Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

in which file i can edit "Grimlock Buddypress Groups"

This topic is resolved
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 7 Topics
    • 16 Posts
    @rsrs94

I want to remove the linking from the groups on the overview on the homepage.
    And change “newest”, “popular”,…

But i can not find the files where i can do that. I searched in many files.

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Hi @rsrs94,

To be clear, do you wish to override the template?

Thank you.

Rajinderdeep Singh
    Participant
    • 7 Topics
    • 16 Posts
    @rsrs94

@themosaurusrex yes.
    or have u a solution how to exclude non logged in user for the groups?
    with “Restrict User Access – Membership Plugin with Force” i can do that for groups and members but not the groups itself.
    so i thought i could delete the a hrefs

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

@rsrs94 Understood. This is clearly far too advanced to be managed with your Customizer and widget options. You can find the Grimlock_BuddyPress_Groups_Section_Component PHP class managing this widget under the following directory:
    wp-content/plugins/grimlock-buddypress/inc/component/class-grimlock-buddypress-groups-section-component.php

My recommendation will be to either extend this class in your plugin or child theme, or use its hooks to add and remove template functions. This will make your code more stable and more compatible with future Grimlock for BuddyPress updates. You can find all our grimlock template hooks and functions in the following files:
    wp-content/plugins/grimlock-buddypress/inc/grimlock-buddypress-template-hooks.php
    wp-content/plugins/grimlock-buddypress/inc/grimlock-buddypress-template-functions.php

I’ve recently addressed a similar question in another topic. To find out how you can resolve it, please click the following link:
    https://support.themosaurus.com/forums/topic/mobile-navbar-appearance/#post-13615

If you have further questions or requests, feel free to create other forum topics.

We remain available for all matters related with our theme!

Cheers,

Rajinderdeep Singh
    Participant
    • 7 Topics
    • 16 Posts
    @rsrs94

@themosaurusrex
    which from that is the correct child theme?
    i use the dating theme

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

If you wish to start overriding templates and components, you should fork the gwangi-child theme. It’s a blank theme made to extend theme features. However, if your website is running with an older version of our theme and you still have gwangi-dating activated, I recommend that you use a the Code Snippets plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/code-snippets/). If you have never activated this plugin, please read the following post:

Adding Custom PHP Without Changing Your Child Theme

Rajinderdeep Singh
    Participant
    • 7 Topics
    • 16 Posts
    @rsrs94

@themosaurusrex

if i activate the child theme all mine settings are away and the look is very different.

with the code snippet plugin i do not need child theme?

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

@rsrs94 I totally get it. That’s the main reason why we suggest using the Code Snippet plugin. By switching to a child theme, you will have to migrate all your old settings. If you use the plugin, the theme and its settings remain unchanged.

Roboraptor 🦖
Themosaurus Topic Closer

Hi there,

This topic has been inactive for a while now so we will be closing it to keep the forum tidy. Don't hesitate to create a new topic if you still need help and we'll be glad to help you!

Best regards,
The Themosaurus team.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘in which file i can edit "Grimlock Buddypress Groups"’ is closed to new replies.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site