Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

Blocks do not load while editing

This topic is resolved
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 1 Topics
    • 6 Posts
    @sindeon

Hi!
    I just decided to create a new website and bought your theme.
    My problem is that when I try to edit the site, some of the blocks do not show. After a refresh, it even changes which blocks show, and which do not, but it always hides most of them.
    Sorry, the message is in Hungarian – Blokkbetöltési hiba: A válasz egy érvénytelen JSON válasz.
    But it translates to “Problem with loading blocks: the answer is an invalid JSON answer”.
    I tried loading a different page (in incognito mode), with the classic editor installed, it gives a different error message but the same problem (please see attached on the image).
    I tried everything I found on google (https://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-fix-the-invalid-json-error-in-wordpress-beginners-guide/), changed to classic editor, but right now the only recommended option is changing the theme (which I do not want to do).
    Do you have any ideas please?

Roboraptor
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 350 Posts
    @roboraptor

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch!

We provide support only during Belgian business hours (Monday to Friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST), and our current response time can be up to 1 business day. We’ve received your request and we’ll get you an answer ASAP.

We really thank you for your patience!

In the meantime, feel free to check out our documentation resources for more help:

FAQ & Support Documentation

Kind regards,

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Szilvia,

Thank you for buying our theme. We hope it will meet all your expectations! 🙂

First of all, please make sure that you have the latest theme version and that all recommended plugins are up-to-date.

Could you please disconnect yourself and empty your cache? You could also consider clearing all activated caching system as well as your browser cache before investigating any further. If you want to read more on what browser cache is and how to clear it, here is an article that might help you: How to Clear Internet Cache in Every Major Browser.

Then, could you log in and try to edit the page? If this issue still persists, please come back to me.

Best,

Szilvia
    Participant
    • 1 Topics
    • 6 Posts
    @sindeon

Dear Manatan,

Thank you very much for your answer!
    I tried clearing the cache, and even tried it on my computer in different browser, but to no avail. Then asked a friend of mine to open it, and it does the same at different computer, different IP.
    When I look on the website, it looks perfect, and I can edit the blocks in the block editor, but I do not see what I am doing.
    I checked with my internet provider, and updated the PHP to 7.4 from 7.2, hoping this helps, but not.

Szilvia

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Svilvia,

We’re sorry to read that this issue still occurs.

Did you installed other plugins that were not been installed with your theme during its setup? If it’s the case, could you deactivate them and try again, please?

If this issue still occurs, it’s best if we take a quick look at this. Could you create a new website user for us please? If possible with administrator capabilities so we can make a quick check of your settings. You can post the user name and password in your next reply and mark it as private to keep this between us.

Also, will we be free to deactivate plugins for our tests? In this case, I invite you to make a backup before we investigate your website further in order to make sure you don’t loose any data if something goes wrong.

To help us getting clues and find a solution to this issue, please activate logging on your website, just turn WP_DEBUG to true, by pasting the following code lines in your wp-config.php file, just before the line that says ‘That’s all, stop editing! Happy blogging.’:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

// Disable display of errors and warnings 
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
    @ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

More on this in the following topic: Debugging in WordPress.

Be sure we’ll do our best to help you.

Thank you.

Szilvia
    Participant
    • 1 Topics
    • 6 Posts
    @sindeon
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Szilvia,

Don’t worry, we’re here to help. 🙂

Unfortunately, there is nothing that we could do by logging in. To have a clue of what’s going on, we need the logs and only you can provide them to us.

Can you confirm me you met the error again? This time, thanks to the code snippet that you’ve recently added to your wp-config.php file, we should be able to read the error. Could you share the content of your debug.log file with us please? You can post the content of this file as plain text in your next reply and mark it as private to keep this between us.

After having reviewed your next reply, we’ll be able to tell you if the issue is caused by our product, a third party plugin or any type misconfiguration on your server.

If we’re not able to help, we’ll recommend you to transfer the error logs to the plugin author or to your server hosting support.

Let me know if you need more explanations. 🙂

We’re waiting for your feedback.

Szilvia
    Participant
    • 1 Topics
    • 6 Posts
    @sindeon

Dear Manathan,

I tried two things:
    – reinstalled the whole wordpress, theme and plugin – same problem.
    – I contacted my webhost provider, and his answer was this: “the website error log is full with bugs. What is the php requirement of the theme?” I could not find your php requirement. Right now it is 7.4, but when I started making the site first, it was 7.2, and trying to solve this issue I changed to 7.2. They sent me the logs, but if I try to copy it here, this website crashes (please see attached the screenshot).

I made the debug-change again, but can not find debug file in the wp-content.

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Szilvia,

I’m surprised you get this error. 🤔

Be aware that our theme needs the same WordPress prerequisites: WordPress requirements.
    For better performance and improve security, we obviously recommend PHP 7.4+.

