Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

No way to properly restrict access to the site for members

Find Answers and Get Support Forums Cera – Intranet & Community Theme Popular Features Member Directory No way to properly restrict access to the site for members

This topic is resolved
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 11 Topics
    • 24 Posts
    @brobbins

Obviously with a membership site (buddypress), I would want to restrict access to the buddypress parts of the site. I cannot make this happen. I used buddypress and PMPro to try and do it and despite my efforts logged out users can still access members page, profiles, the dashboard etc.

I then downloaded the “My Private Site” plugin. This was able to allow me to restrict the site except for certain pages like the homepage. good. except that I can’t also allow logged out users to see my posts.

How can a close off the entire site except for the homepage, login, register, news, and posts?

Andrea
    Participant
    • 26 Topics
    • 133 Posts
    @youfriend

Maybe this can help u 😀

BuddyPress Members Only

Brian Robbins
    Participant
    • 11 Topics
    • 24 Posts
    @brobbins

This plugin does not work. It restricted my homepage and nothing else.

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Hi @brobbins,

You should be able to achieve this with PMPro.

Plenty of PMPro add-ons are available on the author website to go further if necessary, including one for BuddyPress restrictions:

BuddyPress Integration

This is probably the missing piece if you wish to block access to your members directory.

Please note that this issue is related with the use of Paid Memberships Pro, not with the use of your theme. It’s best if you try to reach the plugin authors as they will be more informed and better suited to help you.

To go further, we invite you to post your request on their support forums:

Support

We remain available for all support requests related with the use of your theme.

Best,

Brian Robbins
    Participant
    • 11 Topics
    • 24 Posts
    @brobbins

I was able to fix this issue. You can restrict access to the site effectively using PMPro but when users register on the buddypress register page they are not automatically assigned a membership level in PMPro. I added the code below to the code snippets plugin so that users automatically are assigned a membership level on registration.

function my_pmpro_default_registration_level($user_id) {
    //Give all members who register membership level 1
    pmpro_changeMembershipLevel(1, $user_id);
    }
    add_action(‘user_register’, ‘my_pmpro_default_registration_level’);

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Awesome @brobbins! I’m glad to read that you’ve able to solve this! 🙂

And thank you so much for sharing this bit of code with the rest of us! #SharingIsCaring

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘No way to properly restrict access to the site for members’ is closed to new replies.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site