Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

BP xProfile Custom Fields — dropdown timeout?

Find Answers and Get Support Forums Cera – Intranet & Community Theme Popular Features Member Profile BP xProfile Custom Fields — dropdown timeout?

This topic is resolved
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    • 55 Posts
    @pilgrimteam

Hello!

I have added a “country” custom dropdown where i’ve added all the countries manually.
    The problem is that it seems to be too much information, now whenever I try to make a change it returns “Le lien suivi est expiré”. I’m guessing it is a timeout issue… So it is setup as descending instead of ascending, meaning the 1st country displayed is “Zimbabwe”.
    I guess the issue is with that particular plugin and not with Cera, but have you maybe encountered that situation when creating your demos? If yes, what did you do to fix this (wordpress memory and php settings already maxed out).

Thanks a lot!

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Hi @pilgrimteam,

First, I’ve addressed the geolocation issue in this topic and recommended BP xProfile Location and I think it might also help you with this:

Filter by country – Link user data with posts (as taxonomy?)

And yes, insufficient memory setting during demo import is one of the major cause of issues. We’ve addressed this issue in the following post:

Demo Import Troubleshooting – Common Issues and Resolutions

In most cases, these type of issues are caused by server misconfigurations. Please check the WordPress prerequisites here: https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/

For better performance (and better security) we obviously recommend the version 7.2 for PHP. Nevertheless, if this is not possible for you (server type, incompatibilities with plugins, etc.) we recommend at least version 5.6.X.

Finally, this topic might also catch your attention as one of our user shared the server configuration that has helped him to solve a similar issue:
    https://support.themosaurus.com/forums/topic/import-content-page-loading-forever/#post-12500

Cheers!

• 19 Topics
    • 55 Posts
    @pilgrimteam

Thanks Olivier, I will get these a try! ??

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

You’re welcome. ?

Cheers,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘BP xProfile Custom Fields — dropdown timeout?’ is closed to new replies.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site