In that case, could you share a screenshot of the logs, please? Note that when activating debug, you need to recreate the error so the debug.log file can be filed.

Best,

Szilvia
    Participant
    • 1 Topics
    • 6 Posts
    @sindeon

Dear Manathan,

I send you the screenshots of the php errors that my webhosting company sent me.
    These requirements are OK, I have 3 wordpress pages at the same provider, and they all use premium templates that I bought at themeforest.
    However, I think I am getting a little closer: I tried turning on and off plugins, one by one. When every plugin is turned on EXCEPT for grimlock, there is no JSOP message. The Gamipress + Grimlock is having the issues somehow, when I have Grimlock and turn on Gamipress, I get a crash, when there is none of them, everything seems fine (except I dont see the blocks of the theme, which is kind of the goal so this is not a solution).
    I had 2 complete crashes with the theme, and I had to re-install the complete wordpress and everything, and this was the fatal error message:
    Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function gamipress_is_network_wide_active() in /home/sindeonh/domains/sindeon.hu/public_html/wp-content/plugins/gamipress-buddypress-integration/gamipress-buddypress.php:141 Stack trace: #0 /home/sindeonh/domains/sindeon.hu/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(303): GamiPress_BuddyPress::activate(”) #1 /home/sindeonh/domains/sindeon.hu/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(327): WP_Hook->apply_filters(”, Array) #2 /home/sindeonh/domains/sindeon.hu/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(470): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #3 /home/sindeonh/domains/sindeon.hu/public_html/wp-admin/plugins.php(193): do_action(‘activate_gamipr…’) #4 {main} thrown in /home/sindeonh/domains/sindeon.hu/public_html/wp-content/plugins/gamipress-buddypress-integration/gamipress-buddypress.php on line 141
    If you have any ideas please let me know. I really do not want to change the theme, but everything else, and other themes work and have no idea. It has already taken a week of work for me, with no result.
    Thanks,
    Szilvia

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Szilvia,

Thank you for your detailed feedback. 🙂

We will investigate and come back to you as soon as we found from where exactly this issue is coming.

Best,

Jason
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 429 Posts
    @themoceratops
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Szilvia
    Participant
    • 1 Topics
    • 6 Posts
    @sindeon

Dear Jason and Manathan,

Thank you for your kind help! I contacted my server providor and they have the following question, if you could please answer this it would maybe help:
    “Please provide us the necessary system requirements of the theme. So far, you only sent us the PHP-version number (7.4) which is fine. But please go into detail, I am sure the theme developer can tell you: what is the required memory and run (?) limit for optimal performance? What kind of functions does the theme use? Can it be any of these which are forbidden by us (i copied the list from the server provider’s website please see below). I am sure we could find the problem if we get answer to these”.
    I know this is a taking forever, but I really love your theme and also love my server providor (they are quick to answer all the time, and i have 6 domains at them for almost 10 years), so please help me keep both <3

Szilvia

apache_child_terminate
    apache_setenv
    define_syslog_variables
    dl
    escapeshellarg
    escapeshellcmd
    exec
    highlight_file
    ini_alter
    ini_restore
    mail
    openlog
    passthru
    popen
    pclose
    posix_getpwnam
    posix_getpwuid
    posix_kill
    posix_mkfifo
    posix_setpgid
    posix_setgid
    posix_setsid
    posix_setuid
    proc_close
    proc_get_status
    proc_nice
    proc_open
    proc_terminate
    shell_exec
    show_source
    symlink
    syslog
    system
    virtual
    Jason
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 429 Posts
    @themoceratops

Hi Szilvia,

Thank you for the kind words, glad to hear that you love our theme!

I’d really love to be able to say what’s wrong but I don’t think this has anything to do with the server requirements. To answer your provider’s questions, here are the WordPress server requirements :

PHP version 7.4 or greater.
    MySQL version 5.7 or greater OR MariaDB version 10.2 or greater.
    HTTPS support

In terms of memory, I believe your website’s memory limit is 256M which should be plenty enough. And in terms of functions, we only use standard WordPress functions, nothing out of the ordinary there either.

The issue here is that when PHP calls a “require()” or “include()” instruction (which are basic instructions telling the server to read a file) the server randomly fails reading the required files.

I’m confident that this isn’t related with the use of our theme or plugins, but rather an issue with the server not being able to read certain files for some reason. Especially knowing that the error messages are randomly pointing to any files, not just our theme or our plugins files. Again I’d love to be able to help more but unfortunately there isn’t much else I can suggest 🙁

I hope your provider will be able to assist you further with this.

Best regards,

Roboraptor 🦖
Themosaurus Topic Closer

Hi there,

This topic has been inactive for a while now so we will be closing it to keep the forum tidy. Don't hesitate to create a new topic if you still need help and we'll be glad to help you!

Best regards,
The Themosaurus team.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Blocks do not load while editing’ is closed to new replies.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site