Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

Widgets problems

This topic is resolved
Viewing 15 posts - 26 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 23 Topics
    • 106 Posts
    @debora
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Verona
    Participant
    • 23 Topics
    • 106 Posts
    @debora
    Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Debora,

Sorry, I tried the credentials you send in these replies: #39051, #39109 and #39110.

Thank you for sharing new credentials. Unfortunately, we can’t, again, log in. Please find the screenshot and the screencast in my next reply.

Can you please provide us the right credentials?

Best,

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl
    Verona
    Participant
    • 23 Topics
    • 106 Posts
    @debora
    Verona
    Participant
    • 23 Topics
    • 106 Posts
    @debora
    Verona
    Participant
    • 23 Topics
    • 106 Posts
    @debora
    Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Thank you for granting us access to your WP Admin. It’s working now. 🙂

We will investigate further to find from where this issue is coming from.

We will be back to you ASAP.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Thank you for your patience Debora. 🙂

First of all, we made some tests but we can’t reproduce the errors you received. Can you please tell us if some errors are still displaying when editing your website? Some of the issues you were facing might come from your server. We think there is a module that is missing. we suggest you to reach your host and ask them to activate the “mime_magic” module on your server. If you have the possibility, I suggest you to install your website on another server to make sure that this issue is coming from your actual host. Hope your hosting provider will be able to help you with this information.

Secondly, you can’t (yet) edit your pages with Elementor. Be sure our theme is compatible with Elementor. However, please be aware that our demo have been build with Gutenberg editor. It is the default editor for WordPress and is recommended for many reasons, including its ease of use, speed and lightness. To know more about how to use Gutenberg, I think this article from WP Beginner might help you: How to Use the WordPress Block Editor.

You should know that we have developed our own blocks called Grimlock (Grimlock Section, Grimlock Query, Grimlock Posts, Grimlock Divider, …). These blocks will give you a lot of customization possibilities. You shouldn’t feel limited.

Note that we use widgets in our theme, more precisely in the footer. You will be able to use the customizer to change the look and add widgets in the widget areas defined by our theme. Both Grimlock widgets and Grimlock blocks have the same characteristics.

Elementor is quite heavy to use. However, in case you would like to edit your pages with this editor, we wrote an article in our documentation that help you manage your pages with this editor:

Installing the Elementor Demo Version Manually

Don’t hesitate to come back to us if you have other questions.

Best,

Verona
    Participant
    • 23 Topics
    • 106 Posts
    @debora
    Verona
    Participant
    • 23 Topics
    • 106 Posts
    @debora

As i was getting a message that those were legacy widgets i installed the Classic Widgets plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/classic-widgets/. This seems to have solved the widget issues. This is to me a definitive signal that there is something going wrong with the theme and the widgets, which it seems are not compatible with the new version of wordpress.

Verona
    Participant
    • 23 Topics
    • 106 Posts
    @debora

Also, I have been able to edit with Elementor before and it was working great. This changed sinds I reinstalled the theme. This means there are no problems with Elementor working slowly. This is a problem of elementor not working properly with the theme. Something must have been changed with recent releases. Before you needed to check a box by importing the demo that you wanted to use elementor to edit the theme. That checkbox is not showing anymore in new imports. And indeed elementor is not working to edit the page. So how do we fix this?

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Thank you Debora for your screencast, I understand now what exactly are your issues. 🙏🏼
    Note that this topic is starting to be a little confusing as a lot of different requests/issues are addressed here. For your future requests, please try to split your questions into different topics as much as possible. One question = one topic.

I will try my best to explain you point by point as I see there is some confusion on how WordPress and our theme work:

1. Edit blocks in Gutenberg: To build our pages, we use our home made blocks called Grimlock. These blocks can’t be edited directly when clicking on the text like you’re trying to do on your screencast. You have to select the block (by clicking on the text/title/button/image inside the block) and edit it in the right of your screen. Please find the attached screenshot.
    2. “Legacy Widgets”: Please, note that you don’t need Classic Widgets at all. You don’t have to install this plugin. This has nothing to do with our theme. Since WordPress 5.8, blocks have been added in the widgets editor. A “Legacy widget” means that this is an “old” WordPress widget. You can use this widget, this name shouldn’t bother you.
    3. When clicking on widgets, view is changing: Since WordPress 5.8, blocks can be added in the Widgets Editor. For this reason, when clicking on a block in the widgets editor, the features/options available for this blocks are shown. The view depends of the blocks. However, it is not an issue, it’s simply how it works. Please find the second screenshot.
    4. Error when opening Gutenberg Editor: When opening the Gutenberg editor, you might get a random error: This block has encountered an error and cannot be previewed. We think there is a module that is missing on your server that might cause this issue. We suggest you to reach your host and ask them to activate the “mime_magic” module on your server. Hope your hosting provider will be able to help you with this information.
    5. Import Elementor Demo automatically: Indeed, this option is not available anymore. Our demos have evolved and the possibility to import an Elementor demo during the setup wizard is no longer possible. When re-installing the demo, you import the new demo build with Gutenberg. This is why you can’t (yet) use Elementor, as none Elementor page is imported. To edit your pages with Elementor, you have to import the Elementor demo manually by following the steps described in the article I send you where all is explained

Installing the Elementor Demo Version Manually

In conclusion, apart from the error you’re facing when opening the Gutenberg editor that needs to be investigated, these requests were not related to an issue with our theme. We hope this will help you better understand how it works.

If you have further questions or requests, feel free to create other forum topics. We’ll be happy to help. 🙂

Best,

Verona
    Participant
    • 23 Topics
    • 106 Posts
    @debora

I seem to not be able to make myself clear on the issues I face or we do not understand each other. I will open separate topics on my issues. Thanks.

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Debora,

Be sure I read your topic multiple times to make sure to answer all the requests addressed in this topic. I’m sorry to read your issues are still not solved and we was not able to understand each other.

Don’t hesitate to provide us with screenshots/screencast of your website please. Please don’t hesitate to comment or highlight your screenshots to help us better understand your issue.

I’m waiting for your splited topics.

Best,

Roboraptor 🦖
Themosaurus Topic Closer

Hi there,

This topic has been inactive for a while now so we will be closing it to keep the forum tidy. Don't hesitate to create a new topic if you still need help and we'll be glad to help you!

Best regards,
The Themosaurus team.

Viewing 15 posts - 26 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Widgets problems’ is closed to new replies.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site