Home › Forums › Gwangi – PRO Multi-Purpose Membership, Social Network & BuddyPress Community Theme › Feature Requests › ideas and suggestions
04/02/2019 at 07:11 #5047
I really liked your topic but I find that it lacks many important functions especially in security and appearance, I do not want to fill my website with add-ons for different functions and that is why I made a list of ideas and suggestions to improve the subject and not only a complement full of accessories, I hope they do not bother and it is useful to all
FUNCTIONS FOR THE WEBSITE ADMINISTRATOR:
– option to send bulk emails and mass private messages to users
– register and save the ips of registered users before any legal problem
– Help mailbox where all the reports that users make will arrive or if they want to contact you in a faster way to assist users other than by mail
FUNCTIONS FOR USER PROFILES:
– Button to give touches
– button to report profile
– button to block profile
– integrate in each profile: connection states: online, absent, busy, and I return etc
– special badges for profiles: most viewed, most popular, sexiest etc
– option to hide the entire wall until the other user is a friend
FUNCTIONS FOR PRIVATE MESSAGING:
– add photo upload
– option to erase conversation
– add video call
– message message read
– add audio message only from cell phones
– notice that the other person is writing
– add emoticons
– Block button and report to administrator
– chat window with these functions and in this way http://prntscr.com/l7ua32 http://prntscr.com/l7uaht
FUNCTIONS FOR SUBSCRIPTION OF PAYMENT:
– Include funds for profiles
– virtual gifts to send to another user
– frames for photos
FUNCTIONS FOR THE COMPLETE WEBSITE
– when starting a session, integrate a greeting according to day, afternoon or night
– testimonies of couples formed in the form of a slider
– Captcha when registering to avoid spam
– Add icons for the pages of the menus
– add a preload for a better loading experience
– Moderation and blocking system between users of messages and profiles06/02/2019 at 17:52 #5123
Thank you for your precious feedback. You gave a lot to think about!
However, heavily coded features like those you’re describing are outside the scope of a WordPress theme and should be placed in a plugin, as they are part of what we call Plugin Territory (https://code.tutsplus.com/tutorials/the-concept-of-plugin-territory-in-wordpress–cms-25083).
Furthermore, please note that your feature requests are more related with the improvement of BuddyPress (or maybe with the creation of new add-ons), not our theme. As theme authors, feature development for third party plugins isn’t part of the support we will provide.
And starting form may 2019, it will be even forbidden from ThemeForest authors to add such feature in a theme…
To go further, we invite you to inform the plugin authors of your request on their support forums:
You could also require custom development work. We recommend you to require the services from Envato Studio freelancers (https://studio.envato.com/explore/websites-programming). This web platform gives you access to developers who have already experience with theme customizations, and for very competitive prices.
We remain available to discuss new feature requests related with the use of your theme.
Best regards,06/02/2019 at 19:06 #5124
Is that unfortunate, and can you at least add some feature so that users can block another user or report a profile or content? This is very important since there is no security control for the users.07/02/2019 at 15:08 #5155
Regarding BuddyPress moderation, it seems that the best solutions around are the following plugins:
– BuddyPress Moderation Tools (https://buddydev.com/plugins/buddypress-moderation-tools/)
– BP Block Users (https://wordpress.org/plugins/bp-block-users/)
– BuddyBlock [paid] (https://www.philopress.com/products/buddyblock/)
However, please note that neither of these plugins has been tested or integrated with our product. You might require extra customization work if you wish to make them fit perfectly with your website.
Best,12/02/2019 at 17:22 #5267
sincerely it is annoying to have to integrate a plugin for each function, I have many plugin and install another one is already annoying12/02/2019 at 19:42 #5270
Yes, we understand your trouble as some plugin are providing unwanted features and might slow down your website… It’s true. And that’s the reason we recommend to stick to the bare minimum when possible.
Unfortunately, ThemeForest authors will be even forbidden to add plugin territory features in a theme starting form may 2019. Currently, it’s already very discouraged practice. Even if we wanted to, ThemeForest will not allow it.
You can still require custom development work and ask to your web developer to create the specific features that you want for your website.
We recommend you to require the services from Envato Studio freelancers (https://studio.envato.com/explore/websites-programming). This web platform gives you access to developers who have already experience with theme customizations, and for very competitive prices.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.