Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

Privatizing messaging feature to administrators only

This topic is resolved
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 22 Topics
    • 43 Posts
    @eberling

Please can you help of another “standard behavior with BuddyPress”. Pleas don´t be afraid again – i am new in buddypress and i can´t find a solution in documentation:
    1. How can i create a new message from admin to a member
    2. Which settings are needed for allow members to see the forum and create a new question.
    I create a forum for require membership, but how members-types can see it???

Eberling
    Participant
    • 22 Topics
    • 43 Posts
    @eberling

The Forum i create as admin is set for special types, but as admin i can´t see my own forum, becaus is for special types of members. But as Member of Type whos the forum for, the forum is not displayed.
    How can i be part of many types/groups – because i am the admin
    and how can i display the forum for special member-typs/groupes???

Eberling
    Participant
    • 22 Topics
    • 43 Posts
    @eberling
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6288 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Eberling,

Thank you for bring these issues to our attention. We’re glad to answer any question related with the setup of our theme.

Concerning your first issue, please be aware that the message feature is a standard feature of BuddyPress. This feature has to be activated on your website. To activate it, please go to Dashboard > Settings > BuddyPress and make sure that the Private Messaging feature is checked. Please find the attached screenshot.

However, it is very difficult for us to provide the best support possible and to keep track of issues and their resolution if so many questions are asked in the same topic.
    Moreover, it’s easier for us to share the resolution for a single issue with other members of our community facing the same problem.

So, could you move your other questions into different topics, please? One question = one topic.
    By doing this, you will be making a great contribution to this forum, and we thank you very much for that!

Thank you.

Eberling
    Participant
    • 22 Topics
    • 43 Posts
    @eberling

Oh OK yes, so here we go on with the Message-Problem:
    Of course i activate already the “Private Messaging” in Dashboard > Settings > BuddyPress.
    But with tis setting, every Member can write a Message to each other. I only want to right as Admin to a Member.
    The Member should not communicat with each other. Only Admin to Member.

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6288 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Eberling,

Thank you for your feedback. I understand now what you’re trying to achieve. 🙂

This is standard feature with BuddyPress, but we really think PMPro will be useful in that case to privatise the messages feature. However, we think that this feature will require some custom development work. In consequence, our recommendation is to hire a freelancer to do this job for you. If you’re on a tight budget, we recommend you to require the services from Envato Studio freelancers (https://studio.envato.com/explore/websites-programming). This web platform gives you access to developers who have already experience with theme customizations, and for very competitive prices.

Please note that this issue is related with the use of Paid Memberships Pro, not with the use of your theme. It’s best if you try to reach the plugin authors as they will be more informed and better suited to help you. I’m sure they’ll be able to redirect you in the right direction. To go further, we invite you to post your request on their support forums: paidmembershipspro.com/support/.

We remain available for all support requests related with the use of your theme.

Best,

Eberling
    Participant
    • 22 Topics
    • 43 Posts
    @eberling
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6288 Posts
    @themodactyl

Thank you for your feedback. 🙂

If I’m not mistaken, the issue you’re referring to is addressed here:

create a Forum in admin-Backend the Required Memerships can´t see in Frontend

We ask our community to comply to very simple rules, like splitting long and convoluted questions into short straight-to-the-point questions, like sharing highlighted screenshots as much as possible or like posting one topic per request or subject. This very easy requirement has still not been respected by you as you keep on posting topics including multiple subsections and it make our support job more difficult. We suggest you to report this on the dedicated topic.

However, concerning this topic issue (Privatizing messaging feature to administrators only), it’s related to PMPro and custom development. Here are some explanations:
    Paid Memberships Pro will help you by restricting the message feature to admin. However, the participants will not be able to send message, even to admin. To do so, you’ll need to custom this feature to allow users to send message to admin only. Unfortunately, to our knowledge, there is no plugin that you could install to add this feature to your website. We think that this feature requires custom development work. In consequence, our recommendation is to hire a freelancer to do this job for you.

If you’re on a tight budget, we recommend you to require the services from Envato Studio freelancers (https://studio.envato.com/explore/websites-programming). This web platform gives you access to developers who have already experience with theme customizations, and for very competitive prices.

Please note that plenty of PMPro add-ons are available on the author website to go further if necessary, including one for BuddyPress restrictions: paidmembershipspro.com/add-ons/buddypress-integration/. Maybe there is a PMPro add-on that might be able to help you that we don’t know of. To know precisely which features will be restricted from your BuddyPress website, it’s best if you ask directly to the plugin authors. They will be more informed and better suited to help you: paidmembershipspro.com/contact/.

We hope this will help you better understand how to solve this.

Best,

Eberling
    Participant
    • 22 Topics
    • 43 Posts
    @eberling

Since I am not getting the help from you as I expect, I am trying to open a new topic that explains the problem better.
    You always advise me to contact other developers, but I bought the theme with the forum functions from you. The help you have offered has always been worthless and a waste of time, because until then I had searched all forums myself. I’ve already bought a lot of themes, but I’ve never received as little help as with this one.

I asked you if you could take a look at the installed plugins, if all the necessary plugins that I need for the function are installed, as it corresponds to your demo theme and you even ignore this request and keep advising me another developer.

I am sorry, I am very dissatisfied and am considering to publish it.

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6288 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Eberling,

Thank you for sharing your honest opinion. We’re sorry to read that you do not feel helped.

Please note that you bought a theme that includes style for the forum feature managed by bbPress, a plugin we did not developed. As theme authors, the installation, setting or debugging of third party plugins isn’t part of the support we will provide. When you’re facing an issue related with the customization of a third party plugin, not with the use of your theme, we can’t help you but redirecting you to the plugin authors to report this issue. However, if you’re facing some style issue due to our theme with a compatible plugin, be sure we’ll help you fix this.

As I told you, we ask our community to comply to very simple rules, like posting one topic per request or subject. If you’re facing an issue that requires an investigation from us, we’ll do it without question as we already did for many theme users. In that case, don’t hesitate to create a new topic concerning this specific issue you’re facing.

Please it’s important you know that we added a theme setup to our themes to help our users to install the exact same demo. Each time you start again with a fresh install, you must follow the steps described in the setup guide: Installing the Demo Using the Theme Setup.
    This guide is also available in your admin panel. Please navigate to “Appearance > About Gwangi > Setup Guide” to open it. If you’re facing any issue during the demo importing, we’ll help you as best as we can. However, if you want us to install your demo, we won’t as it’s not part of the service we provide. Moreover, the installation of the demo is an option that has been suggested to you when buying the theme: Installing Your Theme with Envato Studio.

If you have any further request for help, please don’t hesitate to create more topics on our forums. The more precise is your question, the easier it is for us to help you.

You can rest assured that we will handle your request as soon as possible.

Regards,

Roboraptor 🦖
Themosaurus Topic Closer

Hi there,

This topic has been inactive for a while now so we will be closing it to keep the forum tidy. Don't hesitate to create a new topic if you still need help and we'll be glad to help you!

Best regards,
The Themosaurus team.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Privatizing messaging feature to administrators only’ is closed to new replies.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site