Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

Setting up questionnaire

This topic is resolved
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 9 Topics
    • 33 Posts
    @aashaf

Hey, hope everyhting is fine.

Perhaps you can help me out. I want, that when the user want to register that there are two questionnaire they have to fill out. FIrst one is for women and the other is for men. SO, they have to choose, what they are. So, I want to add my question inside, which would be visible in theire profile for certain people not for all. So, how can I set up this questionaires?

Best regards

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Miguel,

Thank you for buying our theme. We hope it will meet all your expectations! 🙂

You could use the member type. As explained in this article from or documentation, Member type allows you to display different fields in the register form:

Managing Roles, Member Types and Groups with BuddyPress

If you wish to have more options to better control the registration process from you BuddyPress website, please give a look to this plugin:
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/bp-registration-options/

As this issue is related with BuddyPress, it’s best if you try to reach the plugin authors. They will be more informed and better suited to help you.

To go further, we invite you to post your request on their support forums: BuddyPress support.

We remain available for all support requests related with the use of your theme.

Best,

Miguel
    Participant
    • 9 Topics
    • 33 Posts
    @aashaf

Hey,
    Thank you very much.

I did now how described in the page you send me. But I want – if the user goes to https://dmg-heirat.de/registrieren/ that he can now choose between the two member types I created and then if he press on the group he wants to join the specific registration page will come.

Would be amazing if you could help me

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Miguel,

Our theme is compatible with Paid Memberships Pro (paidmembershipspro.com), which allow you to charge users, implement recurring payments and restrict content or areas of your website that will only be displayed to premium members. Plenty of PMPro add-ons are available on the author website to go further if necessary, including one for BuddyPress restrictions: paidmembershipspro.com/add-ons/buddypress-integration/. I really think this plugin might help you get what you’re trying to achieve as the user will be able to choose between multiple member types.

To know precisely which features will be restricted from your BuddyPress website, it’s best if you ask directly to the plugin authors.

They will be more informed and better suited to help you: paidmembershipspro.com/contact/

We remain available for all support requests related with the use of your theme.

Best,

Miguel
    Participant
    • 9 Topics
    • 33 Posts
    @aashaf

Thank you.

But still I dont get how one user can choose member type. I mean I have to do that manually? Its not possible, that the user can choose himself which groups he wants and then I have to accept it?

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Miguel,

We remind you that a theme affects the presentation and visual style of your site, while plugins add all kinds of features and functionalities.

What you’re trying to do is possible with third party plugins, more precisely PMPro plugin. In conclusion, your request is related with the use of a third party plugin, not with the use of your theme. As theme authors, the installation, setting or debugging of third party plugins isn’t part of the support we will provide.

To go further, we invite you to ask for more help from the plugin authors and post your request on their support forums: paidmembershipspro.com/contact/.

Regards,

Miguel
    Participant
    • 9 Topics
    • 33 Posts
    @aashaf

Yes, but I thought your theme already has all of this plugins inside. beacuse I asked this question before I bought it on themeforest and the answer was, yeah no problem, you can do it.. now I am trying to do it and now you are refrering me to third plugins, which I have to install etc.

I mean, what is the use of the form on the landing page? Such a thing I would like to have for the resgistration.

The second thing is, that you dont have a page builder in the website?

Thank you!

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Miguel,

I think you’re misunderstanding how a theme works. It’s indeed possible to get what you’re trying to achieve, with a third party plugin. As my colleague said, you can use this theme. He told you that because our theme is compatible with Paid Memberships Pro plugin. That’s not the case for every theme. A theme author can only make his product compatible with a third party plugin to make sure the plugins functionalities looks great. Note that no theme will manage that for you as the purpose of a theme is to affect the presentation and visual style of your site, while plugins add all kinds of features and functionalities.

In case you install the dating demo, Paid Memberships pro should already be installed on your website.

Please note that the search form on the homepage is managed by BP Profile Search plugin and this form is customized by our theme.

