Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

Can't edit page

This topic is resolved
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 26 Topics
    • 78 Posts
    @brains99

Hello,

Not sure what’s wrong here or what I’m missing.

I can’t edit the widgets on this page. I’m not clear on how to do that now. Did something go missing?

Why Join?

How do I edit the widgets on that page?

Thanks.

Mike
    Participant
    • 26 Topics
    • 78 Posts
    @brains99
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6434 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi @brains99, 🙂

These widgets can be modified through the Customizer. To display all available customization options, you have to navigate to Appearance > Customize > Widgets and select the right widget area. In your case, this is the Homepage 2 – Homepage Sidebar area.

Cheers,

Mike
    Participant
    • 26 Topics
    • 78 Posts
    @brains99

Hello,

That does not work.

I’m trying to edit this page: https://roleplayersnetwork.com/why-join-2/

I think what I did was take the homepage-2 and rename it and use it for this purpose. There is no way to edit this page in the way you describe.

The CMS “customize” options do not show when I try and edit this page. The side panel disappears when I try.

Also, viewing the homepage 2 – homepage side bar in the widgets section, it does not show all the widgets that are showing on this page: https://roleplayersnetwork.com/why-join-2/

You can see some of the widget area repeat. I’m trying to remove the ones that repeat but I cannot find how to do that.

There is some disconnect between this page and the widgets, I think.

Any ideas? Did you login and view the page in the CMS?

Thanks again!

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6434 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi @brains99,

Thank you for you feedback.

Actually, as you choose to hide the admin toolbar, it complicates things. Usually, you simply have to go on this page and click on “customize”. As this option is not available anymore on your website, you have to make it differently.
    https://support.themosaurus.com/forums/topic/top-black-bar/

In my previous answer, I forget to specify that you have to go on the related page to edit it. Here is the right steps to do it : Appearance > Customize > Navigate to the right page > Widgets and select the right widget area. If you’re not on the right page, you can’t edit the sections in it.

Hope this will help you understand how to do it.

Best,

Mike
    Participant
    • 26 Topics
    • 78 Posts
    @brains99

Thanks for the help, but I’m still not clear. Are you saying that in order for me to edit this sections I have to restore the black admin bar?

Click the link below to see my video screenshot.. when I try your method the customize panels disappears. I cannot edit the page at all. It is not possible.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WePUrXtG9J3uyEAdntx-hsw0Qg_60N73/view?usp=sharing

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6434 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi @brains99,

Thank you for your feedback. 🙂

As I explained, there is another way. You don’t have to restore the admin toolbar. Note that you can make it visible only for administrators. This way, your users can’t see it, but you can use it. For more about this, I suggest you to read the following article from our documentation or create a new topic.

How to Hide the Admin Toolbar for Specific Roles ?

When you change the url manually, you’re not in the customizer anymore. For exemple, if you’re editing your page, you can’t change the url or you’ll lose the modifications you just made. You have to navigate to this page by clicking on the right menu item (if this page is in your menu) or on the right button to access this page.

I hope it will be clearer.

Best,

Roboraptor 🦖
Themosaurus Topic Closer

Hi there,

This topic has been inactive for a while now so we will be closing it to keep the forum tidy. Don't hesitate to create a new topic if you still need help and we'll be glad to help you!

Best regards,
The Themosaurus team.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Can't edit page’ is closed to new replies.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site