Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

Widgets problems

This topic is resolved
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 23 Topics
    • 106 Posts
    @debora

Hallo,

I am having problems with Gwangi. I was almost done with setting it up for my purposes when i realized there was a problem with widgets and it started acting weird. Unfortunately my back up didn’t work out and i started from scratch with a fresh install. I am unfortunately experiencing the same issues now so i would like to get it solved before i get to far and lose everything again.

The problem I have is that if i go on the page to customize the widgets i get a lot of error messages and the page keeps loading. Every time the errors are different. There are sometimes more or sometimes less errors.

Why does this happen and how can i solve it?

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6290 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Debora,

Thank you for buying our theme. We hope it will meet all your expectations! 🙂

To help us getting clues and find a solution to this issue, please activate logging on your website, just turn WP_DEBUG to true, by pasting the following code lines in your wp-config.php file, just before the line that says ‘That’s all, stop editing! Happy blogging.’:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

// Disable display of errors and warnings 
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
    @ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

More on this in the following topic: Debugging in WordPress.

Then, could you please try to reproduce error? This time, thanks to the code snippet that you’ve recently added to your wp-config.php file, we should be able to read the error.

Finally, could you share the content of your debug.log file with us please? You can post the content of this file as plain text in your next reply and mark it as private to keep this between us.

After having reviewed your next reply, we’ll be able to tell you if the issue is caused by our product, a third party plugin or any type misconfiguration on your server.

If we’re not able to help, we’ll recommend you to transfer the error logs to the plugin author or to your server hosting support.

Thank you.

Verona
    Participant
    • 23 Topics
    • 106 Posts
    @debora
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6290 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Debora,

Thank you for your detailed feedback.

It seems these errors comes from many plugins. My best guess might be that this issue is probably caused by insufficient memory allocation or file permission misconfiguration for your server.

Then, please deactivate all plugins, activate a default WP theme (i.e. Twenty Seventeen) and then try to run the WP Importer with the following file: themeunittestdata.wordpress.xml.

This may confirm that the problem is related with your configuration and it will give you the necessary error logs to transfer to your server hosting support.

Finally, please also check the WordPress prerequisites here: Requirements.

For better performance (and better security) we obviously recommend the version 7.2 for PHP. Nevertheless, if this is not possible for you (server type, incompatibilities with plugins, etc.) we recommend at least version 5.6.X.

We hope this will help.

Regards

Verona
    Participant
    • 23 Topics
    • 106 Posts
    @debora

I have a managed wordpress hosting by dreamhost.com and they meet the requirements.

I followed the steps you mentioned, disactivated all plugins and changed the theme to the standard one, but i get an error message at the import.

The dubug log is:

[03-Mar-2022 21:50:33 UTC] PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/wp_knarnh/haarlem.singles/wp-content/plugins/wordpress-importer/parsers/class-wxr-parser.php on line 35
    [03-Mar-2022 21:51:45 UTC] PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/wp_knarnh/haarlem.singles/wp-content/plugins/wordpress-importer/parsers/class-wxr-parser.php on line 35
    [03-Mar-2022 21:55:12 UTC] PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/wp_knarnh/haarlem.singles/wp-content/plugins/wordpress-importer/parsers/class-wxr-parser.php on line 35

Verona
    Participant
    • 23 Topics
    • 106 Posts
    @debora

Also when i activate the theme i get this message attached. I need to refresh the page to get it active.

Verona
    Participant
    • 23 Topics
    • 106 Posts
    @debora

[03-Mar-2022 22:54:34 UTC] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/wp_knarnh/haarlem.singles/wp-admin/includes/plugin.php:1829) in /home/wp_knarnh/haarlem.singles/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1355
    [03-Mar-2022 22:54:34 UTC] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/wp_knarnh/haarlem.singles/wp-admin/includes/plugin.php:1829) in /home/wp_knarnh/haarlem.singles/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1358
    [03-Mar-2022 22:54:55 UTC] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/wp_knarnh/haarlem.singles/wp-admin/includes/plugin.php:1829) in /home/wp_knarnh/haarlem.singles/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1355
    [03-Mar-2022 22:54:55 UTC] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/wp_knarnh/haarlem.singles/wp-admin/includes/plugin.php:1829) in /home/wp_knarnh/haarlem.singles/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1358

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6290 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Debora,

Could you please confirm me that these lines are still added to your wp-config?

