Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

Transparent Nav with Grimlock Section instead of Standard Header

Find Answers and Get Support Forums Cera – Intranet & Community Theme Theme Customizer Transparent Nav with Grimlock Section instead of Standard Header

This topic is resolved
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 1 Topics
    • 6 Posts
    @arthur5005

I spent a fair amount of time looking around the help section and understanding the theme so I hope I’m not double posting.

I understand that if a page does’t have a custom header then the nav will default to the scrolled background:

“This is the color of the navigation when page is scrolling. This color will also be applied when there is no custom header.”

Which makes sense, because this allows for a transparent nav at the top and an alternate safer bg colour as you scroll down the page.

I have a couple of pages now that leverage just Grimlock Section Widget to be a hero as if it were a custom header, mostly because I want it to be more beefy.

Is there a non-hacky way to get the nav to be its original color (in my case transparent) until it scrolls on Wigitified pages?

Right now on those pages it’s always defaulting to the scrolled color because I’m using ‘Homepage: minimal’ which eliminates the normal header portion in favor of a Grimlock Section widget.

I think based on my reading the “Grimlock Hero” plugin might actually signal to the nav bar that a hero on the homepage template exists, but it seems as if it can’t be customized for separate pages (correct me if I’m wrong)

Cheers.
    Arthur

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Hi @arthur5005,

Thank you for reaching back to us! ?

Could you provide us with screenshots of your website please? Please don’t hesitate to comment or highlight your screenshots to help us better understand your issue. Or maybe you could the URL to those pages, so we could give a quick look. You can post the user name and password in your next reply and mark it as private to keep this between us.

Cheers,

Arthur
    Participant
    • 1 Topics
    • 6 Posts
    @arthur5005

Hey Olivier, I mean you can just go:

Home

Signature Events

Top one is the main page, and has a ‘scrolled’ nav bar
    Second one is another ppage, and also has a ‘scrolled’ nav bar

In both instances I want them to be a non-scrolled nav-bar, like this page:

About

I recognize this is happening because on the first two pages I’m using the “Homepage: Minimal” template, which has no header.

Arthur
    Participant
    • 1 Topics
    • 6 Posts
    @arthur5005

Slight correction, I just made a change to one of the URLs

Signature Events is now -> Our Events.

Signature Events

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Hi @arthur5005,

First, we recommend that you download and activate our Grimlock Hero add-on by clicking the following link:
    https://files.themosaurus.com/grimlock-hero/grimlock-hero.zip

This will give you an additional “Hero” panel to your Customizer. It will allow you to recreate the custom header for your frontpage and replace the current Grimlock section widget place to the top, while keep the top nav transparent.

Could you try this please? And then we’ll figure something out for your events page.

Thank you.

Arthur
    Participant
    • 1 Topics
    • 6 Posts
    @arthur5005

Sounds good. Will do. Standby

Arthur
    Participant
    • 1 Topics
    • 6 Posts
    @arthur5005

Ok, done. Let me know what you think safest way to approach the event page.

Thanks.

Arthur
    Participant
    • 1 Topics
    • 6 Posts
    @arthur5005

I did have on last question, about how to to change the ‘Register’ button text. Should I put that in a separate ticket?

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Hi @arthur5005,

Great news! Glad to read that your homepage is set.

For your event page, it will be a bit trickier but the following post from our documentation sums up the first few steps:

Creating Widgetized Pages

My understanding is that you’re already using a widgetized page but currently with the “Homepage Template: Minimal” page template. Simply switch to “Homepage Template” and please make sure the widget area has been overridden with Easy Custom Sidebars.

Then, just go to your dashboard and edit your events page. Please add an excerpt -it will be shown as your header subtitle- and select the featured image to display at the top of your page.

Finally, please navigate to “Appearance > Customize > Pages”. Then, open the “General” tab and check the “Display header image” box.

This should do the trick for your event page.

Regards,

Roboraptor 🦖
Themosaurus Topic Closer

Hi there,

This topic has been inactive for a while now so we will be closing it to keep the forum tidy. Don't hesitate to create a new topic if you still need help and we'll be glad to help you!

Best regards,
The Themosaurus team.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Transparent Nav with Grimlock Section instead of Standard Header’ is closed to new replies.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site