Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

Small translations

This topic is resolved
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 6 Topics
    • 18 Posts
    @modavart

Hi,

There are some small texts that I cannot translate into French in your theme:
    “All categories” on the articles page
    “Post comment” on the newsfeed
    “Search for a topic” on the forum
    “Freshness” on the forum
    “Admin bbpress” on the forum
    These expressions do not appear in the buddypress language files, nor in bbpress …
    Can you help me?
    Thanks !

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Hi @modavart,

Maybe these translations are contained in the following plugins:
    – Grimlock
    – Grimlock for BuddyPress
    – Grimlock for bbPress

They each contain a POT file that can be translated under the following directory: wp-content/plugins/grimlock/languages/grimlock.pot

Usually, we recommend to rename both translated files grimlock-<your-language-code>.mo and grimlock-<your-language-code>.po. Then, please replace from the file name by the language code of your choice, for instance fr_FR for french.

Finally, the best practice is to move the files in the plugins languages directory of your whole website: wp-content/languages/plugins directory. There, you will find the translation for other plugins.

This will also ensure that the files will not be lost during any future update.

Cheers,

David
    Participant
    • 6 Topics
    • 18 Posts
    @modavart

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback !
    I managed to settle some translations. Unfortunately, I still have 3 translations not found:

“All categories” on the articles page (isotope filter)
    “Post comment” on the newsfeed
    “Admin bbpress” on the forum

Do you know how to correct these latest translations?

Thanks !

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Hi @modavart,

I’m sorry for the trouble that you’re facing when translating your website.

• “All categories”: this string should be contained in Grimlock. Please make sure that this plugin has been fully translated.
    • “Post comment”: this string was contained in BuddyPress and shown with our theme. However, it seems like it has been removed from BuddyPress, explaining why it’s missing from your translation files. So, it’s our job to update our templates to make sure the latest translatable string is displayed. This will be fixed in the next release of Grimlock for BuddyPress.
    • “Admin bbpress”: I’m not finding this string our demos. Could share a screenshot of your website showing me where exactly you’ve seen it? Thank you! ?
    • Best,

David
    Participant
    • 6 Topics
    • 18 Posts
    @modavart

Hi and thanks for your help,

– I have translated the grimlock plugin (po and mo file). I can also see the following line in my po file:

#: inc / component / class-grimlock-terms-component.php: 24
    msgid "All categories"
    msgid "Toutes categories"

Unfortunately, that doesn’t change anything …

– Ok, thanks for your return about this translation !

– In fact, by digging a little, it is the text which replaces the role name “keymaster” of buddypress but I can’t find where it is translated in the theme. I did a capture if it helps.

-Side question : Is there a way to remove gender on Member list page ?

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Hi @modavart,

1) If you have correctly translated your theme using cera.pot and grimlock.pot, it should be solved. (Please see attached.)
    Please make sure this string is first translated in your theme BEFORE translating it into Grimlock as the theme seems to take priority on this.

3) This string should either be located in bbPress as it’s already translated from “Keymaster” to “Admin bbPress” in French. You can either edit the given .PO file or use your translation plugin of choice (Loco Translate, WPML, Polylang, etc) to change this string.
    For more, please see also the following link:
    https://translate.wordpress.org/projects/wp-plugins/bbpress/stable/fr/default/?filters%5Bterm%5D=keymaster&filters%5Buser_login%5D=&filters%5Bstatus%5D=current_or_waiting_or_fuzzy_or_untranslated&filter=Filter&sort%5Bby%5D=priority&sort%5Bhow%5D=desc

4) We’re glad to answer any question related with the setup of our theme.

However, it very difficult for us to provide the best support possible and to keep track of issues and their resolution if you so many questions in the same topic.
    Moreover, it’s easier for us to share the resolution for a single issue with other members of our community facing the same problem.

So, could you move your new question to different topic?
    By doing this, you will be making a great contribution to this forum, and we thank you very much for that! ?

Best regards,

David
    Participant
    • 6 Topics
    • 18 Posts
    @modavart

Thank you very much Olivier,

Indeed, the problem seems to be a priority concern. I edited the translation of the theme first and there it works great!
    Thank you for your help, I open another subject for my subsidiary question 😉

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Great!

And thank you very for opening a new topic for your other question! ?

Best,

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Small translations’ is closed to new replies.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site