Show User Name in menubar – Cera with Grimlock but without buddypress

Home Forums Cera – Intranet & Community Theme Feature Requests Show User Name in menubar – Cera with Grimlock but without buddypress

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Olivier 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Joel
    Participant
    • 3 Posts
    @joeldb

If I disable Grimlock completely, I see username in the top menu bar. However I want to use Grimlock but without buddypress, and yet I want to show the current username (and possibly with avatar) in the top menu bar.
    I tried setting up custom menu but it doesn’t pull in dynamic variable.
    Any ideas on how I can do this?

Manathan
    Keymaster
    • 415 Posts
    @themodactyl
    Themosaurus Support

Hi @joeldb,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will investigate further to find out how we can help you.

We will be back to you ASAP.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Olivier
    • 1758 Posts
    @themosaurusrex
    Themosaurus Support

[edited]

Hi @joeldb,

Currently, the user name is never displayed in the Navigation without Grimlock for BuddyPress. However, I agree that it would be indeed very nice to display the current user name in the Navigation is some designs, even when BuddyPress is not activated.

In consequence, I took the liberty to move this topic to our Feature Requests forum. As your idea could be a nice addition to our theme, we will implement this feature if other community members upvote your request.

We’ll keep you informed. Thank you very much for contributing to this theme!

Best regards,

Joel
    Participant
    • 3 Posts
    @joeldb

Thanks! I did a workaround to add a filter in child theme to inject it for now. But having in the theme with some customizations would be nice.

Olivier
    • 1758 Posts
    @themosaurusrex
    Themosaurus Support

@joeldb I’m glad to read that you’ve been able to solve this!

Please note that you could consider using the grimlock_navbar_nav_menu action to add your custom code. This will include it inside the Navigation, exactly where Grimlock for BuddyPress puts the BP username.

Cheers,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.