Members swap suggestion

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  alex 6 days, 10 hours ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

alex
    Participant
    • 187 Posts
    @abourne

use swipe arrows on the members deck or some UI of an arrow to indicate action – maybe just a temporary pop up suggesting to swipe as the user enters screen. Users aren’t all so intelligent and some gentle prompting goes a long way.

themosaurus
    Keymaster
    • 1225 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi @abourne,

Are you suggesting that we should place left/right arrows on mobile UI, like we do on desktop?

Thanks.

alex
    Participant
    • 187 Posts
    @abourne

Correct.

I feel that the inherent mobile touch swipe is more suitable than the arrows – so perhaps not using arrows for the actual navigation action. But what I am suggesting is a prompt for the user to do that ‘swipe action’ using their phone.

Or even yet, availing both options, as with Tinder, in providing the option to swipe for the option, as well as buttons to do the same thing.

Suggestion came from observing people people use my site for trial, and finding them lost upon landing on this page, only to see a card without much indication on what to do.

Some simple ‘< swipe >’ in text under the cards or just as a temp ‘pop up’ over screen for one second, to signal this action prompt.

themosaurus
    Keymaster
    • 1225 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi @abourne,

Thank you for your feedback.
    Maybe other community members will have other things to suggest… We will add these changes to our list and up its priority if others upvote your request.

We’ll keep you informed. Thank you very much for contributing to Gwangi!

Regards,

alex
    Participant
    • 187 Posts
    @abourne

🙂

alex
    Participant
    • 187 Posts
    @abourne

This may be helpful if you end up pursuing this ‘overlay popup swipe directive prompt’ feature

alex
    Participant
    • 187 Posts
    @abourne
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.