Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

Remove WordPress Toolbar for LOGGED IN users

This topic is resolved
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 25 Topics
    • 44 Posts
    @eyebrandit

Hello,

1. We would like to remove the WordPress looking toolbar for logged in users as well, not just logged out users.
    2. We would like to redirect logged out users to homepage instead of WordPress login dashboard.

Thanks,
    Inga

Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi eyebrandit,

1. You can install the Disable Toolbar plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/disable-toolbar/). Then go to Settings > General and check the user roles for which you want to hide the toolbar.
    2. I see you are using the Login With Ajax plugin. So you can go to Settings > Login With Ajax and put your homepage url in the “Global Logout Redirect” box.

Best regards,

eyebrandit
    Participant
    • 25 Topics
    • 44 Posts
    @eyebrandit

Hello. I uploaded the plugin and selected hide toolbar for all user roles as well as set global logout to homepage. I cleared cache and cookies an the toolbar still shows. Anything else I can do?

Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi eyebrandit,

Can you please create us a new user on your website? If possible with admin capabilities so we can review your settings.
    You can post the user name and password in your next private reply.

Cheers,

eyebrandit
    Participant
    • 25 Topics
    • 44 Posts
    @eyebrandit
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hello @eyebrandit,

It seems your settings are fine. As you can see in the attachment, the admin toolbar did show up when we visited you website after having logged in.
    Maybe try to log out and log in again to make sure your settings are applied to your session also.

If it still doesn’t work, we can investigate further or look for another solution to remove the WP toolbar.

Best regards,

eyebrandit
    Participant
    • 25 Topics
    • 44 Posts
    @eyebrandit
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi @eyebrandit,

We’re sorry our miscommunication issue and for our misspelled previous reply. What we meant is: “As you can see in the attachment, the admin toolbar did NOT show up when we visited you website after having logged in.”

When we’re visiting your website with the account that you’ve created for us, no toolbar is displayed. The only screens in which it is shown are the dashboard pages.

Maybe try to log out and log in again to make sure your settings are applied to your session also.

Best regards,

eyebrandit
    Participant
    • 25 Topics
    • 44 Posts
    @eyebrandit

Hi, I logged in with 2 different email accounts and I still see the toolbar on top. Can you please tell me how to remove it? Thanks!

Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi @eyebrandit,

Do these two users have editing rights (admin role, editor roles, etc.)?
    If that’s the case, this is normal because this top bar is used to edit page content.

If you really want to hide this top bar you can use this plugin:

Disable Toolbar

Another solution is to let each user choose. A link explains the process:

How to Remove the WordPress Admin Toolbar From Your Site

I hope this will help you.

Regards,

eyebrandit
    Participant
    • 25 Topics
    • 44 Posts
    @eyebrandit

Ok, so for some reason, the toolbar is disabled for administrators and key masters only. It appears that anyone who registers is labeled as “participant” and the toolbar is showing for all participants even though I disabled it with the disable toolbar plugin. Is there anything else I can do to disable it for all “participant” roles? Thank you.

Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi @eyebrandit,

After some research, we saw that there was a conflict between two plugins that do the same thing.
    We checked the box “Hide Admin Toolbar for Users” in the settings of the “Restrict User Access” plugin and the toolbar is now hidden.

Hope this will help with your issue.

Regards,

Roboraptor 🦖
Themosaurus Topic Closer

Hi there,

This topic has been inactive for a while now so we will be closing it to keep the forum tidy. Don't hesitate to create a new topic if you still need help and we'll be glad to help you!

Best regards,
The Themosaurus team.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Remove WordPress Toolbar for LOGGED IN users’ is closed to new replies.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site