Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

text before or after shortcode bps directory

This topic is resolved
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 9 Topics
    • 23 Posts
    @fabien00

Hello,

I am French and I use a translator.
    On your following demo pages:
    https://classic.gwangi-theme.com/only-women-swap/
    https://classic.gwangi-theme.com/only-men-swap/
    or with his type of shortcode
    [bps_directory template=”members/index-swap” field_35=”male”]
    Is it possible to add custom text before and / or after?
    When I use the bps_directory shortcode in a page, I can not write text. The shortcode takes the whole page, impossible to insert text …
    Is it possible?
    Should you change the php source? If so which one?

I want to create different pages (example 1 page member woman 1 page member man) and write text before or after the shortcode bps directory.

Thank yoy

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Hi @fabien00,

Actually, you can add text before the BP Profile Search shortcode (please see attachment). However, I agree it’s not very pretty…

I would suggest you to place a new Grimlock Section widget in the “Before Content” widget area. It will give your handy styling options, allowing you to showcase your content very nicely.

Please note that using the “Before Content” widget area should display this widget on all pages of your website. To prevent this, I recommend using Easy Custom Sidebars to override the “Before Content” sidebar and display the extra widget for your Women (or Men) member swap page only. To learn more about widgetized pages and custom sidebars, please read the following post:

Creating Custom Widget Areas

Best regards,

PS: Pro tip: If you wish to remove the extra padding at the bottom of your widget like I did for the screenshots, you could also use the pb-0 CSS class for your widget. Simply paste it in the dedicated field and it will remove all unnecessary spacing.

Fabien00
    Participant
    • 9 Topics
    • 23 Posts
    @fabien00

thank you very much even if I can not do what I wish, …

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

You’re welcome. ?

Best regards,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘text before or after shortcode bps directory’ is closed to new replies.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site