Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

Install Cera on the main domain and subdomains. Help, please.

Find Answers and Get Support Forums Cera – Intranet & Community Theme Installation & Updates Theme Installation and Updates Install Cera on the main domain and subdomains. Help, please.

This topic is resolved
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 1 Topics
    • 9 Posts
    @nordiceesti

Dears,
    I’m having problems using Cera and subdomains correctly in a multisite environment.
    Now let me explain: I correctly installed Cera (main theme, not the child) (as a network theme) and the demo content (dark intranet) on my main domain (by the wizard setup).
    Then I redo it in one subdomain (activating the theme and following the wizard setup).
    I don’t change anything about the theme or different options.

So on my main domain, I have all perfect installed, but on my subdomain, I lack the vertical bar (even if the install wizard was ok).

One more question:

could I use:
    mydomain.com for a standard website (with homepage, privacy page and staff like these)
    aa.mydomain.com for an intranet (of course with Cera) (for example for one Country)
    bb.mydomain.com for another intranet (same Cera theme) (other Country) and so on

If it is possible, could you explain how to do? I’m using kinsta.com as hosting.
    Don’t find any support mail, so I’m writing here.
    Sorry for my English.
    Regards
    Nordiceesti

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Hi @nordiceesti,

Thank you for reaching out! 🙂

You’re in the right place, we actually don’t provide any support via email.

The problem you’re describing is very strange. We also use Cera on a WordPress multisite for https://cera-theme.com. We’re not facing the same issues with our demos.

Maybe it’s best if we take a quick look at this…

Could you create a new website user for us please? If possible with administrator capabilities so we can make a quick check of your settings.
    You can post the user name and password in your next reply and mark it as private to keep this between us.

Also, are we free to deactivate plugins for our tests? In this case, I invite you to make a backup before we investigate your website further in order to make sure you don’t loose any data if something goes wrong.

Thank you.

Nordiceesti
    Participant
    • 1 Topics
    • 9 Posts
    @nordiceesti
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex
    Nordiceesti
    Participant
    • 1 Topics
    • 9 Posts
    @nordiceesti
    Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

@nordiceesti, Thank you for solving this. I’m now able to log into your main website. Unfortunately, I don’t have any access to subdomain and I don’t have any access to your multisite admin.

Currently, I’m sorry to inform you that I’m not able to assess your issue and look for ways to help you.

Nordiceesti
    Participant
    • 1 Topics
    • 9 Posts
    @nordiceesti
    Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

@nordiceesti Thanks! I finally made it into the WP admin 🙂

Also, I’ve found your issue. When using a WP Multisite, you have to launch the demo setup on each site, not only on main site. However, for the wizard to work, it seems like you have to deactivate the plugins on your network and let the wizard reactivate them on each site.

It think that when you’ve installed your main site, you’ve downloaded the theme, plugins and demo content. Then, you’ve activated your plugins for your whole network. Am I correct?

Please note that in this case, you’ve not imported any content for any subdomain. So, you have to go through the theme setup for each site, if you wish to have the same or another demo installed as well as the theme and plugins.

I’ve just done it for ee.stand8.cloud and worked fine

Nordiceesti
    Participant
    • 1 Topics
    • 9 Posts
    @nordiceesti
    Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

@nordiceesti Yes, when creating a WP network, the database and file system are shared. However, it is not that simple. Each website will have is own set of data, almost like its own database, its own admins and its own users.

To my knowledge, users subscribing to one website will not be automatically to registered into another, even if they have admin rights on their own. In consequence, users will have to register in each website they wish to have access to, even if these websites parts of the same network.

If you’re facing doubts with these concepts, please remember that WordPress.com is just another big WP network, and they won’t allow data leaks between websites or let users log into each others’ websites without prior authorization.

If you wish to know more about WP multisite, please read also the following posts:

Before You Create A Network

Create A Network

Multisite Network Administration

Best,

Nordiceesti
    Participant
    • 1 Topics
    • 9 Posts
    @nordiceesti
    Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

@nordiceesti You can use your theme on your main site. This is what we actually do here:

Cera

You can also create a new navigation menu filled with custom links to each subdomain, like we do also. (Please see attached.)

Nordiceesti
    Participant
    • 1 Topics
    • 9 Posts
    @nordiceesti
    Nordiceesti
    Participant
    • 1 Topics
    • 9 Posts
    @nordiceesti
    Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

@nordiceesti,

1. You don’t need to uninstall the theme if you wish to keep a similar layout or use Cera to customize it to the needs of your main site. It can be used on several different sites (main and subdomains) with the same codebase but different customizations (styling, layout, colors). Regarding the demo content on main site, my suggestion is manually remove the widgets, posts and pages that you won’t need. Using a plugin to clear your database might end up being messy with subdomains.

2. Yes, you can deactivate every plugin that you don’t need as long as you keep Grimlock and Kirki. Those two are managing your styles and deactivating them will breaking your design. Otherwise, you can keep your plugins to the minimum 🙂

Nordiceesti
    Participant
    • 1 Topics
    • 9 Posts
    @nordiceesti
    Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

@nordiceesti I’m very sorry but I have no idea why you’re not able to access your subdomains. Something has not been set properly and I’m not sure to know what’s wrong.

Maybe these topics will help you to solve your issue as they seem to answer the same concern:

Please note that this issue is related with the setting and configuration of WP multisite, not with the use of your theme. As theme authors, the installation, setting or debugging of servers isn’t part of the support we will provide.

To go further, we invite you to ask for more help from the WP support team and post your request on their support forums:
    https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/

We remain available for all support requests related with the use of your theme.

Regards,

Roboraptor 🦖
Themosaurus Topic Closer

Hi there,

This topic has been inactive for a while now so we will be closing it to keep the forum tidy. Don't hesitate to create a new topic if you still need help and we'll be glad to help you!

Best regards,
The Themosaurus team.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Install Cera on the main domain and subdomains. Help, please.’ is closed to new replies.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site