Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

Overall speed website

This topic is resolved
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 106 Topics
    • 352 Posts
    @wappiez

Hi

The overall speed of the website is still a concern. In the beginning it took like 10 sec for each page to load. Since then, we added the Nitropack plugin, which helped, but the speed of this plugin is unreliable. Sometimes the speed is decent, sometimes it’s extremely slow.

I am transferring to a different developer, who will have a look at the speed again. Hopefully they can change it. I’ve just had a quick look at your template however and I was just wondering, did you do something to your template to enhance the speed? Also the font on the homepage looks different. I was wondering if you have made speed optimisations that you can share with me.

Your demo template shows that the site can be really quick. It is a mystery however on how to get there.

Thx

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6288 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi René,

Thank you for reaching out!

First and foremost, please check the WordPress prerequisites here:
    WordPress requirements

For better performance and improve security, we obviously recommend PHP 7.4+. Nevertheless, if this is not possible for you (server type, incompatibilities with plugins, etc.), we recommend at least version 5.6.X.

We use WP Engine to host all our demos. The performance of your website can also be improved, like our demos, by some additional plugins:

• WP Rocket: Improving the speed of your WordPress site
    • Imagify: Shrinking your images with lowest quality loss
    • Imsanity: Automatically resizing huge image uploads

You can always add more stuff to improve your page loading time but this is a pretty good start.

Please be aware that too many plugins will considerably slow down your page loading time. So, we advise to stick to the bare minimum!
    Our theme offers a built-in setup wizard if you wish to import one of our demos but you can skip it and start your website without installing any plugin or importing any demo content as only two plugins (Grimlock and Kirki) are actually required to make our theme perfectly work. Not every use-case is the same and we believe that our customers should be left with the decision of what to and not to install. You can rest assured that our theme will work fine and perform better without few plugins installed.

We hope this will help! 🙂

Kind regards,

René Wappiez
    Participant
    • 106 Topics
    • 352 Posts
    @wappiez

The thing is, from the start, the template was extremely slow, with just the basic needed templates. Switching to PHP 7.4 helped a little and I also switched to a world class hosting company called Kinsta, but you’re saying to me that WP Engine and your template, including all the basic plugins will give me the same speed as you have?

Do you guys have a WordPress installation on your demo site with all the required plugins? Or did you create a custom demo site focused on perfect performance?

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6288 Posts
    @themodactyl

It’s important you know that only Grimlock and Kirki are actually required to make our theme perfectly work. Any other plugins installed during the theme setup is optional, you just have to install the ones you need. If your website was too slow from the beginning, it’s not necessarily due to the theme in case you installed the full demo.

Our demo is exactly the same, we just added some content (groups, users, articles, etc…) to make it more complete. By installing your website on WPEngine (with same server settings) and adding WP Rocket, you should have the same results. However, the results might not be the same in case you installed other third party plugins or deactivate some of them.

Note that you can also choose any other free plugin that can:
    – Reduce the CSS/JS file sizes in order to reduce the page size
    – Combine the CSS/JS files into one to reduce the number of HTTP requests
    – Optimize PHP object caching to reduce the server response time
    – Limit the picture quality and size to reduce the page size
    – Reduce the size of displayed pictures to reduce the page size
    – Do the tasks listed above as well as many other tweaks.

If you wish to get hint on what to optimize, I really encourage you to use GTMetrix or P3 Profiler scan to discover which plugins might slow down your performances.

Hope this will help you.

Best,

René Wappiez
    Participant
    • 106 Topics
    • 352 Posts
    @wappiez

Thx, but no joke though. I’ve tried using GTMetrix but it keeps crashing when doing a check of the website. Also, the P3 Profiler plugin is banned by my Kinsta hosting for some reason. Not sure why.

But ok, for me it’s crucial that the speed of the website will become fast. I wanted to create a multisite on Kinsta, but I could just create this on WPEngine and then add WP Rocket. Let’s try a fresh and new, basic installation of Gwangi on this new multisite and just focus on getting the basic theme to work with proper speeds.

If I get this environment ready with the new template installed and the speed is not as we expected, would you be willing to take a look and compare to what you have, so to see where the problem may lay?

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6288 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi René,

If you’re creating a new website on WpEngine, please keep these two steps in mind:

• Add P3 profiler to find out which plugins might slow down your performances,
    • Optimise your pictures to make them lighter and don’t use the full size everywhere.

I’m afraid I already told you all steps you can do to increase your performances. I’m sure that if you follow all the steps mentioned above, you’ll be able to have better performances. However, note that if a plugin uses a lot of ressources, there is not not a lot of solution to do but deactivate it, in case you don’t really need this plugin.

Best,

René Wappiez
    Participant
    • 106 Topics
    • 352 Posts
    @wappiez

But would you be willing to take a look? The reason for you to take a look is so things can be set exactly the same as you guys have.

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6288 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi René,

I’m afraid there is nothing more we could tell you as we already gave you every step to follow. We could take a look at you website, but the recommandations will be the same: add P3 profiler, optimise your pictures, etc.

However, once you run P3 profiler, don’t hesitate to share the result with us. We might be able to tell you which plugin you can deactivate and why. 🙂

Be sure we want to do the best to help our users. Unfortunately, as I told you, there is nothing more we could tell you, even by taking a look at your website.

Sincerely,

René Wappiez
    Participant
    • 106 Topics
    • 352 Posts
    @wappiez

Attached you will find results of a scan we did with New Relic. You can clearly see that the Grimlock plugin is by far the slowest and needs a lot of resources.

Also rtMedia and Kirki need quite a bit of time.

Is there any way to optimize this?

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6288 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi René,

Thank you for this test. Keep in mind that the result should be taken with caution.

Please be aware that Grimlock works with the theme and it is the base for every other Grimlock plugin. I understand that New Relic put Grimlock in the first place because this plugin is working “constantly”. However, you could create a fresh instal with Grimlock and see that all is working fine.

However, there is one plugin that is now completely useless since it can be replaced following the latest updates. I suggest you to delete Grimlock Hero. You’ll be able to recreate a hero with a Grimlock Section with your builder Elementor:

1. Change the homepage template and use the blank canvas to remove the header
    2. Use a Grimlock Section to build your hero. Please find the attached screenshot with two settings to follow.
    3. Use a Grimlock Divider to reproduce the border bottom. Please find the second attached screenshot.

Please note that, even if Elementor is not in the list, I really think this builder has a part to play as it is a third party builder you’re adding to your website.

Hope this will help you. Let me know if you have any other question.

Best,

Roboraptor 🦖
Themosaurus Topic Closer

Hi there,

This topic has been inactive for a while now so we will be closing it to keep the forum tidy. Don't hesitate to create a new topic if you still need help and we'll be glad to help you!

Best regards,
The Themosaurus team.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Overall speed website’ is closed to new replies.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site