Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

search option not visible after demo content

This topic is resolved
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 3 Topics
    • 9 Posts
    @farooq

No search option after installing the demo content.

http://prembandhan.info/

I am able to see name search but not the male/female or the to/from search options

farooq
    Participant
    • 3 Topics
    • 9 Posts
    @farooq

See screenshot

farooq
    Participant
    • 3 Topics
    • 9 Posts
    @farooq
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi Farooq,

Thank you for providing us with access to your dashboard.
    From what we’ve seen, it seems that you have skipped some steps from the setup guide. It’s best to complete every step before going to next otherwise some imports will be broken, like your homepage search form, for instance.

First, you need to go to your BuddyPress settings and finish its setup:

Finishing BuddyPress Setup

Your next step will be re-save your homepage and directory search forms.
    We use BP Profile Search (https://wordpress.org/plugins/bp-profile-search/) to showcase the profile search feature on our demos.
    You can edit the homepage search form by visiting “Users > Profile Search” in your dashboard, where you will find every existing profile search forms.
    Just edit your forms and click “Save” without changing anything.

This should solve your issue.

For a quick tutorials about profile search forms, please read also the following posts:

Add new fields to homepage search form

My profile search form seems to be broken

Best regards,

farooq
    Participant
    • 3 Topics
    • 9 Posts
    @farooq

Hi,

I followed the steps and the search option was visible. However all other option under profile were showing up twice. I removed wordpress and theme entirely and then reinstalled it following the steps below:

https://doc.themosaurus.com/category/gwangi/gwangi-1-installation-updates/gwangi-11-getting-started/

However I always keep getting stuck when I try to import the demo content. It says 404 error.After I try it a few times it works. But then the options like menu etc are visible two times. I have repeated this step 4 times.

The setup process is really confusing. Please try to create a one click deployment for this theme. I have used multiple themes and this one is the most difficult to install.

I have installed wordpress and the theme and activate the plugins and also completed the buddypress setup.Can you please import the demo data for me.I have attached the error I keep getting and also the php settings.

farooq
    Participant
    • 3 Topics
    • 9 Posts
    @farooq
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi @farooq,

We are very sorry if you found difficult the import of content.
    We checked your configuration and it was just necessary to increase two parameters. This allows the import to take a little longer and not to be blocked (404 error).

The contents are now successfully imported.

Hope this will help you.

Best regards,

farooq
    Participant
    • 3 Topics
    • 9 Posts
    @farooq

Thanks I will check out the website and get back incase of any issues. Can you please let me know which two parameters needed to be changed?

Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi @farooq,

Glad I could help with the proper installation.
    Feel free to come back with more questions. I leave this ticket open if you have any further questions about your installation, but please create another topic if it concerns other issues (bugs, features, etc.).

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

The two parameters were max_execution_time and max_input_time.

Cheers,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘search option not visible after demo content’ is closed to new replies.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site