Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

User profile – 404 not found

This topic is resolved
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 5 Topics
    • 15 Posts
    @afshinse

Hi,

I have installed the theme but the user profile doesn’t work. I get 404 not found when trying to open the profile from the top menu or even from the user list.

Any clue what might cause this?

//Afshin

afshin
    Participant
    • 5 Topics
    • 15 Posts
    @afshinse

Actually experimenting with different things now and nothing related to user works! anything that follows https://www.mywebsite.com/members/ path is broken!

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6288 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Afshin,

Thank you for buying our theme. We hope it will meet all your expectations! 🙂

This issue usually appears when translating your website. The urls of the page change and need to be updated in the menu. Is it your case?

If not, It’s best if we take a quick look at this. Could you create a new website user for us please? If possible with administrator capabilities so we can make a quick check of your settings. You can post the user name and password in your next reply and mark it as private to keep this between us.

Also, are we free to deactivate plugins for our tests? In this case, I invite you to make a backup before we investigate your website further in order to make sure you don’t loose any data if something goes wrong.

Thank you.

afshin
    Participant
    • 5 Topics
    • 15 Posts
    @afshinse
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6288 Posts
    @themodactyl

Thank you for granting us access to your WP Admin.

Please note that I set your last reply as private to keep those credentials between us. I suggest you do the same next time you share this kind of information.

We will investigate further to find from where this issue is coming from. Can you please allow us to access your website? We have to request an access.

Regards,

afshin
    Participant
    • 5 Topics
    • 15 Posts
    @afshinse

Hi,

Great! Thanks. I would have done that if I knew about the option. Please proceed with the troubleshooting then.

Looking forward to hearing back from you

//Afshin

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6288 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Afshin,

Thank you for your feedback.

I first deactivate most third party plugins to be sure there was not a conflict. Then, I installed Rewrite Rules plugin in order to flush the rules. This step usually solve most 404 errors.

Finally, I checked BuddyPress settings and saw pages were not correctly set. Please find the attached screenshot. Can you please make sure to set the right pages in Dashboard > Settings > BuddyPress > Pages?

Be aware that I activated all plugins that I deactivated.

Best,

afshin
    Participant
    • 5 Topics
    • 15 Posts
    @afshinse

Hi,

Thanks for the help! now it seems to be working! However, there is something wrong with the elementor! If you try to Edite the Homepage using the elementor, you basically don’t get any element in the elementor UI. Looks like something is broken and this is the first time Im experiencing this with elementor. Please check the screenshot.

Could you please also look into this for me?

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6288 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Afshin,

I’m glad to read everything is resolved.

Be sure our theme is compatible with Elementor.

Please be aware that our demo have been build with Gutenberg editor. It is the default editor for WordPress and is recommended for many reasons, including its ease of use, speed and lightness. To know more about how to use Gutenberg, I think this article from WP Beginner might help you: How to Use the WordPress Block Editor.

You should know that we have developed our own blocks called Grimlock (Grimlock Section, Grimlock Query, Grimlock Posts, Grimlock Divider, …). These blocks will give you a lot of customization possibilities. You shouldn’t feel limited.

Note that we use widgets in our theme, more precisely in the footer. You will be able to use the customizer to change the look and add widgets in the widget areas defined by our theme. Both Grimlock widgets and Grimlock blocks have the same characteristics.

Elementor is quite heavy to use. However, in case you would like to edit your pages with this editor, we wrote an article in our documentation that might catch your attention:

Installing the Elementor Demo Version Manually

I hope this will help you. Don’t hesitate to come back to us if you have other questions.

Best,

afshin
    Participant
    • 5 Topics
    • 15 Posts
    @afshinse
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6288 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi afshin,

I recommend you to use Grimlock Section block. Then, please install Grimlock Video plugin on your website. Then, you’ll be able to use a video on background.

Let me know if you need more explanations.

Best,

afshin
    Participant
    • 5 Topics
    • 15 Posts
    @afshinse

Thanks Manathan, I will follow your instruction there 🙂

Btw, do you have any clue why all user profiles in buddy press looks like this? Like everyone visited everyone’s profile. anyway to reset dat?

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6288 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi afshin,

You are welcome!

Thank you for bringing this new issue to our attention. We’re glad to answer any question related with the setup of our theme.

However, it is very difficult for us to provide the best support possible and to keep track of issues and their resolution if so many questions are asked in the same topic. Moreover, it’s easier for us to share the resolution for a single issue with other members of our community facing the same problem.

So, could you move your other question into a different topic, please? One question = one topic.
    By doing this, you will be making a great contribution to this forum, and we thank you very much for that!

Thank you.

afshin
    Participant
    • 5 Topics
    • 15 Posts
    @afshinse

@Manathan , Well, as much as I appreciate your support I must say using a forum to support a product is not cool. as a customer I expect direct channel (at least email) to be able to get the support that I have paid for. I will try to post my question in the right channel from now on as much as I can care but you also better know what to expect from your customer. You even in this way expose inexperienced users to share their private information in public …. well I guess you got the point!

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6288 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi afshin,

Concerning sensitive data, don’t worry. When replying to a topic, you can set you reply as a private reply (red button just above Submit). When posting a private reply, sensitive data are kept private between you and us.

Be sure we have at heart to provide our community with the best possible support, all centralized on the same platform. That way, it’s easier for us to keep track of issues and share screenshots, workarounds, code snippets or video tutorials in order to help you to find the best solution.

Please note that our response time can be up to 1 business day. You can rest assured that we will handle your request as soon as possible.

We thank you very much for splitting your questions into various topics! You’re making a great contribution to our community, and you’re also helping us to keep our forums tidy! 🙂

Best,

Roboraptor 🦖
Themosaurus Topic Closer

Hi there,

This topic has been inactive for a while now so we will be closing it to keep the forum tidy. Don't hesitate to create a new topic if you still need help and we'll be glad to help you!

Best regards,
The Themosaurus team.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘User profile – 404 not found’ is closed to new replies.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site