Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

Installing the theme

This topic is resolved
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 2 Topics
    • 7 Posts
    @mihai

Hello,
    I bought the theme yesterday and installed it on my website. The problem is that when I add the plugins something goes really wrong. The whole site goes blank (wp-admin as well). I tried multiple times with no luck. It seems to react with the Buddypress plugin. It crashes the site and I need to delete the theme using FTP to get it back to being useble. Can you please help me with it?

Thank you:)

Mihai
    Participant
    • 2 Topics
    • 7 Posts
    @mihai

Plugins like Buddypress crash the site. Also the child-theme “younth” is crashing the site as well with no plugins installed. I have no idea what to do. My servers support keep telling me to contact you regarding this. Please help

Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi @mihai,

BuddyPress is a well known plugin and it’s used by a great number of websites. It’s very odd for this plugin to cause that kind of problems.

This issue is probably caused by insufficient memory allocation or file permission misconfiguration for your server.

For better debugging purposes, please first activate logging on your website, just turn WP_DEBUG to true, like following:
    define ('WP_DEBUG', TRUE);
    You will find this constant in your wp-config.php file.

More on this in the following topic: https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress

Then, please deactivate all plugins, activate a default WP theme (i.e. Twenty Seventeen) and then try to run the WP Importer with the following file:
    https://raw.githubusercontent.com/WPTRT/theme-unit-test/master/themeunittestdata.wordpress.xml

This may confirm that the problem is related with your configuration and it will give you the necessary error logs to transfer to your server hosting support.

We hope this will help.

Regards

Mihai
    Participant
    • 2 Topics
    • 7 Posts
    @mihai

Importing the XML file worked fine. Nothing happened. I’m not sure what it is related to…

Mihai
    Participant
    • 2 Topics
    • 7 Posts
    @mihai
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Mihai
    Participant
    • 2 Topics
    • 7 Posts
    @mihai

The plugins work with twentyseventeen as well as with a version of gwangi I found online (V1.0.4). For some reason it just doesn’t work with the current version of the theme. I really don’t understand.

Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi @mihai,

When using the Youth child theme, can you make sure you’re uploading Gwangi as well as Gwangi Youth?

Also, did you activate logging like we recommended previously?
    Can you please share your error logs in your next private reply please? It might give some clues about what’s going wrong with your website.

Cheers,

Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi @mihai,

When logging into your website, your theme is marked with the following error: “Stylesheet is missing”. This indicates that you’re probably directly uploading the complete ThemeForest package as your theme on your WordPress server.

Please read the following post to help you solve this error:

Solving Missing Stylesheet Theme Installation Error

Once your theme has been correctly uploaded, you must follow the steps described in the setup guide. All plugins should work and there is no need to activate them one by one. Furthermore, if you want to correctly import contents and widgets related the different plugins, you have to make sure they are activated and configured (like BuddyPress). You will find more on these steps in the setup guide (Appearance > About Gwangi > Setup).

Once you followed the steps described in the guide, you will have the same setup as the basic demo: https://basic.gwangi-theme.com/

You can start from there to create your website and add the features you want (shop, agenda, contact forms).

Just follow the documentation posts or support topics from our website.

We hope that this will help you solve your issue.

Best regards,

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Installing the theme’ is closed to new replies.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site