Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

Mobile Search form on Member Type Directory

This topic is resolved
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 34 Topics
    • 85 Posts
    @joss

Hi,

I made Member Type Directory via the plugin Member Type Pro, but your search icon on mobile doesn’t display on this directory.

Is it possible to display monbile search form on it ?

https://www.partagemon4pattes.com/membres/type/partageurs/

Thanks,
    Joss

Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi @joss,

Could you be more specific please? We want to make sure that we understand your request.

Please also note that the plugin you’re referring to is not supported by our theme. So, it’s possible that some features might be missing. To achieve a seamless integration with our theme, you will probably need customization work.

Best,

Joss
    Participant
    • 34 Topics
    • 85 Posts
    @joss

Hi,

I understand.

Look at the screenshot.

Your BP search form doesn’t display on Member Type Directory generated by Member Type Pro.

If you don’t want to do something to help me, can you please tell me where can I found this feature in your theme / page / template.php ?

Thanks,
    Joss

Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi @joss,

We don’t see this issue when visiting your web page…

Could you confirm that your issue is the display of the icon that you’ve circled? In that case, you can disable this icon and the related (yet hidden) form in the BP Search Profile settings. Simply go to your dashboard and navigate to “Users > Profile Search”. There, you will be able to edit the search form and set the “Add to Directory” value to “No”.

It might be also a browser caching issue. So, you might need to empty your browser cache first and reload the page. If you want to read more on what browser cache is and how to clear it, here is an article that might help you:
    https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-clear-cache-2617980

Regards,

Joss
    Participant
    • 34 Topics
    • 85 Posts
    @joss

Hi,

Thank you, I don’t put “Yes” in search form edition at “Add to Directory”

😉

Joss
    Participant
    • 34 Topics
    • 85 Posts
    @joss

Why when I put yes, it does not directly display the directory search box, it displays only on mobile via your icon. It would be cool to be able to display it without having to go through the sidebar, it’s already happening like that on mobile, why not on desktop …?

Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi @joss,

Do you wish to display the icon or not? And to which end?

This button icon is supposed to be trigger the opening of the BP Profile Search form in some kind of pop-up window when the members are displayed with the default directory page template. Usually, when the directory page template with sidebar is chosen, we tend to hide this button because the search form is displayed inside the sidebar and thus, this button does not serve its purpose anymore.

Please also remember that BuddyPress Member Types Pro is currently unsupported by our theme and other incompatibility issues might continue to occur.

Best,

Joss
    Participant
    • 34 Topics
    • 85 Posts
    @joss

Hi,

If I make my member type directory page in full width, how can I display your search icon on desktop ?

I want to display it because I have 2 members types in 2 differents BP member directory with 2 differents search forms, and when your icon is displaying, when your icon is displayed, it takes into account the display button in the directory via the configuration of the search form and only that form, you understand ?

Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi @joss,

It seems that your use case might simply not be supported by BP Profile Search… And unfortunately, our theme simply turns its default search button into a nicer looking one, with a pop-up window to display the form.

The search button is meant to open the BP Profile Search form for the members directory page when no sidebar containing such a form is displayed. In your case, you have separated 2 member type directories, with different 2 search forms, which is unfortunately a bit outside the scope of the plugin.

By choosing to add your form to your directory, BP Profile Search will display it on the default BP members directory. We’re not sure how you could display 2 different forms on 2 different directories made with your other plugin.

As this issue is related with the BP Profile Search, it’s best if you try to reach the plugin authors. They will be more informed and better suited to help you.

To go further, we invite you to post your request on their support forums:
    https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/bp-profile-search/

We remain available for all support requests related with the use of your theme.

Best,

Joss
    Participant
    • 34 Topics
    • 85 Posts
    @joss

Ok, I understand.

Can you just know if I can display search icon on desktop ?

PS : There is a bug with your @media rules with search sidebar and search icon, I think between 768px and 992px…

Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi @joss,

We don’t think there is a bug since the only 2 layouts proposed by the theme are the following:
    – With icon that launches a modal containing filters (https://classic.gwangi-theme.com/members/)
    – With the sidebar containing filters and without icons (https://classic.gwangi-theme.com/members-directory-sidebar-right/)

Originally, the two don’t coexist at all.
    Anyway to display the icon all the time, simply add the following code snippet to your website:

@media (min-width: 768px) {
    .buddypress.directory.members #buddypress div.item-list-tabs.bps_header {
        display: block !important;
        top: 90px !important; /* To see the icon */
        z-index: 9999;
    }}

We hope this will solve your issue. ?

Regards,

Joss
    Participant
    • 34 Topics
    • 85 Posts
    @joss

Yes, it works !

I made my member directory in full width with css class region--12-cols-left

And now I have the right form that appears on the right directory 🙂

Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Great news! We’re happy to read that you’ve achieved what you wished for! ?

Best,

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Mobile Search form on Member Type Directory’ is closed to new replies.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site