Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

Page load speed

This topic is resolved
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 1 Topics
    • 2 Posts
    @influencedk

Hej Guys,

I absolutely love the work you have put into this theme! Great Job! I’m having an issue with the overall loadtime, and I hope you can help me out. No matter what page I click on in your demosite (https://youth.gwangi-theme.com/) it takes about 5 seconds until the new page shows up. On my existing site, that has a ton more plugins it down to about 2 seconds. Now that means something for a community site 🙂

I made a video to demonstrate what I’m experiencing and hoping that will bring some clarity.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/r8wn2y3k00ktfhf/Gwangi.mp4?dl=0

All the best,
    Jesper

Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi @influencedk,

First of all, thank you for the awesome feedback and the kind words! We really appreciate what you wrote or said about our work!!! ?

As you have mentioned, page loading speed can be related to a lot factors. Our 12 demo sites all share the same server, some like Youth running with a lot of activated plugins (58), among which more than one aren’t “state of the art” coded. What we mean is these plugin load CSS stylesheets and JS scripts on every pages, even if their content is not displayed (i.e. Revolution Slider, Login With AJAX, BuddyPress, WC Quantity Increment, rtMedia for BuddyPress, etc.), which increase page sizes.
    Clearly, these plugins impact negatively but it’s sure it will be the same with your current project. For example, most the activated plugins aren’t required and we think that by omitting them, the page load speed will be be significantly better.

Moreover, every page of our demos is pictures-heavy to be more appealing which doesn’t seems to be the case with your site. This will also help in building a faster website.

To get you second opinion, can you please give a look to the Basic demo (https://basic.gwangi-theme.com/) ? This a ligther version of our demo. Once more, your feeback will be very appreciated.

In any case, we’ve taken your remark into account as we are now looking for ways of improvements. We’ll come back to you as soon as we have found new ways to solve this issue.

Thank you a lot.

Regards,

influencedk
    Participant
    • 1 Topics
    • 2 Posts
    @influencedk

Thank you so much for your quick reply! I gave the other demo a spin and you are absolutely right – it feels lighter 🙂 So I’ll have to be aware of how the different plugins are affecting it. I’m already using BuddyPress, BBPress and rtMedia and they are doing a pretty good job in terms of speed. So it must be some of the other plugins you have installed. I’ll keep an eye on it and let you guys know if I stumble upon something. So together we can keep making this theme incredibly awesome 🙂

Cheers,
    Jesper

Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi @influencedk,

We’ll be waiting for your updates.

In the meantime, we’ll be working on a plugin-free demo to help us all better assess the page load speed for the Gwangi only. As soon as it’s ready, we’ll send the link so you can test it too.

Don’t hesitate to provide us with more feedback.

Thank you for taking an active part in the Gwangi community! ?

Cheers,

Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi @influencedk,

As discussed, we built a plugin-free demo for those who wish to assess the speed of our theme:

Front Page

All the best,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Page load speed’ is closed to new replies.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site