Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

Profile fields in the card

This topic is resolved
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 7 Topics
    • 13 Posts
    @paulienvk

In the member overview with all of the member cards you can display some of the profile fields in the card. I want to display the age and the city where the person is living. But, it doesn’t show the age the way I want to (like ’23’) it only shows the date of birth ‘3 march 1994’ or the year of birth ‘1995’. How do I make this work?

The city where the person is living is displayed like: ‘1031, Utrecht, The Netherlands’ (I use the Maps Member plugin). I want it to be displayed like ‘Utrecht’. How do I make this work?

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Hi @paulienvk,

Yes, you should be able to set the the Birthdate and display it as your members’s age, like shown on our dating demo:
    https://dating.gwangi-theme.com

To do so, simply go to your dashboard and navigate to “Users > Profile Fields”. Then, please edit the Birthdate profile fields and make sure that your field is set as shown on the attached screenshot. Finally, please click “Save” when you’re finished.

It should do the trick for you! ?

Regards,

Pauline
    Participant
    • 7 Topics
    • 13 Posts
    @paulienvk

Hi,

1. Thank you, using the 2020-03-11 date works for displaying the age in the member card. Only problem: on the profilepages the birthday now looks like “2020-03-11”. I want it to be the age here to OR “11 March 2020”. We never use the date like y-m-d in the country I live.

2. You didn’t respond to my other question. The place of living still shows like “postalcode, city, state” I only want to display the city (the green word). How do I do this?

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Hi @paulienvk,

1. Not only the Y-m-d format should be supported. (Please see attachment.) If the other options are correct, it should still work. Just make sure that you have the latest version of the theme and all its required plugins installed.

2. Unfortunately, we have no clue. And my best guess is that it will require custom development work…

As this issue is related with the BP Maps for Members, it’s best if you try to reach the plugin authors. They will be more informed and better suited to help you.

To go further, we invite you to post your request on their support contact form:

Support

We remain available for all support requests related with the use of your theme.

Best,

Pauline
    Participant
    • 7 Topics
    • 13 Posts
    @paulienvk

Hi Olivier,

Thank you for your respons. I’ll figure out question 2 myself. About question 1 (see attachment). When I use Y-m-d displaying the age works. But when I use something else (because, Y-m-d is a bit weird where I come from), then it doesn’t .

I use the latest update of the theme and all the required plugins. I don’t have any ‘weird’ plugins installed.

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Hi @paulienvk,

I think that I now understand from where your issue is stemming from. Did you enter a “Custom” date format for your Birthdate field? To my knowledge, custom formats are not supported and will display the value of the Birthdate instead of the computed age. (Please see attached.)

So, I suggest that you select d/m/Y as a format. That should solve your issue by showing the age and if I’m not mistaken, this format is also used in your country. ?

Kindest regards,

Pauline
    Participant
    • 7 Topics
    • 13 Posts
    @paulienvk

Hi Olivier,

Thank you, the d/m/Y works, that’s better than Y-m-d. But, I still don’t understand why the j F Y or F j, Y (which I both prefer) doesn’t work. I didn’t use the custom date format, only the ones which are standard. So, if you do figure out why the standard j F Y doesn’t work and F j, Y isn’t showing… I’d really like to know. 🙂

Maybe it has something to do with that my first / best standard option is j F Y and yours is F j, Y (I’ve no comma and J is first instead of F)?

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Hi @paulienvk,

Sadly, this is PHP limitation that we will not solve with our theme. It is caused by the format selected AND the language in which you’re displaying the age.

For instance, The F j, Y will work just fine as long as it is displayed in plain English, the language understood by default by PHP. It allows us to convert this November 11, 1994 into that 2020 - 1994 = 26 or this case actually 25, given the month of birth in this case.
    On the other hand, if the same format is used in another language, in Dutch for instance, some dates won’t be understood by PHP, like oktober 10, 1992 which will prevent us from extracting the data needed to calculate the age.

To sum it up, I suggest that you select the format best suited for your website, as long as it not a custom format or F j, Y in another language than English.

Best,

Roboraptor 🦖
Themosaurus Topic Closer

Hi there,

This topic has been inactive for a while now so we will be closing it to keep the forum tidy. Don't hesitate to create a new topic if you still need help and we'll be glad to help you!

Best regards,
The Themosaurus team.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Profile fields in the card’ is closed to new replies.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site