Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

Problema caricamento file .xml

This topic is resolved
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 10 Topics
    • 19 Posts
    @giuseppelala87

Buongiorno ho acquistato il tema Gwangi e ho installato il tema in un hosting condiviso di 10GB. Per importare la demo, carico il mio file .xml e assegno un nuovo autore (perchè l’autore Themosaurus non mi compare), clicco su “importa gli allegati” e dopo un poco di caricamento la mia pagina WP è totalmente bianca, non mi viene segnalato nessun errore. Se poi provo a caricare i wuidjet, mi segnala la mancanza di parti del tema. Ho contattato il supporto del mio hosting e hanno aumentato la dimensione di caricamento dei file e il tempo di caricamento dei file ma non ho risolto nulla. Loro mi dicono che è un problema legato al tema. Non riesco ad andare avanti con l’installazione perchè mi trovo il tema in versione blog, senza tutti i contenuti demo. Cosa posso fare? è un problema legato all’hosting o possiamo risolverlo? Ho provato letto il vostro forum e ho provato già a caricare anche questo https://raw.githubusercontent.com/WPTRT/theme-unit-test/master/themeunittestdata.wordpress.xml ma è la stessa cosa, ho solo una pagina bianca. Non carica nessun .xml

Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi Giuseppe,

Unfortunately, we don’t speak italian. ?
    Can you please post your request in english so we can better help you find a solution to your issue?

Cheers

Giuseppe
    Participant
    • 10 Topics
    • 19 Posts
    @giuseppelala87

Buongiorno ho acquistato il tema Gwangi e ho installato il tema in un hosting condiviso di 10GB. Per importare la demo, caricare il mio file .xml e assegno un nuovo autore (perchè l’autore non è il mi piace), clicco su “importa gli allegati” e dopo un po ‘di caricamento la mia pagina WP è totalmente bianca, non mi viene segnalato nessun errore. Se poi provo a caricare i giochi, mi segnala la mancanza di parti del tema. Ho contattato il supporto del mio hosting e ho aumentato la dimensione di caricamento dei file e il tempo di caricamento dei file. Loro mi dicono che è un problema legato al tema. Non riesco ad andare avanti con l’installazione perchè trovo il tema in versione blog, senza tutti i contenuti demo. Cosa posso fare? è un problema legato all’hosting o possiamo risolverlo? Ho provato il mio forum e ho provato già un caricamento anche questo https://raw.githubusercontent.com/WPTRT/theme-unit-test/master/themeunittestdata.wordpress.xml ma è la stessa cosa, ho solo una pagina bianca . Non carica nessun .xml

Goodmorning, I bought the Gwangi theme and installed the theme in a 10GB shared hosting. To import the demo, I upload my .xml file and assign a new author (because the Themosaurus author is not present), I click on “import the attachments” and after loading my WP page is totally white, no error is reported to me. If I then try to load the wuindjet, WP signals to me the lack of parts of the theme. I contacted my hosting support and increased the file upload size and file upload time. They tell me it’s a theme’s problem. I can not go the installation because I find the theme in the blog version, without all the demo content. What can I do? is a problem related to hosting or can we solve it? I tried the forum and I tried already uploading this https://raw.githubusercontent.com/WPTRT/theme-unit-test/master/themeunittestdata.wordpress.xml but it’s the same thing, I only have a white page. It does not load any .xml

Giuseppe
    Participant
    • 10 Topics
    • 19 Posts
    @giuseppelala87

Goodmorning, I bought the Gwangi theme and installed the theme in a 10GB shared hosting. To import the demo, I upload my .xml file and assign a new author (because the Themosaurus author is not present), I click on “import the attachments” and after loading my WP page is totally white, no error is reported to me. If I then try to load the wuindjet, WP signals to me the lack of parts of the theme. I contacted my hosting support and increased the file upload size and file upload time. They tell me it’s a theme’s problem. I can not go the installation because I find the theme in the blog version, without all the demo content. What can I do? is a problem related to hosting or can we solve it? I tried the forum and I tried already uploading this https://raw.githubusercontent.com/WPTRT/theme-unit-test/master/themeunittestdata.wordpress.xml but it’s the same thing, I only have a white page. It does not load any .xml

Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi Giuseppe,

Unfortunately, if the theme Unit Test Data file doesn’t upload, it’s clearly a hosting problem… This is a standard content import file that should work with every well configured WP server. ?

The best way to solve your issue is to find which error is triggered by WordPress during the upload process and tell your host exactly what to fix. Sometimes, this white screen can also be caused by insufficient memory allocation or file permission misconfiguration for your server.

For better debugging purposes, we will force WP to log your errors. To activate logging on your website, just turn WP_DEBUG to true, like following:
    define ('WP_DEBUG', TRUE);
    You will find this constant in your wp-config.php file.
    More on this in the following topic: https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress

Then, please you can deactivate all plugins, activate a default WP theme (i.e. Twenty Seventeen) and then try to run the WP Importer with the following file:
    https://raw.githubusercontent.com/WPTRT/theme-unit-test/master/themeunittestdata.wordpress.xml

This may confirm that the problem is related with your configuration and it will give you the necessary error logs to transfer to your server hosting support. Otherwise, it will log another error for which we will gladly help if it is theme related.

Finally, for your best information, you can check the WordPress prerequisites here: https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/.
    For better performance (and better security) we recommend the version 7.2 for PHP.

