Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

Site sending and resendin messages after theme install

This topic is resolved
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 3 Topics
    • 7 Posts
    @henryanarado

Dear Team,

I have a dating website that was initially created with sweetdate WordPress theme.

Then i purchased the gwangi theme and using the dating demo, and installed and activated.

I set up and customized everything to suit what i wanted, the problem now is that all internal emails that were exchanged between members when i was using the old theme seemed to be re sent again after iinstalled your own theme there by generating loads of notifications emails and mail logs,

its hitting my server badly because its not like they are spam mails, these are genuine mail notifications from mails that usesrs normally receive when senders send them messages on the site.

the website is http://www.date9ja.com

if you need admin credentials message me on how to send them privately/. best regards

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Hi @henryanarado,

Thank you for coming back to us!

Could tell us more about your setup please? What exactly did you do when migrating from SweetDate to Gwangi? Our theme doesn’t import or create any demo member during the setup and only add a few xProfile fields that you might have seen on our demo.

Maybe an existing field has been duplicated but we hardly see how our setup might have affected your already registered members as our theme doesn’t act on those data.

Thank you for your insightful reply. ?

Best,

henry anarado
    Participant
    • 3 Topics
    • 7 Posts
    @henryanarado
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Hi @henryanarado,

Unfortunately, our theme doesn’t act on the wp_mail function and I don’t see any reason why our theme would have created this issue. Other in the past have migrated from SweetDate to Gwangi without any hassle.

In consequence, I’m really sad to tell you that I don’t know how I could help you. The best recommendations I could give you is first to deactivate the theme, all your custom code and then deactivate your plugins one after the other. Each time, make sure to check if the issue is still persisting. Usually, it’s the best way to identify if the issue is coming from conflicting or misconfigured plugins.

If you’re unable to solve this, even after having disabled all your plugins and custom code, I would suggest to reach out to your new hosting service support. They will be better informed and equipped to help you with your mail server settings.

I wish you to find a way to solve this as I totally understand the trouble that it is causing to you and your members.

Best regards,

Roboraptor 🦖
Themosaurus Topic Closer

Hi there,

This topic has been inactive for a while now so we will be closing it to keep the forum tidy. Don't hesitate to create a new topic if you still need help and we'll be glad to help you!

Best regards,
The Themosaurus team.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Site sending and resendin messages after theme install’ is closed to new replies.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site