Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

News page settings

This topic is resolved
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 11 Topics
    • 15 Posts
    @jmen

We use your theme – Cera Intranet Dark and we have difficulty setting up the news page.
    We plan to implement several news sections for our site – for example, “news”, “articles”, “videos” and for each section make our own separate page based on the model of your “news” page.
    First problem
    You have filters / headings on the news page: “all categories”, “business”, “work” and others – we would like to make such filters / headings for each of our pages, the names of the filters on each page will be the same, but they should look only on your page.
    For example, our “news” page will have filters “market”, “science”, “technology”
    And the page of the “article” will have the same filters – “market”, “science”, “technology”.
     Now, when you click on a filter, it pulls the content of other pages. That is, if you click on the “market” filter on the “news” page, it pulls content from the “article” and “video” pages where there is the same filter. However, I repeat – we need filters to work only for our pages. How to solve such a problem?

Second problem
    The question is again about the filters / headings indicated in the first question – we can create unique filters / headings for each of our pages if this is a problem, that is, give them unique names, but we cannot “news”, “articles”, “on each of our pages video “posting them is a serious problem. Filters / categories are set for all our pages at once, there is only one area for their output on the site. We also need filters / categories on each of our pages for each of our pages.
    Second problem
    Now, on your “news” page in Cera Intranet Dark, the news layout is done in three news feeds in a row. However, in the settings you can change the layout – four news in a row, six in a list or so on.
    We would like to customize our pages in different ways.
    For example, “news” – three news in a row
    “Articles” – two news each
    “Video” – four in a row and so on
    But we were faced with the fact that if we set up one of the pages — for example, “news” and set the layout, for example, three news each — then all of our other pages — and “articles” and “videos” also automatically take on this form – by three news and we can’t change it. Can this problem be solved?

The third problem – can we change the size of the content area in the settings?
    We would like to achieve something like the one in the picture where the content areas have different sizes

We tried all the designers and editors of the pages presented in your topic, but the content was not subject to any configuration.
    How to solve such a problem?

We do not think that endless tickets should be created, all our questions concern problems with the news page.
    We do not ask you to set up something for help, but explain to us the features of your product in terms of the news page and please help / tell me how you can solve the problems that we described.
    We are surprised in principle that we have encountered such questions, since the description of the Cera product on Envato told us that such issues are solved by such a powerful template.
    We are also glad that you are in touch and respond quickly, but this is not the first time we are writing to you, I hope this time we were able to describe the problems in detail and get answers in essence ..

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Hi @jmen,

Thank you for bring these issues to our attention. We’re glad to answer any question related with the setup of our theme.

However, it very difficult for us to provide the best support possible and to keep track of issues and their resolution if you so many questions in the same topic.
    Moreover, it’s easier for us to share the resolution for a single issue with other members of our community facing the same problem.

So, could you move your other questions into different topics?
    By doing this, you will be making a great contribution to this forum, and we thank you very much for that!

Best regards,

yudgin
    Participant
    • 11 Topics
    • 15 Posts
    @jmen

Hello! Thank you for your reply. Honestly, it’s a little worrying that the third question is that you are asking to create a separate topic)) Let us select one question and you will give an answer here. Then we move on to other questions – I will create a new topic on the forum with pleasure. So, the question is: how can we set up various sidebars for different news categories (in order to then place a unique menu for filtering news there)
    Please give the answer as accurately as possible. I will create other topics later on other issues.
    Thank!

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

@jmen, thank you for clarifying this. Our experience with supporting themes over the years has shown that it is more efficient to address short questions, with highlighted screenshots (if necessary) than very long and intricate questions. It is way easier and less confusing to manage one forum thread per question/issue/request. Doing so, you’re helping us understand your issue quickly and yourself at the same time as we can try to provide you with solution to you faster. 🙂

how can we set up various sidebars for different news categories (in order to then place a unique menu for filtering news there)

We recommend that you install and activate Easy Custom Sidebars, if you have not done it already. This plugin will allow you to override existing sidebar for a specific category.

For more about this, please read the following tutorial as it explains every steps to create your own sidebars:

Creating Custom Widget Areas

yudgin
    Participant
    • 11 Topics
    • 15 Posts
    @jmen

Great, this plugin is familiar to me. However, in the settings of the sections – you do not have the option – to change or assign a sidebar. That way, I can create sidebars (I could even use yours), but I can’t bring them out where I need to. For the page, I also do not see such an option. That is, if I create a sidebar – how do I attach it to the desired category or page ??

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

@jmen You can select the category for which you and you wish to override the sidebar with Easy Custom Sidebars. (Please see attached.)

yudgin
    Participant
    • 11 Topics
    • 15 Posts
    @jmen

Thank you, however – you have a replacement in your example – Sidebar 2. I do not need to change the sidebar, I need to create a new one. And not one, but about 6 pieces. And inside each you need to insert your widgets – through the widget menu. I already created a sidebar in this way, but it does not appear in the widget menu. How to find him or bring him there?

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

@jmen Does your sidebar replace an existing one? Because this what Easy Custom Sidebars is for.

And how did you create your new sidebar?

yudgin
    Participant
    • 11 Topics
    • 15 Posts
    @jmen

Take a look. I have 6 departments in the company, for each department there is a section of news (WordPress entries). And for each section I need a UNIQUE sidebar. I do not need to replace 1 with 2. I just need to bring out completely different sidebars – without reducing the functionality of the site. How to do it? In many templates, I met that when editing a column you can choose which sidebar to display for it. How do you solve this problem?

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

@jmen My recommendation is to simply use the Sidebar 2 and override it in Easy Custom Sidebars.

My understanding is that your categories have the same name as your departments have.

What I would do is:
    For department A (or category A) -> Sidebar 2 for department A,
    for department B (or category B) -> Sidebar 2 for department B,

This is the simplest way to do so and Easy Custom Sidebars is exactly what you’re looking for. 🙂

Roboraptor 🦖
Themosaurus Topic Closer

Hi there,

This topic has been inactive for a while now so we will be closing it to keep the forum tidy. Don't hesitate to create a new topic if you still need help and we'll be glad to help you!

Best regards,
The Themosaurus team.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘News page settings’ is closed to new replies.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site