Nevertheless, if this is not possible for you (server type, incompatibilities with plugins, etc.) we recommend at least version 5.6.X.

We hope this will help.

Regards

Giuseppe
    Participant
    • 10 Topics
    • 19 Posts
    @giuseppelala87

Good morning, thank you for your help! I turned WP_DEBUG into (‘WP_DEBUG’, TRUE), I turned off my plugins, I activated the default theme and I uploaded the file https://raw.githubusercontent.com/WPTRT/theme- unit-test / master / themeunittestdata.wordpress.xml at the end I got the following message: “Operation completed, have fun! Remember to update passwords and users of imported users” what should I do now? I need to import the youth theme like yours, the same. Can you help me again?

Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi Giuseppe,

It seems that your server is working properly. However, let’s keep WP Debug turned to true until the end of the import process, so we can debug faster if a new error occurs.

First, the best way will be to start again with a fresh install. So, you will have to empty your database.

Then, please activate Gwangi and follow the steps described in the setup guide: https://doc.themosaurus.com/gwangi-setup-guide/
    This guide is also available in your admin panel. Please navigate to “Appearance > About Gwangi > Setup Guide” to open it.

If you want to correctly import contents and widgets related the different plugins, you have to make sure they are activated and configured (like BuddyPress).

Once you followed the steps described in the guide, you will have the same setup as the basic demo: https://basic.gwangi-theme.com/

To reproduce the Youth demo, just activate also the Gwangi Youth child theme after having activated Gwangi. The only step that differs from the default setup guide is the widget file to import. Just import the Youth widget file instead of the default one.
    For more about creating the basic demo with the Youth style kit, please view the following video:

You can start from there to create your website and add the features you want (shop, agenda, contact forms). Just follow the documentation posts or support topics from our website. You will also find video tutorials in our YouTube channel.

If you have any further request for help, please don’t hesitate to create more topics on our forums. The more precise is your question, the easier it is for us to help you.

You can rest assured that we will handle your request as soon as possible.

Regards,

Giuseppe
    Participant
    • 10 Topics
    • 19 Posts
    @giuseppelala87

Good morning, thanks for the reply. I have done these installation steps in order but when I loaded my .xml file I had the white page again, then I uploaded it again and I had a warning for more files “file already exists”. So I also loaded .xml manually in “file management”, “public_htm”. When I uploaded the file for the youth theme widgets I got the page you find on the screen where I translate to English: the red writing means “the sidebar does not exist in the theme (use the non-active widjet section)” and the orange writing means in English: “imported into non-active widjet”. I work with a php version 5.6. I have this in my site http://muovitieventi.it/ What can I do to get the demo like yours? Thanks

Giuseppe
    Participant
    • 10 Topics
    • 19 Posts
    @giuseppelala87

I do not even have any pages because I have this pages: activation, activities, groups, registration, members

Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi Giuseppe,

Thank you for providing us with an URL to your website.

I have done these installation steps in order but when I loaded my .xml file I had the white page again, then I uploaded it again and I had a warning for more files “file already exists”. So I also loaded .xml manually in “file management”, “public_htm”.

Your import process has clearly an issue and no content have been created, as you can see on your dashboard or when you browse your site.

When I uploaded the file for the youth theme widgets I got the page you find on the screen where I translate to English: the red writing means “the sidebar does not exist in the theme (use the non-active widjet section)” and the orange writing means in English: “imported into non-active widjet”.

Your widgets haven’t been created because no content has been correctly imported.

I do not even have any pages because I have this pages: activation, activities, groups, registration, members

As mentioned before, your content has not been correctly imported. However the BuddyPress pages are automatically created when you activate the plugin.

Best,

Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hello again Giuseppe,

As your demo content import has failed again, can you provide us with your wp debug log file? If your WP_DEBUG has been set up correctly, this should have created a log file on your server. You will find it in your wp-content directory.

Can you please post a private reply in this topic containing the error shown in your log file?

Thank you very much.

Best

Giuseppe
    Participant
    • 10 Topics
    • 19 Posts
    @giuseppelala87
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi Giuseppe,

Thank you very much for coming back to us with these logs.

As you understood it yourself, your issue is caused by the server misconfiguration. The timeout might be too short to let the file completely download to your database.

Unfortunately, configuration or misconfiguration debugging of third party servers isn’t part of the support we will provide for our theme (Gwangi) and our plugins (Grimlock suite).

We invite you to transfer your log file to your server hosting support and ask them to fix your server configuration.

We remain open to new questions related with Gwangi. If those arise, please don’t hesitate to create new topics.

Best regards,

Giuseppe
    Participant
    • 10 Topics
    • 19 Posts
    @giuseppelala87
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi Giuseppe,

The demo import described in our setup guide matches our basic demo (https://basic.gwangi-theme.com) which is why you don’t see everything like in the youth demo.

So, in order to add an “Events” and “Shop” menu, I would suggest that you take a look at this article of our documentation to find out how to add these kind of menus:

Creating Mega Menus

In that article you will find videos that show you the exact steps to create these types of menus.

And if you want to find out how to add the “Meet our active members” section, I suggest that you take a look at this other article of our documentation:

Adding the Meet Our Active Members Widget

If there are other things in the youth demo that you would like to add, please tell us and we will try our best to give you the steps to create it.

Best regards,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Problema caricamento file .xml’ is closed to new replies.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site