Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

Member Register – Activation Key Required?

This topic is resolved
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 40 Topics
    • 139 Posts
    @harryshapes

Hi,

I have done a test as a member register on my site and i receive an email to activate however once i activate my test account and get redirected to my website it asks me to enter a ‘Valid Activation key’??

Please advise.

Thanks

Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi kam,

This issue can occur if you activate your account multiple time with the same key, for instance by open the link provided in the automatic BuddyPress email in your browser and then, by manually entering the key in the activation form. This can be also happen when you try to use different sessions (administrator and test subscriber) with the same browser and follow the activation link several times in a row.

Unfortunately, this issue is related with BuddyPress and the installation, setting or debugging of third party plugins isn’t part of the support we will provide for our theme (Gwangi) and our plugins (Grimlock suite).

We suggest you to ask for more help on the BuddyPress support forums:
    https://buddypress.org/support/

You might also be interested by the following BuddyPress support forum topics about this issue:
    https://buddypress.org/support/topic/new-user-registration-problem-invalid-activation-key/
    https://buddypress.org/support/topic/need-activation-key/

Regards,

kam
    Participant
    • 40 Topics
    • 139 Posts
    @harryshapes

Ok so i tried a different browser on a different session just the one time and still the same problem happens.

Could you also tell me the path where I can find the email that says ‘Activate your Account’

If i can find the path for this email then I may be able to enter my own instructions to copy and paste the activation key going forward as a work around.

Please advise

Thanks

kam
    Participant
    • 40 Topics
    • 139 Posts
    @harryshapes

I have done what you have said and I have been trying on different computers, and just clicking the activation email just the once on a different browser and still the same situation happens. Please advise

Thanks

kam
    Participant
    • 40 Topics
    • 139 Posts
    @harryshapes

Further to this I have now just done multiple tests on your own demo site (youth) on different browsers, different accounts, all the time just clicking the activation link in the activation email once and the same thing happens on your own demo site?

Please look into this as it appears it is happening on your end.

Please advise.

Thank you

Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi kam,

We took a closer look on your issue and it appears that this is indeed occurring since the BuddyPress 3.0 update. This issue will be resolved in the next release of Gwangi but meanwhile here’s what you can do to fix it:

– In your Gwangi theme, open the file located in “buddypress/members/activate.php”.
    – Locate line 65 in that file, which should look like this:
    <input type="text" name="key" id="key" value="" />
    – And replace it by the following line:
    <input type="text" name="key" id="key" value="<?php echo esc_attr( bp_get_current_activation_key() ); ?>" />

Please let us know if that resolved your issue.

Regards,

Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi kam,

This issue has been fixed in Gwangi 1.0.4. The previous code snippet is no longer be necessary if you update your theme.

Regards,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Member Register – Activation Key Required?’ is closed to new replies.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site