Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

Problem Adding Image to Website

This topic is resolved
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 24 Topics
    • 79 Posts
    @luaspo

Hello

I have had a background made for my website which i wish to feature on the bottom of each page.

I have found that adding the image into a gallery widget with 1 column and full size gives the best results however,I am still experiencing formatting issues where there is a white space below the image?

You can view this for yourself here wwww.swalky.com

Regards

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi @luaspo,

Could you provide us with screenshots of your website please? It seems that your website is inaccessible. Please don’t hesitate to comment or highlight your screenshots to help us better understand your issue.

Thank you.

Luke
    Participant
    • 24 Topics
    • 79 Posts
    @luaspo

hi @themodactyl

Apologies, i was performing site maintenance the other day.

Please find attached some screenshots which illustrate the problem, a gap below the image and footer. The other screenshot shows the current gallery settings to achieve the full width size. I have tried experimenting with the other image widget, which appears to have the same white space below and also doesn’t stretch the image to full width.

Regards

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi @luaspo,

I suggest you to use the “grimlock section”. You can add the image on the background and play with the height through the “Vertical padding”.

I think it will help you to solve this.

Cheers,

Luke
    Participant
    • 24 Topics
    • 79 Posts
    @luaspo
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Luke
    Participant
    • 24 Topics
    • 79 Posts
    @luaspo

I have tried using the Grimlock section widget but will try again. It’s not the height that’s the issue, it’s the width.

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi @luaspo,

As I understand it, your problem is that there’s a white space underneath your image. The “Grimlock section gallery” adds automatically a margin bottom to the photos.

You have two ways to solve this :
    – remove the margin with custom CSS,
    – or use the classic “Grimock section” (not Grimlock gallery section) with the image in the background. As there will be no content in the section, the image will not be high. This is where “Vertical padding” comes in to give it height.

Let me know if this solved your issue. 🙂

Best,

Luke
    Participant
    • 24 Topics
    • 79 Posts
    @luaspo

The Grimlock section does solve the bottom white space, but there is still white space around the border of the image? (see attached).

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi @luaspo,

I can see that it’s always the “Grimlock gallery section” on your website. Can you publish these modifications with the “Grimlock section” and come back to me, please ? I will investigate to see where these paddings come from.

Thank you.

Luke
    Participant
    • 24 Topics
    • 79 Posts
    @luaspo

Hi @themodactyl,

I have published it with the Grimlock section now so you can look further.

Let me know your thoughts.

You will notice there is still a tiny white gap below the image despite setting vertical padding to 0.

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi @luaspo.

Thank you. You have a padding on the sides because your image is not used as a background. Please go to the style settings in the section to add your image as a background. Then use the vertical padding to set the height of the image.

Hope it will help you.

Best,

Luke
    Participant
    • 24 Topics
    • 79 Posts
    @luaspo

@themodactyl

Whenever i add the image as a background it does not appear (see attached)?

Luke
    Participant
    • 24 Topics
    • 79 Posts
    @luaspo

Update: i have made the background transparent which has partly fixed the issue. I have turned up vertical padding to 100 although it doesn’t quite fit. Must i resize ?

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi @luaspo,

This is standard design with our theme, I’m afraid. The background image are all centered.

As this is not breaking the page/website, changing this is considered customization work. Unfortunately, this is a service that we do not provide.

We only share snippet only to solve issues with our theme. Any further request for CSS snippets will have to be part of a defect that needs to be fixed urgently. No snippets will be shared otherwise.

If you want to go further with the customization of your website, we advise that you hire a freelancer to do it for you.

If you’re on a tight budget, we recommend you to require the services from Envato Studio freelancers (https://studio.envato.com/explore/websites-programming). This web platform gives you access to developers who have already experience with theme customizations, and for very competitive prices.

Best,

Roboraptor 🦖
Themosaurus Topic Closer

Hi there,

This topic has been inactive for a while now so we will be closing it to keep the forum tidy. Don't hesitate to create a new topic if you still need help and we'll be glad to help you!

Best regards,
The Themosaurus team.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Problem Adding Image to Website’ is closed to new replies.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site