Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

sidebar right of members et activity of members

This topic is resolved
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 32 Topics
    • 126 Posts
    @gill49

On your live demo site, we can see that all the pages have a section on the right composed of the elements that you can see in the screenshot of this topic.

I don’t understand how to integrate this bar into all my pages: should I work on each of them or should I do a single manipulation somewhere with a plugin ?
    Thanks !

Roboraptor
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 350 Posts
    @roboraptor

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch!

We provide support only during Belgian business hours (Monday to Friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST), and our current response time can be up to 1 business day. We’ve received your request and we’ll get you an answer ASAP.

We really thank you for your patience!

In the meantime, feel free to check out our documentation resources for more help:

FAQ & Support Documentation

Kind regards,

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Gil, 🙂

To display the sidebar, it depends on which page you would like to add this.

To display the sidebar on a simple page, you have to change the page template for Sidebar Template: Left/Right. Please find the attached screenshot. Note that you can bulk edit all your pages in Dashboard > Pages to change the page template. However, some pages are independently managed by a third party plugin, for exemple: the directory page managed by BuddyPress.

Hope this will help you. Let me know if you need more explanations.

Best,

gil
    Participant
    • 32 Topics
    • 126 Posts
    @gill49

If I understood correctly: to display on the right of my page “members”, “recently active members” and “who’s on line” on my page entitled “Members — Members’ page (BP)”, I must, from my wp dashboard, enter in this page with the customizer (the one like your screenshot), then select “template sidebar right”. It’s right ?

I saw that i could add blocks by opening a menu on the left, but what I want is a widget, like my 2 screenshot, not a bloc 🙂

or else I didn’t understand anything…

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

I think there is some confusion. 🤔

As I told you, it depends on which page you want to display this sidebar (sidebar: it’s a widget area on the left/right of your page that allows you to display widgets).

Could you please send me the url of the page(s) on which you would like to display the sidebar? This way, I will be able to tell you how to achieve this. You can send this/these link(s) in the next reply and mark it as private to keep this between us.

Best,

gil
    Participant
    • 32 Topics
    • 126 Posts
    @gill49
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Gil,

Thank you for granting us access to your WP Admin.

If I understand well, you’re referring to the Directory page. this page is managed by BuddyPress plugin. By default, BuddyPress override the template of the page to display the members in full width. In conclusion, this is standard design with our theme and BuddyPress plugin, I’m afraid.

As this is not breaking the page, changing this is considered customization work. Unfortunately, this is a service that we do not provide. We only share snippet only to solve issues with our theme. Any further request for CSS snippets will have to be part of a defect that needs to be fixed urgently. No snippets will be shared otherwise.

If you want to go further with the customization of your website, we advise that you hire a freelancer to do it for you. If you’re on a tight budget, we recommend you to require the services from Envato Studio freelancers (https://studio.envato.com/explore/websites-programming). This web platform gives you access to developers who have already experience with theme customizations, and for very competitive prices.

We foudnt his topic that seems to address a same concern: Sidebar not showing up on BP members directory.
    Don’t hesitate to post your request on BuddyPress support forums, they might have a solution we don’t know of: buddypress.org/support.

We remain available for all support requests related with the use of your theme.

Best,

gil
    Participant
    • 32 Topics
    • 126 Posts
    @gill49

Yes, I understand that you don’t do customizations, but what I just want is to have the same page as your online demo. That’s kind of why I got “Mentor”. However, the theme I bought does not offer the identical page.

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Gil,

When you installed your theme and activated it, it should have launch the theme setup. Our theme setup allows you to install the desired plugins and import the content of one of the demo. Did you run the theme setup?

Can you tell me which page you would like to get exactly? Which one is not like the demo? I’m trying to figure out if you imported the demo correctly but delete some pages and now you try to recreate them or if all the pages where not imported during the theme setup.

Be sure we’ll do our best to help you. 🙂

Kind regards,

gil
    Participant
    • 32 Topics
    • 126 Posts
    @gill49

Hey Manhattan!
    Yes, I installed the theme with automatic configuration.
    There was no error message. Everything was ok.

Otherwise, this morning, I was finally able to put the widgets I wanted on the desired page ! yeees 🙂
    I think you must have installed/modified something on my wp which meant that this morning I was able to add this to a page.
    Thank you warmly!
    However, there is one last thing about the layout: I want to have the member search widget on the left of the private messages window (as in the screenshot at the bottom of this post). I couldn’t find it in the list of widgets. Do you know what his name is?

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Glad to read all is working fine!

Concerning the member search, in case you’re referring to the search form in the homepage, be aware that it is managed by BP Profile Search plugin and displayed thanks to a shortcode.

To display this form in your sidebar, you need to user the Shortcode block and copy-paste the code from your homepage. Please find the attached screenshot.

Hope this will help you.

Cheers,

gil
    Participant
    • 32 Topics
    • 126 Posts
    @gill49

No, it’s him on my screenshot below, Manathan. I can’t find him in the widgets.

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Gil,

Thank you for your feedback. I understand what you’re trying to achieve now, sorry!

To get this, you needed to activate the “Search all users” option in Dashboard > Better Messages > Settings > Messages. Please find the attached screenshot.

I activated it. Can you confirm all is working fine on your side?

Best,

gil
    Participant
    • 32 Topics
    • 126 Posts
    @gill49

yes ! It works now, perfect !
    did that mean that initially, when installing the theme, I did not have BP messages initially?

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

This option should have been checked during the theme setup. I think you didn’t see this because there was actually no message. You needed to send at least one message to see this. Anyway, I’m glad that all is working as expected now. 🙂

If you have further questions or requests, feel free to create other forum topics.

Cheers,

Roboraptor 🦖
Themosaurus Topic Closer

Hi there,

This topic has been inactive for a while now so we will be closing it to keep the forum tidy. Don't hesitate to create a new topic if you still need help and we'll be glad to help you!

Best regards,
The Themosaurus team.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘sidebar right of members et activity of members’ is closed to new replies.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site