Translate BP Profile Search

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Themosaurus 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Joss
    Participant
    • 53 Posts
    @joss

Hi,

I am unable to translate the words “match”, “is”, in filter search result bar.

I use Loco Translate.

Can you help me please ?

Thanks,
    Joss

Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    • 1673 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi @joss,

The “match” string need to be translated from the BP Search Profile plugin, as you have discovered. That plugin doesn’t provide a POT file, so we created one with all the strings from that plugin which you can download here:
    https://files.themosaurus.com/bp-profile-search/bp-profile-search.pot

Once you have translated the strings you need, you should have a bp-profile-search-en_US.mo and bp-profile-search-en_US.po file that you will place in the wp-content/languages/plugins directory of your site. For other languages than English, please replace en_US from the file name by the language code of your choice, for instance fr_FR for french.

Please keep us updated if this helped you with the translation of your website.

Best,

Joss
    Participant
    • 53 Posts
    @joss

It works !!

FOR OTHER USER :
    I make a .pot and .mo with Poedit on my computer, it’s free software.
    After I place files in wp-content/languages/plugins, then with Loco Translate in WordPress I went to the BP Profile Search folder and I copied strings in my personnal folder (because if you don’t do this, when there is an updtae of the plugin, your translation is deleted), and after this I translate easly the plugin…

Good luck !

Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    • 1673 Posts
    @themosaurus

You’re welcome. 🙂

And thank you very much for your contribution to this topic.

Best,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Translate BP Profile Search’ is closed to new replies.