Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

Page content – Visual Composer

This topic is resolved
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 16 Topics
    • 68 Posts
    @johan
    Up
    ::

Hi

I have purchased your theme today and were very happy with the design of Buddypress until I try to create pages.
    I am completely lost with Grimlock, I do most of WP website with Visual Composer, I have dowloaded it but it does not work.
    I would like to add icon like this https://prnt.sc/p8s13w

Can you please give link to documentation how to create a page content with Grimlock

Thanks

Regards

Johan

Johan
    Participant
    • 16 Topics
    • 68 Posts
    @johan

Hi

This message is in the wrong forum, should be in THEME CUSTOMIZER › PAGES ;sorry, I was very annoyed yesteday not to be able to make pages like I want.

I still cannot make a home page like I want but I managed to create page with Gutenberg + Addons.
    As I understand, home page is stuck on Widget with Grimlock.

1 – I made the following example with Gutenberg
    Screenshot https://prnt.sc/p8zrw8
    How can I do it with Grimlock on home page ? (forget “wave design”, only icon and text on x collumns)

2 – I would like to have a simple header on pages, we can customize image, background color or cancel header image but how can I have a simple background color (flat, no tilt etc…) ?
    For example
    Screenshot https://prnt.sc/p8ztlf

Thanks for your answer

Johan

Johan
    Participant
    • 16 Topics
    • 68 Posts
    @johan

Hi

I have been looking for solution and found one.
    Forget my previous posts and request to add compatibility with Visual Composer (WP Bakery), I have tested solution with Gutenberg + addons.

Title of this post should not be any more “Page Content – Visual Composer” but “Page content flexibility”

Here’s some questions

1 – I changed template-homepage.php to get content of page ; I added the loop after do_action( 'gwangi_homepage'
    I can design homepage exactly like I want using” Banniere” before page content.
    Have you planned to make home page content more flexible using Gutenberg rathen than going through Grimmlock ?

2 – Header (background of h1) can be changed in Appearance, either image, color with the design of Gwangi header or no image (at page settings)
    If I uncheck box Display header image, header cannot be customized any more (color background, text align etc…), h1 displays with underline.
    I would like to have flat header background color (simple things)
    Have you planned to have more options to customize header of pages ?

3 – I didn’t find a way to add breadcrumb (fil d’aiane) in page header (breadcrumb only in page header and / or blog not Buddypress pages)
    Exemple Home > Page > Page 2
    Did I miss something or is breadcrumb not available ?
    If not available , can you add it ?

4 – I definetely like the design you are doing like Grimlock Query Section for posts (avatar of author in right handide of featured image , comments in bottom) but I cannot use it if I use Gutenberg to make my pages.
    Is there any chance to consider to have those as shortcode or implemented in Gutenberg ?

5 – Grimlock Query Section for posts, on hover, the featured image becomes straight (without tilt at bottom) but there is grey background instead of the part of picture
    Screenshot https://prnt.sc/p9fz6p
    I think it would be nicer if pictures were full instead of “grey part”
    Is it a voluntary choice, on hover to have picture cut with grey part behind avatar picture ?

6 – Bottom of Banniere has a shape “Tilt” at the bottom, if I add a section with color background just underneath, a white space remains, I don’t manage to have blue background of banniere
    Screenshot https://prnt.sc/p9fxun
    Any idea how to do it ?
    Or to cancel tilt and have bottom straight ?

Thanks

Johan

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Hi @johan,

Unfortunately, our theme does not support Visual Composer.
    Most of the features you’re looking for are not available with Grimlock, as it’s mostly providing widgets and theme options editable through the Customizer.

I suggest that you install one of our demo and start customizing from there.

Cheers,

Johan
    Participant
    • 16 Topics
    • 68 Posts
    @johan

That’s a shame !
    Having a breadcrumb on page should be standard feature.

I don’t want to have content of pages in widget, content pages must be in page.
    If we decide to change template, we lose all our content and need to do again all pages.

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Hi @johan,

If you wish to display a breadcrumb, our theme supports Yoast SEO. Activating this plugin will allow you to display one your pages.

Regarding widgets, these are standard WP components and can be used outside the scope the page content, like before/after your content. Used that way, they can be edited only a single time and will be displayed across on all pages.

We’ve chosen to create our homepage with widgets and widget areas to allow you to preview your changes in the WP Customizer, using standard tools instead of features brought by a third party page builder plugin.

Of course, this comes with limitations. To solve this, we’re currently working on a new version to turn Grimlock Section widgets into Gutenberg blocks, to persist more content in pages. Unfortunately, this version is not ready for production yet.

If you’re interested, we’ll keep you updated of our progress.

Cheers,

Johan
    Participant
    • 16 Topics
    • 68 Posts
    @johan

I understand why you choosed to do so ; someone who is not used to make pages can easily do it but for someone who wants to build pages like he imagines, it is limited.
    The risk also is that all websites made with Gwangi template look the same, it is very hard to bring own personality.

I made modification of home-template to include content of page so I can design home page like I want with Gutenberg.
    I used to work with WP Bakery (Visual Composer), I am ok to switch to Gutenberg, we avoid a third party plugin.

Page flexibility is the only weakness I met on your template, that’s great if you solve it.
    If you can also make more flexible header design (flat design just title and background color), that’s pefect.

I am defintely interested to have update.

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Thank you for your feedback @johan.

I took the liberty to move your topic to the Feature Requests forum, in which we store and discuss integration or feature addition with our community.

We’ll keep you informed. Thank you very much for contributing to Gwangi!

Cheers,

Johan
    Participant
    • 16 Topics
    • 68 Posts
    @johan

Hi @themosaurusrex

Number are points from my post 7767

3 – Following your answer, I installed Yoast SEO, enabled breadcrumb (Fil d’ariane) and installed Grimlock for Yoast SEO, breadcrumb (fil d’ariane) displays in header
    Screenshot https://prnt.sc/p9tpok
    Only in header with background image , if I uncheck “Display header image” in page settings, breadcrumb and subtitle does not display any more.
    Screenshot https://prnt.sc/p9ttnd

6 – After installing Grimlock for Yoast SEO, it solved this point
    With this plugin, background of Banniere takes color of background of next section (home page built with Gutenberg + Ultimate Addons for Gutenberg )
    It is coming from plugin Grimlock for Yoast SEO ; I have tried to disable breadcrumb (fil d’ariane), it still works, I tried disabling Yoast SEO, still works, if I disable Grimlock for Yoast SEO, backgroun dof Banniere becomes white again.
    Screenshots
    Without Grimlock for Yoast SEO : https://prnt.sc/p9fxun
    With Grimlock for Yoast SEO : https://prnt.sc/p9tpgs

Johan
    Participant
    • 16 Topics
    • 68 Posts
    @johan

@themosaurusrex
    Hi Olivier

2 – Header are more flexible with Gwangi Version 2.0.0
    I can make header like I want in HEADER > uncheck “Display Bottom Bevel”

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Hi @johan,

Thank you for bring these issues to our attention. We’re glad to answer any question related with the setup/use of our theme.

However, this topic is starting to get very messy and very difficult for us to follow. We’re not able to keep track of so many issues and their resolution when you so many questions have been posted in the same topic.

Moreover, it’s easier for us to share the resolution for a single issue with other members of our community facing the same problem.

Can you please split the others into different topic? By doing this, you will be making a great contribution to this forum, and we thank you very much for that!

Cheers,

Johan
    Participant
    • 16 Topics
    • 68 Posts
    @johan

Done !
    You can close this ticket

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Thank you very much. That’s great! ?

Cheers,

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Page content – Visual Composer’ is closed to new replies.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site