Hello Thermosaurus team!
So, we’ve been going in circles trying to solve with extra plugins of BuddyPress and we’re copmletly stuck at this point, so we’ve came to you to ask if you have any idea if it is even possible what we want to do and if you have any recomendation on how we could make it work: We are trying to use this theme for some kind of a multi-author blog, but with a nice member directory, topic groups, etc. Which when logged in, and entering a members page (profile page), they could click in some of the fields and be taken to the articles filtered by “that category“. We have some specific questions about this part, so to go step by step:
1. Can we use the profile custom fields for article search/filtering? i.e if we have an author that comes from “University of Florida”, marked as auto-link; can we filter the articles that have been written by authors that come from the same university?
2. Can we link post categories (or custom taxonomies) with profile fields? For instance, could we create a custom field where the user chooses the categories in which they will be able to ublish?
3. Can we link custom fields with user groups? For instance create a checkbox list when completing their profile or during registration that will automatically add them in user groups?
4. Could we list members by filtering them by groups, or country, or any other custom field?
5. We see alerts on the profile displayed twice, once above the content and once below. For instance when marking notifications as “read”, we have a double alert.
Thank you very much on your support on these questions, and really if you have any advise it would help a lot, we’ve been going arround on this for days now, and it would help a lot to see this through.
Wait for you answer and thanks in advanced!
P.S. We’re writting from Belgium as well haha :tumbsup:May 28, 2020 at 21:09 #13271
@pilgrimteam Well, hello from Belgium! ??
We hope that you’re doing well in these strange times…
Thank you for bring these issues to our attention. We’re glad to answer any question related with the setup of our theme.
However, it very difficult for us to provide the best support possible and to keep track of issues and their resolution if you so many questions in the same topic.
Moreover, it’s easier for us to share the resolution for a single issue with other members of our community facing the same problem.
So, could you split your questions into different topics? And the shorter and more precise is your question, the quicker we can address it!
By doing this, you will be making a great contribution to this forum, and we thank you very much for that! 🙂
Thank you.May 30, 2020 at 15:13 #13325
The topic ‘Problem: Links withing the Profile Pages’ is closed to new replies.