Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

Visibility of profile activity only for friends.

This topic is resolved
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 51 Topics
    • 178 Posts
    @chilepower

Hi, it is possible that the visibility of the profile activity can only be for friends.

Jean-Pascal
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 615 Posts
    @themopteryx

Hi @chilepower,

This doesn’t seem to be possible easily and most certainly requires custom code or the installation of an additional plugin.

Maybe these topics will help you as they seem to answer the same concern:

To go further, we invite you to ask for more help from the plugin authors (buddyPress) and post your request on their support forums:
    https://buddypress.org/support/

We remain available for all support requests related with the use of your theme.

Regards,

DEMENTE
    Participant
    • 51 Topics
    • 178 Posts
    @chilepower

I have read the forum but the code does not work, I explain that I only want the profile option to be public for all but the rest of the tabs that are only for friends

the buddypress forum never answers the questions

Jason
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 429 Posts
    @themoceratops

Hi @chilepower,

Thank you for clarifying the issue, however I’m sorry to say that we can’t help you much more with this issue, we unfortunately don’t know how to make the BuddyPress tabs visible only by friends only as that would require custom development work. Please understand that Gwangi is not responsible for handling the profile tabs.

I understand that the BuddyPress support might unfortunately not always be very responsive, but I hope you understand that we are not responsible for their plugin and their responsiveness.

As an alternative, you can always hire a developer to make that feature for you. In case you want to do that, we recommend that you use the services from Envato Studio freelancers (https://studio.envato.com/explore/websites-programming). This web platform gives you access to developers who have already experience with theme customizations, and for very competitive prices.

Best regards,

DEMENTE
    Participant
    • 51 Topics
    • 178 Posts
    @chilepower

I understand your point of view, but in the thematic forest page it clearly says that the theme is for a social network and an online dating site, but the reality is far from being both platforms, as it has several privacy issues to be a private social network or a dating site. , the profiles must be private on both platforms, but there are no functions of this type in buddypress and, although they are not at fault, you are the ones that sell the theme with the included supplement, so people will come to you. I am very grateful for the technical support and all the help and I am very happy with the purchase, but you have to correct and add several functions to use it as a social network or a dating site.thank you very much but I will not hire a developer, I spent a lot of money on this

Jason
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 429 Posts
    @themoceratops

I am glad to hear that you understand our point of view and that you appreciate our support service nonetheless.

I understand that you are concerned about your user’s privacy. Please note that BuddyPress and rtMedia already provides several privacy settings for your users:

– In the “Activity” tab, if you have installed rtMedia the user can choose the privacy of each activity they post (see “activity-privacy.jpg” screenshot)
    – In the “Profile” tab, the user can choose the privacy for each of their profile fields (see “profile-privacy.jpg” screenshot)
    – In the “Media” tab, the user can manage privacy for all their media if they edit the media (see “media-privacy.jpg” screenshot)
    – For the “Friends” tab, we have provided you with a solution to hide it from everyone else except the user and the admins: https://support.themosaurus.com/forums/topic/is-possible-to-hide-the-list-of-friends-for-all-except-for-the-owner-of-the-pr/

For the “Groups” tab however, there are indeed no option that we know to make it private, except custom development.

I really hope this information can help you and reassure you about your user’s privacy, as they already have a lot of options to protect themselves.

Sorry that we can’t help much more with this issue. If you don’t have any more question about this issue, I will go ahead and close this topic.

Of course we remain available for any other question or issue you might have with the use of Gwangi.

Best regards,

DEMENTE
    Participant
    • 51 Topics
    • 178 Posts
    @chilepower

thank you very much and apologize again for bothering them

Jason
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 429 Posts
    @themoceratops

No problem @chilepower, we’re here to answer your concerns 🙂

Best regards,

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Visibility of profile activity only for friends.’ is closed to new replies.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site