In case you need someone to help you through this, I suggest you to reach the BuddyPress team. I remind you that the members on you website are managed by BuddyPress plugin, as the registration form. Don’t hesitate to explain them what you’re trying to get and I think they might redirect you to the steps to follow as they will be more informed and better suited to help you. To go further, we invite you to post your request on their support forums: BuddyPress support.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best,

Miguel
    Participant
    • 9 Topics
    • 33 Posts
    @aashaf

My friend I bought over 20 Themes from different authors never heard somehting as ridiclious what you are writing. Perhaps you think I am a newby and you can wirte that nonsense.

The other author where at least honest enough to tell me, look you need that and this plugin. And I never saw this before, that someone in a support is always refering to go to someone else

One of the most expensive themes and you have nothing better to do to tell me, go to him or go to him.

If it possible I want my money back.

Miguel
    Participant
    • 9 Topics
    • 33 Posts
    @aashaf

One more thing.. you are refering your theme as an “BuddyPress Community Theme” Then please write in breaks (we are compatible with this plugin but you need help with it… we cant and we will not help you)

Then you are honest.

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

I am really surprised to read your answer.

First: I seem to have forgotten to answer one of your questions: Our theme works with Gutenberg. You told me that you are not a “Newby”, but you didn’t figure it out. As you should know, this is the default builder for WordPress. Please be aware that our theme is compatible with Elementor, as mentioned in the theme page: https://themeforest.net/item/gwangi-dating-community-theme/21115855?s_rank=8.

We are theme authors, and I have told you exactly how a theme works. But it seems you are determined not to understand it.

Moreover, you bought a theme, not plugins. You can’t expect theme authors to provide support for third-party plugins that we didn’t develop. For this reason, when a question is related to a specific plugin, if we don’t have the answer, we redirect the user to the plugin authors.

For all refund requests, please review the Envato Refund policy:
    https://help.market.envato.com/hc/en-us/articles/202821460-Can-I-Get-A-Refund-
    https://themeforest.net/page/customer_refund_policy

If your issue is matching the described conditions, please introduce your request to Envato. It will be redirected to us.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Miguel
    Participant
    • 9 Topics
    • 33 Posts
    @aashaf

Your answer didnt suprise me but only you understand me. You know and I know that there are enough Authours who are helping someone when it comes to third part plugins, which are part of the theme. So, you dont buy them seperatly , they are coming with the theme.

Now, when I asked at themeforest your friend, it is possible to do that with your THEME, I am talking, which is 100% clear – not ONLY about the theme, I was asking for the complete package, which I will get, when I buy your theme. Your friend said no worries it can be accomplished. He should at least tell me, that you are not giving any support for the plugin which are coming through your theme. You got my point? Once I write on buddypress forum I wait 10 years to get an answer, but I payed not only your theme I payed for the complete package.

Anyway, perhaps you can help me with that. I want to hide for non admins following things in the profile, which are red in the picture.

Thank you!

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Miguel,

Clearly, there is a big misunderstanding. Can I please ask you to take a look at this Envato video relating to the support you can expect from us? Please keep in mind you bought a theme, not a package. You bought a theme compatible with third party plugins.

As stated by ThemeForest support policy, all the items you buy are quality checked by Envato. For more, please read the ThemeForest Item Support Policy.

Be aware that BuddyPress manages the registration. However, PMPro can also have its own register form. To get what you want, here are two solutions:

1. A user register with the standard registration form from BuddyPress. Then, you redirect the new user to the levels page, where he can choose its level.
    2. The user can directly go to the Levels page and choose its level. Then, he’ll have to register.

Let me know which one of the solution you’d like to use and if you need more explanations.

Thank you for bringing this new request to our attention. We’re glad to answer any question related with the setup of our theme.

However, it is very difficult for us to provide the best support possible and to keep track of issues and their resolution if so many questions are asked in the same topic.
    Moreover, it’s easier for us to share the resolution for a single issue with other members of our community facing the same problem.

So, could you move your other question into a different topic, please? One question = one topic.
    By doing this, you will be making a great contribution to this forum, and we thank you very much for that!

Thank you.

Roboraptor 🦖
Themosaurus Topic Closer

Hi there,

This topic has been inactive for a while now so we will be closing it to keep the forum tidy. Don't hesitate to create a new topic if you still need help and we'll be glad to help you!

Best regards,
The Themosaurus team.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Setting up questionnaire’ is closed to new replies.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site