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

// Disable display of errors and warnings 
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
    @ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

Please make sure that none of the line is duplicated, in case one of them was already in the wp-config.

Best,

Verona
    Participant
    • 23 Topics
    • 106 Posts
    @debora

They are. I have tried several times to getit right but they are now. I have figured it with trial and error because i am no programmer and the article on how to do it was to me a bit cryptic.

Verona
    Participant
    • 23 Topics
    • 106 Posts
    @debora
    Verona
    Participant
    • 23 Topics
    • 106 Posts
    @debora
    Verona
    Participant
    • 23 Topics
    • 106 Posts
    @debora

I have asked dreamhost to delete everything, make now a fresh install of wordpress with a new database. I will then want to install the theme again but i am wondering if the theme is stable enough after the wordpress update to 5.9 or if i should better go with another theme. Do u find that your users are having more problems with the theme after the upgrade or is just me having such a bad luck with it?

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6290 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Debora,

Thank you for your detailed feedback.

Be sure out theme is compatible with the last version of WordPress. I really think something strange is going on on your side.

I will investigate further and come back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

Verona
    Participant
    • 23 Topics
    • 106 Posts
    @debora

I have now a fresh install of wordpress. I am setting up a staging site and start there from scratch with uploading the theme. I’ll keep you posted on the progress.

Verona
    Participant
    • 23 Topics
    • 106 Posts
    @debora
    Verona
    Participant
    • 23 Topics
    • 106 Posts
    @debora

I believe there is something going on with the grimlock plugin. On the homepage i get an error that a grimlock block is not working.

And if i go to the widget section it gives me here the same issues as on prievious install. I am not able to collapse the different bloks after i have opened them. Also it looks like those are old ‘legacy’ widgets. They may need updating in the theme release to solve this issue?

So to recap, the problems i see are with:
    – the merlin plugin when installing theme
    – the grimlock block on the homepage
    – the widget section not working properly

This happens even if completely new installation with only the requested theme plugins activated.

Verona
    Participant
    • 23 Topics
    • 106 Posts
    @debora

And forgot to mention that elementor is also showing an empty page when going to edit home.

I saw in another topic here in the support forum that you should select the elementor option when installing the demo but i didn’t get shown that option.

Verona
    Participant
    • 23 Topics
    • 106 Posts
    @debora
    Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6290 Posts
    @themodactyl

Thank you for sharing these information with us Debora!

It’s best if we take a quick look at this… Could you create a new website user for us please on your staging website? If possible with administrator capabilities so we can make a quick check of your settings.
    You can post the user name and password in your next reply and mark it as private to keep this between us.

Also, are we free to deactivate plugins for our tests? In this case, I invite you to make a backup before we investigate your website further in order to make sure you don’t loose any data if something goes wrong. If possible, we would like to make a reset on your staging website to make some tests. Can we do this?

Thank you.

Verona
    Participant
    • 23 Topics
    • 106 Posts
    @debora
    Verona
    Participant
    • 23 Topics
    • 106 Posts
    @debora
    Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6290 Posts
    @themodactyl
    Verona
    Participant
    • 23 Topics
    • 106 Posts
    @debora

It is asking for username and password. I sent you those a couple of messages ago.

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6290 Posts
    @themodactyl
    Verona
    Participant
    • 23 Topics
    • 106 Posts
    @debora
Roboraptor 🦖
Themosaurus Topic Closer

Hi there,

This topic has been inactive for a while now so we will be closing it to keep the forum tidy. Don't hesitate to create a new topic if you still need help and we'll be glad to help you!

Best regards,
The Themosaurus team.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Widgets problems’ is closed to new replies.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site