Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

Internal Server error caused by plugins

Find Answers and Get Support Forums Cera – Intranet & Community Theme Theme Customizer Internal Server error caused by plugins

This topic is resolved
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 1 Topics
    • 3 Posts
    @valerydatatellers

Hello there,
    this morning I was trying to set up my intranet with you theme but unfortunately inside the customizer setting page, i faced “Internal server error”. I search for a recent solution but I get no answered. I tried to deactivate and activate one by one all the plugins and finally I discovered that the problem was caused by two main plugins:
    – Buddypress
    – The Event Calendar
    How is that possible since these plugins are strictly connected to the core of your theme?
    I have WP 5.7.1 installed on a Lightsale Amazon AWS service with 1gb o RAM, cloud this maybe cause the problem?
    Thank you in advance

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Valery,

Thank you for buying our theme. We hope it will meet all your expectations! 🙂

This issue is probably caused by insufficient memory allocation or file permission misconfiguration for your server.

For better debugging purposes, please first activate logging on your website, just turn WP_DEBUG to true, like following:
    define ('WP_DEBUG', TRUE);
    You will find this constant in your wp-config.php file. More on this in the following topic: Debugging in WordPress.

You did the right thing by deactivating all plugins to find from where this issue might coming from. We suggest you to transfer the error logs to your server hosting support. I’m sure they will be more suited to help you understand what exactly is causing this issue. Please also check the WordPress prerequisites here: Requirements.

For better performance (and better security) we obviously recommend the version 7.2 for PHP. Nevertheless, if this is not possible for you (server type, incompatibilities with plugins, etc.) we recommend at least version 5.6.X.

Please note that the nature of the message displayed (“Internal Server Error”) shows that the error isn’t occurring at a WordPress level, but directly at a server level. This message make us believe that there might be a misconfiguration with the server, causing the issue. Knowing this, here’s our advice :

– First please try to contact your hosting provider to see if they can help. Make sure to explain that you are having an internal server error, and not a PHP error.
    – If they still redirect you to us or the plugins authors, please include the Apache logs of your server so that we/they can take a look at those
    – If you can, try to install your website on another server from another host to see if it works. And if it does, that gives the proof that the error is related to the server.

We hope this will help. Don’t hesitate to share the solution with us. I’m sure it will help other users facing the same issue. By doing this, you will be making a great contribution to this forum, and we thank you very much for that! #SharingIsCaring 💪🏻

Regards

Valery
    Participant
    • 1 Topics
    • 3 Posts
    @valerydatatellers

Hi Manathan,
    thank you for the quick reply. I hope it will meet all our expectations too 😉
    Anyways, I’ve shared your recommendations to our system architect, hope he will investigate on Amazon AWS in order to find the solution to our ‘internal server error’ problem.
    I will update you on the progress!
    Thank you again

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Valery,

Thank you, we’re waiting for your feedback. 🙂

Best,

Valery
    Participant
    • 1 Topics
    • 3 Posts
    @valerydatatellers

Final investigation, this solution has fixed this issue for AWS lightsail users:

add the following code to /opt/bitnami/apache2/conf/httpd.conf

<Location “/”>
    SubstituteMaxLineLength 10m
    </Location>

then restart apache

sudo /opt/bitnami/ctlscript.sh restart apache

More on this issue here: https://community.bitnami.com/t/proxy-fcgi-error-12-cannot-allocate-memory-latest-bitnami-aws-wordpress-stack/86355/2

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Valery

We’re glad to read you’ve been able to solve this!

We thank you very much to share the solution with us. I’m sure it will help other users facing the same issue. By doing this, you’re making a great contribution to this forum, and we thank you very much for that! #SharingIsCaring 💪🏻

Cheers,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Internal Server error caused by plugins’ is closed to new replies.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site