Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

Navigation

This topic is resolved
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 81 Topics
    • 259 Posts
    @abourne

Why is it that my nav floats left, whilst your demo floats right.

How to adjust so that it stays right?

Ref of settings attached.

Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi @abourne,

You must have a logo and a menu for the navigation layout to work.
    In practice, it is the menu that pushes the content to the right.

Why did you remove the logo and menu?
    If you want to hide those (for non logged In users per exemple ?) we can provide you a CSS snippet or some tricks.

Regards,

alex
    Participant
    • 81 Topics
    • 259 Posts
    @abourne

Reason for not having a menu on the nav bar is because different roles should see different menus.

Example: “Pros” need not see member directory/swap deck, only “Trainees” do.

Menus do not offer ability to hide/show to different roles, as it does for “logged in/logged out” users for example.

Also

I want the profile navigation icons. Which is why I chose to use the menu + logo + profile icon nav layout.

However, I do not want the background colour. I want it to be transparent. This option is only available with one of the layout options.

I tried changing the setting of the menu + logo + profile icon nav layout to be transparent (no colour) but it did not remove the background.

How can I:
    1. remove background colour on current nav layout, making it transparent on background image.
    2. hide/show menu to different roles OR just apply any random menu and hide it with CSS to float the profile icons right.

Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi @abourne,

1. You can set the background color to a transparent value by changing the opacity to 0% (please review attachment). Then, you can for the display of the navigation on scroll by check the “Stick navigation on top on scroll” box (please review attachment). To apply these changes, please open your Customizer by navigating to “Appearance > Customize > Appearance > Navigation”. You will find these theme options under the Style tab.

2. Nav Menu Roles (https://wordpress.org/plugins/nav-menu-roles/) should answer your concern as it lets you hide custom menu items based on user roles. For more please read the following post:

Showing Different Primary Menus for Logged In or Logged Out Users

We hope that these changes will solve your issue.

Regards,

alex
    Participant
    • 81 Topics
    • 259 Posts
    @abourne

Achieved result desired. I recommend you update your suggested plugin to https://wordpress.org/plugins/if-menu/

It trumps with 50k downloads and serves the intention way better.

With your plugin suggestion, it is limited by only hiding menu items to roles of lesser capabilities. It only works properly when roles are admin subscriber for example – complete diff capabilities.

But when roles are of same capability (vendor and customer, pro and trainee, plus the majority of default WP roles) ….. there is no hide. It does not take effect.

But with https://wordpress.org/plugins/if-menu/, it has much better options to hide.

for your ref attached

Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi @abourne,

Thank you for your great feedback. We’ll look into this plugin and we’ll consider updating our documentation.

Glad to read that you’ve achieved your goal also. ?

Regards,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Navigation’ is closed to new replies.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site