Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

malware / dangerous site warnings – I want a refund

This topic is resolved
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 2 Topics
    • 5 Posts
    @pineapplesecretsociety

I purchased Gwangi less than two weeks ago and have installed the theme and all the recommended plugins using the installer. BitDefender and other antivirus software flags it as a dangerous site and the sitelock scanner says there are over 100 instances of malware. I. Want. A. Refund.

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi JW,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I must admit that we are quite surprised to read your message. You can imagine that we do not install any malware in our theme. 😂
    I think the is an issue related to your server or a third party plugin. Could you share these scans with us, please? We’ll be glad to help you find out from where exactly this issue is coming from.

Anyway, for all refund requests, please review the Envato Refund policy:
    https://help.market.envato.com/hc/en-us/articles/202821460-Can-I-Get-A-Refund-
    https://themeforest.net/page/customer_refund_policy

If your issue is matching the described conditions, please introduce your request to Envato. It will be redirected to us.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

JW
    Participant
    • 2 Topics
    • 5 Posts
    @pineapplesecretsociety

I installed only the plugins that were installed by your installation script. If there are third party security issues.
    I have submitted a claim to envato with the same information and expect you to do what is proper.

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Thank you JW for sharing this. 🙂

Can’t you get more details about this that might help us understand from where exactly this issue is coming from and, most importantly, what is considered malware by this tool? 100 malwares seems A LOT. There is no malware in our theme, neither in our plugins. All proper scan should give you more details.

I recommend you to install WordFence plugin. This wonderful security plugin will scan you site and tell you what exactly is going on if there is a real issue in your installation.

We’re waiting for your feedback.

Best,

JW
    Participant
    • 2 Topics
    • 5 Posts
    @pineapplesecretsociety

I have no doubt your software has no malware – I do think, however, that you should be in some way accountable and responsible for the plugins you require and recommend. I deleted the theme and all plugins and have purchased a different solution so another scan is impossible.
    I sense I will not be getting the refund I requested and, frankly, am entitled to so I’ll chalk it up to a bad experience and loss.
    Thank you for your replies.

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi JW,

We remind you that a theme affects the presentation and visual style of your site, while plugins add all kinds of features and functionalities.

Too many plugins will considerably slow down your page loading time. So, we advise to stick to the bare minimum!
    Our theme offers a built-in setup wizard if you wish to import one of our demos but you can skip it and start your website without installing any plugin or importing any demo content as only two plugins (Grimlock and Kirki) are actually required to make our theme perfectly work. I suggest you to install the theme with only Grimlock and kirki, I’m really think you will not have a bad scan.

We can’t be responsible if a third party plugin installed during the theme setup is malfunctioning. That’s unfair. We’re theme authors, we can’t be responsible for a plugin we did not developed. We generously made the theme setup to help our users get easily the demo of their choice. Moreover, at this point, you’re the only one facing this issue, which make us think this issue might be related to your server. We’ll be happy to help you find out from where this issue is coming from. However, as we can’t reproduce this, we really need the complete scan to better understand what was going on. As you don’t have it anymore, I’m afraid we can’t help you find out the source of these “malwares”.

Don’t hesitate to check the WordPress prerequisites here: WordPress requirements.
    For better performance and improve security, we obviously recommend PHP 7.4+. Nevertheless, if this is not possible for you (server type, incompatibilities with plugins, etc.), we recommend at least version 5.6.X.

We hope this will help you understand our position.

Kind regards,

Roboraptor 🦖
Themosaurus Topic Closer

Hi there,

This topic has been inactive for a while now so we will be closing it to keep the forum tidy. Don't hesitate to create a new topic if you still need help and we'll be glad to help you!

Best regards,
The Themosaurus team.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘malware / dangerous site warnings – I want a refund’ is closed to new replies.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site