Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

problems with translations

This topic is resolved
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 51 Topics
    • 178 Posts
    @chilepower

– I have translated the entire theme into Spanish but the following words continue to appear in English

Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi @chilepower,

These strings seem to be added to your page by plugins, not by the theme. So, you might need to translate your website a bit further to make it perfect. ?

1) The “Submit” string should be included by the translations for BP Profile Search.

2) “Continue Reading” is added by Grimlock and has not been translated to spanish yet. However, we’ve provided the POT file to translate. You can put your translations files like you might have done for other plugins, under:
    – wp-content/languages/plugins/grimlock-es_ES.po
    – wp-content/languages/plugins/grimlock-es_ES.mo

Best,

DEMENTE
    Participant
    • 51 Topics
    • 178 Posts
    @chilepower

I did what you told me but it does not work yet the sentences are in English

Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi @chilepower,

We will investigate further to find from where this issue is coming from. We will be back to you ASAP.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

DEMENTE
    Participant
    • 51 Topics
    • 178 Posts
    @chilepower

thanks

Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus
    This reply has been marked as private.
    DEMENTE
    Participant
    • 51 Topics
    • 178 Posts
    @chilepower
    DEMENTE
    Participant
    • 51 Topics
    • 178 Posts
    @chilepower
    Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi @chilepower,

Thank you for sending us your translation file. We will investigate it further to find from where this issue is coming from.

We will be back to you ASAP.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

PS: Please note that we’ve marked your previous reply as private as you were sharing personal information. ?

Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi @chilepower,

Could you try to rename your file gwangi-es_CL.po?
    You seem to have set your language to Spanish from Chile instead of Spanish from Spain and that might solve your issue. Currently, WP might not be able to load the correct translation files.

Best,

DEMENTE
    Participant
    • 51 Topics
    • 178 Posts
    @chilepower

I have followed his instructions, but the phrase “SUBMIT” is still in English http://prntscr.com/mvpwtc

Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi @chilepower,

Could you make sure to rename your file gwangi-es_CL.po please? On the shared screenshot, your file is still named gwangi-es_ES.po.
    You seem to have set your language to Spanish from Chile instead of Spanish from Spain and that might solve your issue. Currently, WP might not be able to load the correct translation files.

Best,

DEMENTE
    Participant
    • 51 Topics
    • 178 Posts
    @chilepower

I already did that but still the problem is still

Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi @chilepower,

Could send us the translation file via email please?

Thank you.

DEMENTE
    Participant
    • 51 Topics
    • 178 Posts
    @chilepower

sent

Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus
    Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi @chilepower,

You have to rename your file gwangi-es_CL.po. On the shared screenshot and for the file sent via email, it is still named gwangi-es_ES.po!

If you have set your language to Spanish from Chile instead of Spanish from Spain, you must have the correct file names. Currently, WP is not be able to load the correct translation files as you have provided the files for Spanish from Spain.

Please try with the following files:
    https://files.themosaurus.com/languages/gwangi-es_CL.po
    https://files.themosaurus.com/languages/gwangi-es_CL.mo

This will solve your issue (please review screenshot).

Best,

DEMENTE
    Participant
    • 51 Topics
    • 178 Posts
    @chilepower

my translation files are in Spanish from Spain and in my wordpress language too, I do not understand what is going on

DEMENTE
    Participant
    • 51 Topics
    • 178 Posts
    @chilepower

It seems that I have explained myself wrongly, my wordpress is configured in the Spanish language of Spain, not in the Spanish of Chile and my translation files are in Spanish of Spain too

DEMENTE
    Participant
    • 51 Topics
    • 178 Posts
    @chilepower

I have everything right I can not understand why the phrases are not translated and they are only 3 sentences

Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi @chilepower,

Thank you for clarifying your request.

When placing your files them under wp-content/languages/themes and selecting “Español” as website language, everything is working fine for us (see attached screenshot).

Our current testing files are:
    wp-content/languages/themes/gwangi-es_ES.po
    wp-content/languages/themes/gwangi-es_ES.mo

We’re sorry to say that we have really no clue of what might cause your issue on your side. Could make sure that you’ve placed every file in the right spot and that you gave it the right name please?

Best,

DEMENTE
    Participant
    • 51 Topics
    • 178 Posts
    @chilepower

Apparently we have a small but very important problem, then, because I have reviewed my files many times and everything is fine, that is why I come to you, if you wish, you can enter via FTP to my website to make a complete review and verify that everything is perfect

Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi @chilepower,

Could you please create a new website user for us? If possible with administrator capabilities so we can make a quick check of your settings.
    Could you also send us your FTP credentials?

You can insert them in your next reply and mark it as private to keep this between us.

Regards,

DEMENTE
    Participant
    • 51 Topics
    • 178 Posts
    @chilepower
    Jason
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 429 Posts
    @themoceratops

Hi @chilepower,

Thanks for the info.

After taking a look, we have finally fixed the issue with the Gwangi language file. To be honest I am not sure what was the problem. I tried different things with the file location and file name, I downloaded the language file from your server, edited a couple of properties via the Po-Edit software and re-saved it. After that, the text was finally translated on your site.

In your homepage form the “from” and “to” are still not translated though, but that is because these texts are from the BP Search Profile plugin, not from Gwangi.

Best regards,

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘problems with translations’ is closed to new replies.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site