07/06/2018 at 14:30 #790
- 25 Posts
These are not feature requests, but more UI focused.
– Change ‘join group’ plus icon to text changing ‘Join’
– Add a ‘add Friend’ button as the heart looks like a ‘like’ button. As, ‘like this picture’ instagram style
– Add a red dot to messages when a new message reaches the inbox like it does with notices.
Thanks again for all the great work!08/06/2018 at 12:52 #796
- 1678 Posts
Thank you for your feedback! It’s great to see your commitment in improving Gwangi! 🙂
1) We’re thinking about adding a theme option in the Customizer to let site owners decide whether the button text or the button icon should be displayed in groups and members directory. However, the text “Join Group” or “Join” is dynamically displayed by BuddyPress regarding the action the user can take. So we won’t change this native behavior. However, if necessary we could point you to the filter you could use to change its text.
2) In the next Gwangi update (1.0.5), you will be able to change the “heart” icon for another one of your choosing. In this case, you could change the icon for something less similar to a “like” button. We’ll keep you updated when this will be released.
3) We’re looking into the best way to implement this and it requires further consideration. As a matter of fact, BuddyPress doesn’t consider unread messages as unread notifications. Notifications and Messages are two separated concepts and mixing them in the user menu location might mislead users in thinking they’ve received 13 notifications/messages when they have in fact 10 unread notifications and 3 unread messages. Expecting 13 notifications and only seeing 10 of them might seem broken.
At the moment, we think the best way is to put additional icons in the primary navigation for Messages and Notifications, each with number of unread items. Site owners will be able to select the icons to display in the primary navigation through the Customizer.
We will add this feature to our roadmap.
We’ll be looking forward to your reply.
Cheers16/07/2018 at 12:45 #1232
- 1678 Posts
These feature are now supported with the release of Gwangi 1.1.0. We hope this will help you take your project even further.
1) A text button can be displayed on the groups directory instead of the “+” icon.
2) A 3 icon kit is now provided to replace the heart icon when befriending another user.
3) The main navigation is now customizable and can display the features of your choosing (Notifications, Messages, etc.). Each icon menu item displays the number of unread items and link to the related page on the user profile.
Thanks again for your trust and for involvement in our community. 🙏
Please don’t hesitate to create new topic regarding this feature to help us improve Gwangi.
The topic ‘UI changes’ is closed to new replies.