show up on regular sites, and elementor sites.

How can we achieve this?

Medienor
    Participant
    • 10 Topics
    • 22 Posts
    @medienor

Hi, i shared the video with you.

Please check again

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Thank you Medienor for your video.

Our theme is compatible with Elementor. However, it will be more simple for you to use the widgets to achieve this in the footer. By using an Elementor Footer, as you noticed, you’ll need to use an Elementor Header.

1. You need to set 4 columns in Customize > Appearance > Pre Footer > Layout.
    2. Then, you can change the colors in Style.
    3. Finally, you can fill the columns with widgets in Customize > Widgets > Pre Footer (1, 2, 3 and 4).

Please find the attached screenshots. Let me know if you need more explanations.

Best,

Roboraptor 🦖
Themosaurus Topic Closer

Hi there,

This topic has been inactive for a while now so we will be closing it to keep the forum tidy. Don't hesitate to create a new topic if you still need help and we'll be glad to help you!

Best regards,
The Themosaurus team.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘I would like to hide your footer and use mine from Elementor’ is closed to new replies.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site