Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

Registrartion Fields

This topic is resolved
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 10 Topics
    • 18 Posts
    @bentheredonethat

I’ve edited the fields in Users > Profile Fields > Require on Sign-up.

There are no changes on the login page.

What’s the point of these fields if they don’t work with the theme? I’m sure editing the required form fields should be a standard feature of a community theme?

Keen to hear back. I’m finding a bunch of these little quirks now I’ve purchased the theme, it’s not as simple to get this up and running as once thought.

THanks.

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Ben,

Thank you for reporting this issue.

We remind you that a theme affects the presentation and visual style of your site, while plugins add all kinds of features and functionalities. Be aware that our theme has nothing to do with that, as the register form is managed by BuddyPress plugin. In other words, when it comes to the registration form, our theme just applies style to make it look good.

However, be sure we’ll do our best to help you. I think you did not drag and drop the required fields in the Signup Fields tab. Please find the attached screenshot. A required field is not necessarily put in the register form. I’m afraid this is standard behaviour with buddyPress and our theme can do nothing about that.

For more about the registration form, please read the following posts:

We remain available for all support requests related with the use of your theme.

Best,

Ben
    Participant
    • 10 Topics
    • 18 Posts
    @bentheredonethat

Hello,

Thanks for your response.

I have done this already, it seems like an issue from the theme end.

I’ve done everything the BuddyPress codex tells me to do:

Modifying the Registration Form

See the screenshots attached.

I know you say that your theme is”just for visuals” but I’m sure you guys are aware that the way you advertise your themes is with functionality in mind. You must have experience with these issues with the required plugins and I’d really appreciate some guidance here.

Thanks.

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Ben,

Thank you for your feedback.

To display how our theme looks, we created demos with the compatible plugins. Of course, our theme offers some additional functionalities. However, when it comes to the registration form, our theme just applies style to make it look good.

I think I know from where this issue might come from. Are you using Paid Memberships Pro? It seems you’re using Member Types and the “Users with no member type” is not selected. Note that when a member registers, he has no member type. Therefore, the fields are not displayed. Could you activate this option and check if this issue is solved, please?

We’re waiting for your feedback. 🙂

Best,

Roboraptor 🦖
Themosaurus Topic Closer

Hi there,

This topic has been inactive for a while now so we will be closing it to keep the forum tidy. Don't hesitate to create a new topic if you still need help and we'll be glad to help you!

Best regards,
The Themosaurus team.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Registrartion Fields’ is closed to new replies.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site