Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

Members are Unable to reset password via forgot password on login

This topic is resolved
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 40 Topics
    • 139 Posts
    @harryshapes

Hi,

You guys helped me hide the back end WordPress login page before which is great however unsure if this has made a conflict to members resetting their password..

As a test I have you click the forgot password, you receive an email to reset however all it does is redirect you back to a login page?

How are users able to reset their passwords?

Please advise..

Thanks

kam
    Participant
    • 40 Topics
    • 139 Posts
    @harryshapes
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi @harryshapes,

Yes, we’ve recommended all that in the following topic:
    https://support.themosaurus.com/forums/topic/login-after-activation/

To our knowledge, it shouldn’t prevent your users to reset their passwords. They should receive an email containing an URL to reset their password. Could you share the URL to your website so we try to register and reset our password?

If for privacy reasons sharing this info is an issue for you, could please deactivate the described code snippet and check if the issue still occur? And maybe also share the content of one reset password email in your next private reply? This way, we’ll be able to test also.

Obviously, the snippet might be causing your issue but we want to make sure that it’s the root cause before going further.

Thank you.

kam
    Participant
    • 40 Topics
    • 139 Posts
    @harryshapes
    Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi @harryshapes,

Thank you for replying so quickly.

We’ve tested the password reset feature and clearly, it’s not working as it should. Could please deactivate the provided code snippet to let us test again?

Thank you.

kam
    Participant
    • 40 Topics
    • 139 Posts
    @harryshapes
    kam
    Participant
    • 40 Topics
    • 139 Posts
    @harryshapes
    Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi @harryshapes,

It’s indeed working now. And you’re right, the code snippet provided back then is wrongly redirecting reset password requests to your Login With AJAX login form…

However, this code snippet works fine with our demos. If you attempt to open the wp-login.php page on our “Classic” demo (https://classic.gwangi-theme.com), you will be redirected to our custom login page. And if you create a new account user and repeat the resetting password process, you will be correctly redirected to the WP reset password screen.
    Given your issue, our understanding is that it’s working with our website because we’re using WordPress multisite to host our demos and the master website seems to be taking care of the resetting password process, not the demo website to which the code snippet is applied.

Moreover, after further investigation made with another community member (https://support.themosaurus.com/forums/topic/lost-your-password/), we have discovered to our surprise that Login With Ajax doesn’t provide any screen taking charge of the password resetting process… ?
    It merely triggers the default WP reset password email which will redirect your members to the default WP reset password page, which is admittedly not very sexy.

In summary, there no other reset password screen to redirect to other than the default one… Which is a bummer. ?

To solve this out, we’re looking to provide similar styles for the default WP login forms and Login With Ajax forms. This way, redirections to WP login pages will be smoother and less disturbing for users. This will be included in the coming days with our next release.

Please allow us to express our apologies if this feature is currently causing any trouble with your website… We’re putting all our efforts to release a new version of our theme which will include this change and resolve this issue ASAP.

We really thank you for your patience.

Regards,

kam
    Participant
    • 40 Topics
    • 139 Posts
    @harryshapes
    Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus
    Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi @harryshapes,

We’re happy to announce that we just released a new version of Gwangi (v 1.1.9), along with a new plugin called Grimlock Login.

To update your theme, you can download and install the Envato Market plugin (https://envato.com/market-plugin/) on your WordPress site.

Once the plugin is installed and activated, go to “Envato Market” in your admin menu and follow the instructions under “Activate Envato API Connection”.

When this is done, you will see your purchased themes under the “Themes” tab and you should be able to update your Gwangi theme from there by clicking the “Update available” button.

Once Gwangi is updated, you should see a notice that recommends the installation of our new Grimlock Login plugin. By installing it, your default WP login page will inherit the style defined in your theme and give you a nice login page with no more redirection or password reset issues.

If you decide to install Grimlock Login, please don’t forget to disable the code snippet that was used to redirect to your custom login page, and disable the Login With Ajax plugin too if you don’t want to use that login page anymore.

Finally, please don’t forget to update your child theme if you are using one, and make sure to update all of the Grimlock plugins too.

Hope you like this new update and the new login form style.

Regards,

Joss
    Participant
    • 34 Topics
    • 85 Posts
    @joss

Hi @themosaurus,

We didn’t have an email to inform us about this update…

I don’t understand “don’t forget to update your child theme”, why and how I update child theme ?

I deleted a plugin whose name is TGM Plugin Activation (it was to clean up my plugin list), is it an important plugin, it’s yours ? Can you give me a link to download it ?

Thanks for your responses,
    Joss

Joss
    Participant
    • 34 Topics
    • 85 Posts
    @joss

I updated your theme 🙂

I use your login plugin now, but do you have a shortcode to make a login page or do you have another solution to make a login simple access/form ?

Regards,
    Joss

Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi @joss,

Glad you were able to successfully update the theme 🙂

You have to update your child theme only if you are using one, for example if you are using the Gwangi Youth child theme. In your case I believe you aren’t using any child theme.

Our new Grimlock Login plugin only applies your theme style and logo on the default WordPress login form, it does not provide a shortcode to display the login form. If you need a custom login page, you should keep using the Login With Ajax plugin.

Best regards,

Joss
    Participant
    • 34 Topics
    • 85 Posts
    @joss

Hi @themosaurus,

I use Gwangi Child Theme, it’s obligatory to use a child theme…

Do you know howw can I translate “Lost your password?”, I try with Loco, but it’s already translated…?

Thanks,
    Joss

Joss
    Participant
    • 34 Topics
    • 85 Posts
    @joss

It’s already translated and it isn’t on my login page.

Themosaurus
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 1 Topics
    • 1675 Posts
    @themosaurus

Hi @joss,

We’ll be glad to answer any question related with the setup/use of our theme.

However, it very difficult for us to provide the best support possible and to keep track of issues and their resolution when there are multiple unrelated questions in one topic.

As this topic is getting pretty long and we are deviating from the original subject, for this time I created a new topic with your question and will be replying there:

Translating "Lost your password" in login form

Please try to create new topics when you have new questions unrelated to the original subject. By doing that, you will be making a great contribution to this forum, and we thank you very much for that!

Best regards,

Roboraptor 🦖
Themosaurus Topic Closer

Hi there,

This topic has been inactive for a while now so we will be closing it to keep the forum tidy. Don't hesitate to create a new topic if you still need help and we'll be glad to help you!

Best regards,
The Themosaurus team.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Members are Unable to reset password via forgot password on login’ is closed to new replies.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site